What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* I’m the luckiest girl in the world because I have the best job. But I’m not only a writer. I’m a mama, a wife, a reader, and a football lover. Before I was able to write full-time, I was a college English professor, and as sad as I was to leave the classroom, I don’t miss the grading. At all.
What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* Ooh! I’ll tell you about STOLEN WISHES because it free right now. (Can’t beat free, can you?) It’s part of the New Hope series and a prequel to WISH I MAY. The prequel can be read before or after WISH I MAY or on its own.
How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* When I wrote WISH I MAY, I knew Will and Cally were together in high school before she left for Las Vegas with her mom, and the more little pieces of their past were revealed, the more I wanted to write their beginning. When readers fell hard for William, I knew I had to write it. :)
Describe the hero in five words.
* William Bailey is: sexy, lonely, compassionate, determined, and loyal.
Describe the heroine in five words.
* Cally Fisher is: innocent, jaded, lonely, protective, and hopeful (I know some of those don’t sound like they work together. That’s probably why I like her so much! :) )
Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* This is a novella, so the focus is really on Will and Cally, but you do get to meet a young Drew, who plays a bigger part in WISH I MAY and is one of my favorite characters to date. She’s spunky and I simultaneously feel for her and want to strangle her.
What's your favorite line in the story?
* We’re connected. Tied together by something bigger than ourselves. Like the moon brings the tide back to the shore, the stars will always bring me back to Cally.
A look into the story
......A sexy smile. Intense blue eyes. A goodness that makes him want to save me from these rumors when no one else would care. I didn't ask for a hero. William Bailey was never supposed to be anything more than a wish, a dream, an unrequited crush. Not for a girl like me--a girl whose fractured family has stolen her chance at a decent life.
......Since the death of my parents, I've always done what’s expected of me, what's "best" for me. Until Cally. The moment her haunted eyes meet mine, the fractured pieces of my heart feel whole again. I don’t just want to save her. I need her to save me.
...Stolen chances. Unbroken wishes. Two lonely souls grasping for hope in the darkness.
......“You think I wanted to date you to satisfy the rumor mill?”
......She focuses on the pavement in front of us, avoiding my gaze. “Didn’t you?”
......“You’re not that naïve, are you?” That gets her to look at me. Her eyes are narrow and frustrated. “Cally, I took you to dinner tonight because I wanted to. I don’t like what they’re saying about you, but my reasons for asking you out were more selfish than they were noble.”
......She stops and leans one shoulder against the trunk of a thick maple as she studies me. “How were they selfish?”
......“I wanted a chance to have some time alone with a pretty girl.”
......She stares at me for two heartbeats. “I really like you, William Bailey.”
......I tuck a lock of hair behind her ear then shove my hands in my pockets to keep myself from touching her more. “I like you too, Cally Fisher.”
......Her teeth sink down into her bottom lip and her eyes drop to my mouth.
......I fist my hands in my pockets and exhale slowly. “I really want to kiss you right now.”
......“I really want you to,” she whispers, flicking her eyes to mine.
Buy Stolen Wishes here...
Amazon - US | Amazon - UK | B&N | iTunes | Kobo | Smashwords | All Romance eBooks
Find Lexi Ryan here...
Website | Facebook | Twitter
Thank you for joining us here today, Lexi Ryan! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.