Attention!

Thanks for visiting!
* When you see the * in my posts that just indicates a new line/paragraph. :)
* To see a lot of fun information, scroll through the side bars and to the bottom of the blog.

22 November 2013

A Look At Maggie Lowther from 'Peregrine's Prize' ( @RavenMcAllan @evernightpub #erom #regency )

..Today we have Maggie Lowther visiting from the story Peregrine's Prize. Welcome!

..Maggie Lowther, what would you like to tell readers about yourself?
......* I live in Regency times, which let me assure you is not as carefree and fun loving as a lot of people think.
......* I've loved Peregrine Gretton, Lord Corby, for many a long year, and him me. However, due to his employment, both disclosed and secret, for his Majesty's government, my life was threatened. This worried Perry to such a degree, I was forced to leave him and move to Rutlandshire, where I became the housekeeper to his brother. I never knew how satisfying it is to see a dresser full of clean starched linens until I was forced to move here.
......* Luckily, Nash's wife is a cousin of mine, and my housekeeping duties are not arduous. However, let me say I have every respect for those ladies who are 'proper' housekeepers. There's so much to remember.
......* Meanwhile, although I'm enjoying my sojourn in the country, the slither of fear I have grows ever larger whilst my dearest Peregrine is in danger.

..Are you happy with the way people perceive you?
......* *Shrug* I think so. It's difficult to translate some of the things people on the twenty-first century say, but yes, I think so. I live my life as best I can in my circumstances, and do as I have to. It may not always be the proper way to do things, but even though I'm a lady, I've never presumed to be 'proper'.

..Is humor important? Why or why not?
......* Humor is more than important, it is necessary to live a balanced life. For myself, I live in times that are hard at times. We still have the specter of Napoleon and his supporters hanging over us, and the Regency is not always an easy thing to live under. You have to have humor to enliven things, and to give light release from the humdrum. Luckily Nash has hounds, which can do the most unexpected things at times, (don't tell Andre the chef about the sausages). Perry contrary to what most people think has a wicked and well-developed sense of humor. He just has to be selective about where and when he shows it. His sobriquet of Prosy Perry is not deserved, but as he says, it serves him well. *Shrug.* If it keeps him safe, then I am all for it. After all I see the lighter, loving side of him.

..If you could pull your author into your world, what do you think would happen to them?
......* She would ask too many questions, query everything, and no doubt be ill. (She can not eat Gluten, and flour is Andre's friend.) Things we take for granted (The chamber pot in the cupboard, for instance) may well horrify her. But that which is called progress, is something we all have to accept. Things my mama told me about make me shiver!

..What was the best sexual experience you’ve had?
......* *Snigger* well, that's hard. Every sexual experience with Perry, (who I must add has been, and will be, my only lover) is exquisite. Mind you the first time he showed me just how creative he can be with a candle springs to mind! Lately, as we've been separated, I'd say any one we can manage.

..What was the least interesting thing that has ever happened to you? (In bed or out.)
......* It must have been so uninteresting, I can't remember.

..What’s your take on Gussie Gravesend?
......* Poor Gussie. She was always weak and shallow, and her head easily turned by wealth or the promise of something others didn't have. (Or they did and she coveted.) However, never did I think she would become a traitor. Perhaps if her father hadn't been so greedy…no, sadly I think greed and jealousy is embedded in her. Gravesend pandered to it; he was as bad. They both only saw a way to make money for themselves. Either they didn't see, or chose not to, how they were traitors to their country, and sent many a loyal servant of the crown to an unpleasant death by their actions.

..Now for some author information!
......* My author is Raven McAllan. A multi-published author of erotic romance, Raven lives in Scotland, along with her husband and their two cats—their children having flown the nest—surrounded by beautiful scenery, which inspires a lot of the settings in her books.
......* She is used to sharing her life with the occasional deer, red squirrel, and lost tourist, to say nothing of the scourge of Scotland—the midge. As once she is writing she is oblivious to everything else, her lovely long-suffering husband is learning to love the dust bunnies, work the Aga, and be on stand-by with a glass of wine.

..You can find my author, Raven McAllan, here...
......Website | Blog | Facebook | Author Page Facebook | Twitter

..Now for some book information!
..A look into the story
..
~ Blurb ~
......* They called him Prosy Perry.
......* Anyone who really knew him—like Maggie did—understood that was a façade to protect his secrets.
......* When danger threatened his family, and his lover, he dropped the role and the real Peregrine emerged.
......* Now all he had to do was unmask the traitor and live happily ever after.
......* Was it going to happen or was he destined to be alone again? ..
~ Excerpt ~
......* "You're supposed to rest," she said breathlessly, and bit her lip to stop herself moaning in pleasure. One finger stroked the cleft that separated her buttocks, sliding the silk of her gown up and down and creating perfect tingles and shivers.
......* "We can rest together. What if I need someone?" His voice was low and teasing. "I might, get out of bed and become disorientated. I might, oh have nightmares and need someone to cuddle me, and shoo the dragons away." Maggie sighed. It was so long since she'd seen this loving playful side of Perry. It showed rarely as he struggled with keeping his family together, and trying to uncover the spy ring that threatened their beloved country.
......* "You might not," she said prosaically. "I will only be across the hall if you call out."
......* "Not good enough. I might need my…" He paused and winked. "My hurts stroked away."
......* His cock twitched under her, as if to remind Maggie that was a part of his body that loved to be stroked, and she was always happy to oblige. She giggled and wriggled against him as best she could. His hand tightened and he laughed.
......* "I may have forgotten you, but my cock hasn't, it seems. So Maggie-mine, will you rest with me? Please?"
......* The hangdog, hopeful look was her undoing. This was the private lover of past times. The one she often worried she would never see again. "If you let me up, then I'll move into bed with you." Once more he slid the material he held along the cleft of her arse, and then she was loose. "Naked." It was a command not a request. "Flesh to flesh. Breast to breast."

..Buy Peregrine's Prize here...
......Evernight Publishing | Amazon | All Romance eBooks | BookStrand

..Thank you for joining us here today, Maggie Lowther! It was a pleasure getting to know about you, the story you're in, and your author.

No comments: