So, Lisa Chalmers, what inspired you to become a writer?
* I think it was when I read Jude Deveraux’s book Remembrance and realized that not everyone had stories going in their head all the time. That was when I first started putting them down on paper.
(CR: I loved the book Remembrance! It was one of my favorites for a long time.)
When did you attempt your first story? What length was it? What's become of it?
* When I was sixteen I tried to write my first ‘real’ story. I think it got to be about 60 or 70 pages before my floppy disc corrupted and I lost it. I still have parts of it somewhere.
How many stories did you complete before you sold your first?
* Before I published my first, I’d say over twenty stories of different lengths. They're still on the hard drive. There's a few of them I'll probably revise and release.
What genre(s) do you write in? What drew you to write in it/them? What’s your favorite genre of all to write in?
* This is going to be quite a list: paranormal romance, urban fantasy, paranormal ya, contemporary romance, romantic suspense, historical romance, women’s fic, young adult, new adult, and somewhere on the hard drive is the beginnings of a cozy mystery. My favorite genre is paranormal. I love the freedom of it, there’s a lot less rules to be bound by with storytelling. Basically whatever idea my muse comes up with, if I have enough of the idea to go with and I like it, I’ll write it. Hence the rather large list of genres.
What are the best and worst pieces of writing advice you ever received?
* Best: There are no right way or wrong ways to write, everyone has their own system that works for them.
* Worst advice, honestly I can’t remember.
How do you celebrate/deal with acceptance/rejection letters?
* Celebrate either with chocolate or Chinese food. Loud music is always a good way to deal with rejection. Also taking a good vacation away from the project then look at it later with fresh eyes.
In regard to the book you’re promoting, which actor and actress do you envision playing the roles of your hero and heroine? If there’s a villain or other characters who are pertinent to the story, who would play those parts?
* This is such a tough question. For Avery, I really can’t think of any actress off the top of my head. For Josh, Chris Hemsworth sort of has the look I always envisioned, and as for Gabriel I think I’d go with Donnie Wahlberg.
The book you’re promoting, is it a stand-alone story or part of a series? If it’s part of a series, please list the order the books need to be read in for maximum reading enjoyment.
* IF TOMORROW NEVER COMES is a stand-alone story. I wrote the original draft about thirteen years ago so what sparked the original idea, can’t honestly remember.
*** Now for some fun info… ***
What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
* Right now it would be Rolo ice cream. So good! Also love black forest cake ice cream but haven't seen it in a long time.
Which do you prefer: rain or sun & warm weather or cold weather?
* Sun & warm, have enough of the cold weather.
Are you a morning person or night owl?
* Definitely a night owl. Tend to do most of my writing after midnight, especially when I’m really into a story.
*** About Lisa Chalmers' book/series… ***
IF TOMORROW NEVER COMES is my debut release. It’s a paranormal romance, but it’s not exactly a typical romance. I tend to think of it as a bit of ‘Ghost’ meets ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’.
* Josh Collins has the perfect life—a beautiful girlfriend and a baby on the way, until an accident takes his life and he’s suddenly forced to fight for everything and everyone he loves.
* Alone and pregnant, Avery Rhodes is suddenly faced with a painful new reality. Life without the man she loves is turbulent. Nothing feels the same any more without him and she finds herself facing the unimaginable.
* With his newfound guide Gabriel, Josh is forced to learn what happens IF TOMORROW NEVER COMES.
***Buy Lisa Chalmers' book here***
Amazon | Barnes and Noble | iTunes
***Find Lisa Chalmers here***
Website | Facebook | Twitter
Thank you for joining us here today, Lisa Chalmers! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your work.
Contest ~ win an eBook copy of IF TOMORROW NEVER COMES. Lisa will give away a smashwords coupon so the format can be in the winner’s choice. To win you need to leave a comment with your name, email address and answer: What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Contest will end on the 9th and the winner will be notified within 2 days.