Attention!

Thanks for visiting!
* When you see the * in my posts that just indicates a new line/paragraph. :)
* To see a lot of fun information, scroll through the side bars and to the bottom of the blog.

04 November 2013

A Look At Erin Ashley Tanner & 'Goddess of Legend' ( @ErintheAuthor @evernightpub #erom #paranormal )

Today we have author Erin Ashley Tanner visiting. Welcome!

What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* I’m a graduate student in (hopefully) my last semester at Florida State University. My major is American Politics and Policy. When I’m not being forced to read boring materials for class, or write even more boring papers, I enjoy watching cartoons, leisure reading in all genres, as well as writing until my fingers hurt. (I don’t use the computer to write my first draft. I write in journals and transcribe it later.) I dream of building a career as a best-selling author one day. My biggest writing inspirations are Jackie Collins and the late but great L.A. Banks.

What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* Today I want to talk to you about my debut novel, Goddess of Legend. It is the first in a series I plan to write called Demi-God Daughters.

How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* I have always been a fan of Greek mythology, particularly the myth of Hades and Persephone, but what really spurred me to write Goddess of Legend was reading Aimee Carter’s Goddess Legacy series. She did such an amazing job bringing the Greek myth of Hades and Persephone up to date while not being afraid to push boundaries and do something different. After reading the series I wanted to take a stab at modernizing the Greek myths as well. Since I’ve always believed Hades got a bad rap so to speak, I decided to do my best to finally give him a happily ever after. From that desire, Goddess of Legend was born.

Describe the hero in five words.
* Hades is mysterious, handsome, thoughtful, broken and lonely.

Describe the heroine in five words.
* Cameryn is beautiful, scared, kick ass, dangerous and lonely.

Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* That’s a hard decision. I love both Cameryn and Hades, but if I had to pick it’s probably Hades. To me he represents everything I would like to find in a man. And the way he is so patient with Cameryn and so ready to love her and put her first above everything still resonates with me almost a year after I finished this novel. When I created Hades, to me he is the perfect man and I will always hold a special place in my heart for him.

What's your favorite line in the story?
* When Hades says to Cameryn, “I know I can love you the way you deserve if you just give me the chance.” I get chills every time I read that line.

A look into the story

~ Blurb ~
* Cameryn Kane is a Private Investigator with a spirit problem. She can talk to spirits, solve any homicide and has no love life. When an unexpected death sends her world into a tailspin, Cameryn finds comfort in the arms of a talk, dark and handsome stranger, Hades, God of the Underworld.
* When Hades promises to bring her loved one back from the dead if she allows him the chance to woo her for six months in the dark Underworld, Cameryn readily agrees. While fighting her growing feelings for Hades, Cameryn must deal with the return of his ex-wife, Persephone, who is determined to get her husband back.
* Cameryn will soon experience love and betrayal while discovering powers she never knew she had. Along the way she will also learn that she is at the center of a prophecy that could cost her, her life, while contending with the emergence of a mother who will stop at nothing to see her destroyed.
~ Excerpt ~
* “You’d give anything to have your sister back, wouldn’t you?”
* “Of course I would. Anything. But death is final,” Cameryn said climbing out bed and grabbing her robe.
* “No, it isn’t. You can have your sister back.”
* “Are you out of your mind? Deena’s dead, and nothing can bring her back,” Cameryn said as tears started rolling down her face.
* “I can.”
* “You can’t. Nobody can. Just go … please.”
* “Not until you listen to me,” he said getting out of bed and walking over to her.
* Cameryn tried to ignore his nakedness as he stood in front of her.
* “I know this is going to be hard for you to believe, but I’m not really human. I’m Hades, the Lord of the Underworld, and I can give you back your sister,” he said softly touching her face.
* Cameryn laughed. A deep bellyaching laugh. He was out of his mind. Trust her to pick up a crazy one night stand. What a waste.
* “Listen, H, or whoever the hell you are, I’m not sure if you bumped your head or something, but clearly you have some mental issues. I really think you should go now.”
* “Cameryn, I can assure you that I’m in complete control of my mental faculties, and I’m more than willing to prove it you,” he said smiling.
* “Go ahead. Knock yourself out,” Cameryn said now fully convinced her dream lover was certifiable.

Buy Goddess of Legend here...
Evernight Publishing | Amazon | All Romance eBooks | Bookstrand

Find Erin Ashley Tanner here...
Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | or email her at erinashleytanner@gmail.com

Thank you for joining us here today, Erin Ashley Tanner! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.

No comments: