What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Evie Knight writes wickedly sexy contemporary romances with irresistible bad boys, sassy heroines, a bit of conflict, humor and a dash of spice. When she’s not hard at work writing, she spends her time blogging, reading, listening to music, or looking for a muse.
* She lives in sunny Southern California.
* Evie loves hearing from her readers. Feel free to drop her a line at email@example.com or you can stalk her on Twitter at @inlovewromance
What are you going to tell us about today?
* Thank you, C.R. for having me on your blog and letting me share with your readers my new release. I had so much fun writing this story I fell head over heels with my hero. To celebrate the launch of Ariel’s Song, I’m giving away two prizes, but first I’ll share a bit about the book, and then I’ll tell you what’s up for grabs and what you have to do to enter. Deal?
A look into the story
* Stranded in a foreign country, bankrupted heiress Ariel Parks needs a job to fund her way home. Assistant of sorts to the musician she’s fantasized about for years sounds like a dream job. She never imagined the gorgeous genius would be a reclusive beast. But the real problem is the way every nerve in her body tingles at the mention of his name.
* His voice startled her. Shit. She opened her eyes. How did he know she’d been there all along? Ariel cleared her throat and walked in. “Hi. I-I was waiting…” She motioned to his instrument. A palpable tension filled the air the moment her gaze met his, drawing her to him. His black T-shirt and jeans gave him a dark angel aura.
* He wore his hair down without a ponytail. Colin stood next to his music stand. His stubble denser, framing his face, giving his piercing eyes a darker caramel shade. Ariel cast her gaze to the large skull ring on his left pinky finger. The man was a hot rocker playing Mozart.
* “Let me make something clear to you.” He raked a hand through his hair, securing a strand behind his ear. “No one walks through that door when I’m in here practicing. Any questions?” Colin placed the bow on the stand and set his violin in its case.
* Ariel regained her composure. “No questions. However, I think we need to set some ground rules.” She crossed the room to the bay window opposite from him. “If I’m going to be your assistant, there are some things we can’t do.” She ran her index finger along the edge of the window then placed her tote on the side table next to it. “For starters—” She turned and bumped into his strong chest.
* “Enlighten me,” Colin said.
* Her heart skipped a beat as she lifted her gaze to him, lingering on his mouth before she met his eyes. Ariel fought the need to kiss him again. How would she ever pull this off when he looked at her with those eyes? Colin trapped her between the bay window and him. He hadn’t touched her yet, but the heat radiating from him being so close ensnared her all the same. Ariel shifted on her feet, trying to set an inch or two of distance between them.
* “For starters what, Ariel?” Colin placed a hand on either side of her, making it harder for her to escape. At her silence, he asked, “Are you going to answer me?”
* “This.” Ariel rested a hand on his chest, to push him away, his warmth burning her palm. “If we’re going to work together, there won’t be any touching.” Her fingertips tingled at the thrum of his heartbeat. Colin glanced at her hand on his chest. Shit. She curled her fingers into a fist. What was she doing feeling his hard muscles?
* “You mean you don’t want me to touch you like this?” He gripped her waist, and she jerked at the unexpected contact.
* The heat of his grasp on her waist seeped through the thin layer of her clothes, stirring her insides. “Yes.” She shook her head. “No.”
* Colin angled his head, closing the distance. “What else?” he asked, his lips a breath away from hers.
* She closed her eyes. “There can’t be any more kiss—”
* He closed his mouth on hers, not demanding, just giving. Colin drew her in, teasing until she asked for more. Ariel didn’t have the willpower to resist him, not when he kissed her like this. Not when she’d fantasized about being in his arms for ages. Damned temptation. Nothing went as planned. She ran her hands up his arms, yearning to touch his hair, allowing herself the small pleasure. Ariel tangled her fingers in his hair, pressing her breasts against his chest.
* Colin groaned, opening his mouth wider, drawing her tongue in. He lifted her on top of the bay window seat, letting the décor pillows drop at his feet. He spread her legs apart until he stood between them.
* He broke the kiss. “You should’ve never come today if you didn’t want me to kiss you again. I warned you yesterday.” He locked gazes with her. “If you don’t want me to touch you or kiss you, say it like you mean it. Don’t say it looking at me with sex hungry eyes.” He breathed in. “Ariel, I don’t just want to kiss you. I want to fuck you. Here and now. So tell me. Do you want me to stop?”
* No. Yes. No. Her chest tightened, heat rose from her feet up her body, her insides stirred. She couldn’t say it like she meant it because she didn’t, or not look at him without being entranced by the lust in his eyes. No. The answer was no and exactly what she’d feared. Not being able to walk away from the man she’d dreamt about for years. My fantasy come true.
* An inexplicable force drew her to this strange music genius, her Aerosmith turned Mozart as she’d called him many times before in her dreams, and fighting it was off the list. “Kiss me.”
* Colin seized her mouth in another scorching kiss, his hands stroking her legs, bunching up her skirt at her waist.
Buy Ariel’s Song here...
Evernight Publishing | Amazon | All Romance eBooks | Bookstrand |
Find Evie Knight here...
Website | Facebook | Pinterest | Tumblr | Twitter
Thank you for joining us here today, Evie Knight! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.
So what's up for grabs? First Prize: $25 Amazon gift card | Second Prize: One eCopy of Ariel’s Song. What do you have to do to enter? Answer this: If you won a date with your favorite singer/music band, who would that be? In addition, enter via the rafflecopter below, add Ariel’s Song to your TBR list then do one or all of these:
1. Like my Facebook page
2. Subscribe to my blog
3. Follow me on Twitter
a Rafflecopter giveaway