What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* I'm the author of m/m erotic romance, both contemporary and fantasy, the psychological thriller, and anything else that comes to mind. Oh, and a floral designer. If I can’t be writing, at least I have the chance to create with the beauty of flowers and bring a smile to someone’s face. Currently I live in the Willamette Valley of Oregon with my husband with both children attending college close to home.
What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* I'd like to talk about THE DARK BOKOR today. It's not part of a series, but my publisher Breathless Press put out zombie stories for Halloween and this is part of the anthology of individually released books.
How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* I've always been fascinated by hoodoo magic and love reading suspenseful stories of its use in New Orleans. When Breathless Press put out the call for zombie stories I was like yay! Here's my chance. I knew that hoodoo bokors created zombies so I did my research and added them to create my romantic zombie thriller.
Describe the hero in five words.
* Matt: strong, stubborn, intelligent, big heart, integrity
Describe the other hero in five words.
* Jesse: passionate, powerful, honest, loyal and trustful
Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* In the beginning Jesse was my favorite, but as the story went on, Matt became my hero. He's stubborn but willing to believe in Jesse despite his own views. He's a strong man but able to show his more passionate side to the man he loves. He's not afraid to put his life on the line for his friends.
What's your favorite line in the story?
* "You better come back," Matt said, voice thick.
* "I will. You stay alive. I'll always come back for you."
A look into the story
* It's started. Bodies have been found in the French Quarter, torn limb from limb. The undead have been seen walking. For Detective Matthew Rieves, this is the worst news he can imagine. Having spent his entire life in Orleans Parish, Matt's no stranger to the bizarre. Though, despite the growing evidence, he still has a hard time believing in the occult. But when two hoodoo bokors vie for supremacy, it's the innocent civilians that pay the price.
* For Jesse Dalembert, he'd left New Orleans to sever his ties with hoodoo. But when a friend is brutally murdered by the bokor's zombies, he returns, falling at once into danger and into Detective Rieves's bed. With their lives on the line, their simmering attraction flares into a passion they can no longer deny.
* Working against time, can the lovers find a way to stop the hoodoo war, or will they fall victim to the dark magic, maybe becoming zombies themselves?
* Jesse froze, heart pounding in the semidarkness, as an arm like a steel band clamped around his chest, holding him immobile against a hard body. A warm exhale fanned his neck, sending a not-unpleasant shiver through him. The man drew in a breath, nose nuzzled at his nape, and heat pooled instantly in Jesse's gut. Shit. Had it really been that long since he'd been in someone's arms?
* The cold voice in his ear thawed with a slight laugh. "At least you don't smell like them. That's something."
* Jesse's pulse leaped, and his gaze darted around the small office, searching the shadows. "Are they here?"
* "No." A hand tangled in his shirt, jerked him around to face his captor. "But I know your voice. Just who the fuck are you?"
* Jesse blinked at the dark gaze raking over his face. He couldn't see much in the faint light seeping through the closed window blinds. The man had strong features, classically handsome, with a twist of humor to the full lips that had Jesse moistening his own, though he'd have to stand on tiptoe to reach them.
* The man swore under his breath and hauled Jesse toward the windows. "Can't see a thing..."
* The blinds went up, and Jesse winced as yellow streetlight flooded the room and stung his eyes. He would have laughed at the man's yelp of surprise if disgust hadn't immediately swept the attractive face.
Buy The Dark Bokor here...
Breathless Press | Amazon | All Romance eBooks | BookStrand
Find Dianne Hartsock here...
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Amazon Author Page
Thank you for joining us here today, Dianne Hartsock! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.
ANNOUNCEMENT! Dianne will be awarding a $10 All Romance E-Books gift card to a randomly drawn commenter during the tour! So be sure to leave your name and email with your comment, visit the other tour stops (find them here: goddessfishpromotions-book-tour-dark-bokor) for a greater chance of winning!