Attention!

Thanks for visiting!
* When you see the * in my posts that just indicates a new line/paragraph. :)
* To see a lot of fun information, scroll through the side bars and to the bottom of the blog.

07 August 2013

A Look At Carlene Love Flores & 'Sin’s Flower' ( @cloveflores @evernightpub #contemporary #romance )

Today we have author Carlene Love Flores visiting. Welcome!

What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* My middle name really is Love which is for Elvis Presley’s mom, Gladys Love. So I guess the universe really wanted me to be involved in music and romance. And I have two tattoos. I got the first one, which is an apple, back in the 90’s before I even knew I’d fall in love with the Twilight books. The second is the Depeche Mode Violator rose which I got to celebrate loving that band for over twenty years. I like both being surprised by life but also taking the time to make the right decisions.

What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* Today I’m here to share the second book in the Sin Pointe Novel series, Sin’s Flower. (Book #1 is Sidewalk Flower.) In Sin’s Flower, Jaxon James, a rock star single-father desperate to give his daughter a stable home life, falls in love with his best friend’s estranged, younger sister, Lily, but fears stealing her away before the two are able to heal. I think just like many of the series I love to read, each Sin Pointe novel stands on its own as a separate story, but if you read them in order, you get the inside jokes, the underlying issues and feel the relationships that carry over better.

How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* When Sidewalk Flower ended, I realized that the hero and heroine of that story had earned and been rewarded their happy ending, but the heroine’s best friend, Jaxon James, had been left miserable and broken hearted. I knew he needed and deserved love so I promised to help him find it in Sin’s Flower. A lot of my inspiration for Jaxon’s story comes from Joel Schumacher’s ‘Phantom of the Opera’ movie. I always wished the Phantom had gotten the girl in the end the same way I hoped Jaxon would find a girl strong enough to deal with his darkness and not be ashamed to love him.

Describe the hero in five words.
* Jaxon is tough but sensitive, protective and selfish, alone, can be charming when he wants to be, and carnal. (I know, way more than 5!)

Describe the heroine in five words.
* Lily is a country girl, honest, willing to give people the benefit of the doubt, and awesome because she’s not ashamed to be seen with Jaxon! (5 is really hard!)

Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* Oh, my heart belongs to Jaxon. This really is his story. Without him, there would be no band, Sin Pointe, and I would be a sad and lonely little writer without his and the boys’ antics. But I also have a huge soft spot for the band’s webmaster, Benny. He’s totally brilliant yet acts more like a glorified errand boy. I think he’s just looking to fit in somewhere. I’m hoping to bring his story to the series next.

What's your favorite line in the story?
* It’s from a song Jaxon wrote for Lily: “I can’t help from drowning in your eyes, you make me wanna come and clean up all these lies, let me up before I die. Mine.”

A look into the story
~ Blurb ~
* When Jaxon James, a sexy rock star and struggling single-father, is invited to ditch California and spend Christmas in Tennessee with his estranged family, he hesitantly accepts for his young daughter’s sake. But his attraction to his best friend’s baby sister, Lily Elstone, threatens to unravel the bonds he’s made for his daughter. The honorable thing to do would be to give up Lily. But his instincts are telling him she’s exactly the one who could bring light to his life and the missing fire to his bed. Unfortunately, Lily's too sweet for his world. He fears his rock and roll life style will taint her. How far are Jaxon and Lily willing to go to find what’s missing at home?
~ Excerpt ~
* Hell, maybe he was just trying to scare her straight. This is the real me, I will take you and you will regret it. Here’s a little taste.
* “You know I never wanted to kiss your sister, but you on the other hand. I’m not gonna lie, I could definitely kiss you. I won’t, of course.”
* “You won’t?”
* He paused again to consider the green light she’d just given him with that hopeful lilt tagging the end of her response.
* “You have a great accent,” he said. As much as he’d love to keep her talking just so he could hear her southern quirky drawl, it was time to start winding down.
* “So do you,” she said.
* “I really like your voice, Lily.” He was about to say But I can’t lick and talk at the same time so let’s shush now and we’ll get to that talk later, when she made a tiny movement that pressed her neck into his lips. Their little word play was helping her relax so he held off on asking for her silence.
* “I like yours too.”
* “I like your mouth,” he said.
* “I like your…lips.”
* “Lily, I changed my mind. I am going to kiss you.”
* “Jaxon, what are we doing?”
* “Talking.” He blew another breath into his favorite little place on earth right now.

Buy Sin’s Flower here...
Evernight Publishing | Amazon | All Romance eBooks | Bookstrand

Find Carlene Love Flores here...
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Evernight | Amazon

Thank you for joining us here today, Carlene Love Flores! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.

1 comment:

Carlene Love said...

Hi C.R.! Wow, I am blown away at how gorgeous this post is. Thank you for all your work in putting it together. It really is my pleasure to be here.