What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* From a young age, Jewel Quinlan had an abundant imagination and strong desire to write novels. She particularly enjoys writing paranormal and fantasy romance. An avid traveler, she has visited fifteen countries so far (which she enjoys using as settings in her novels) and has plans to see more of the world. She has a particular fondness for Bavaria and studies the German language as one of her hobbies. During the day, she works as a pharmaceutical sales representative and, at night, she writes romance. She currently lives in Orange County, California with her two dogs; Shimmer and Penny.
* For more information visit her website and blog or you can follow her on Facebook and Twitter (links below).
What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* My new release Stealing Cupid’s Bow came out on February 12th. It is a single title Fantasy Romance.
How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* Things strike me at the most random times. I actually thought of this one on a Valentine’s Day a couple of years ago. It all began with the thought “What would happen if someone stole Cupid’s bow?” and then after that a whole serious of other questions followed “Who would do it? How would they do it? etc.” It all flowed naturally from there.
Describe the hero in five words.
* Powerful, sexy, gorgeous, disillusioned, kind
Describe the heroine in five words.
* Hopeful, loving, stubborn, determined, sweet
Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* I absolutely love the main characters, of course. But there is also something about Donovan, Alexander’s right hand man, that makes me want to write a story about him. He is the classic stoic and cool kind of guy with a sharp eye that misses nothing. I feel a sequel coming on…
What's your favorite line in the story?
* She watched in awe as two sleek, giant, wings unfurled and stretched to their full wingspan, framing his silhouette.
A look into the story
* When she learns that Alexander, the sexy stranger she’d sat next to on the plane, is really the god of love, Cupid—she asks for his help, but he declines. The god of love, now long divorced from Psyche and living on earth among mortals, no longer believes in love.
* Raine decides to take matters into her own hands, even if a god tells her she’s wrong. With her life falling apart around her and the solution seemingly within her reach she dares to try and make everything better. Unfortunately, she’s unprepared for the consequences of stealing Cupid’s bow …
* Alexander changed his stance at the same time. Out of nowhere a bow appeared in his hands. He quickly notched an arrow from the right side of the quiver on his back. He drew and took aim, gazing along the shaft of the arrow.
* From what she could see there was only one target apparent in that direction: the woman.
* As he released the arrow, a scream rose from within her, but the sound caught in her throat. The gleaming shaft streaked across the space and sunk deep into the woman’s chest, emitting a shower of golden sparks on impact. A second arrow struck the man as well and another cloud of gold erupted. She stopped walking and, since their arms were linked together, Jane did, too.
* “Did you see that?” Raine asked.
* Jane glanced at her. “See what?”
* She pointed in the direction and her cousin peered up ahead.
* “What is it, Raine?”
* Her cousin wasn’t reacting at all and neither had either of their mothers. And none of the people that had passed right by the scene of the crime were disturbed. She looked again at the couple, afraid of what she might see…and blinked.
* There was no blood. No body lay on the floor. No arrow shaft stuck out from either of them. Quite the opposite. The woman was unharmed and glowing with happiness. She had accepted the ring and the man was now swinging her around in joy.
Buy Stealing Cupid’s Bow here...
Decadent Publishing | Amazon - US | Amazon - UK | Amazon - AU | All Romance eBooks | BookStrand | Barnes and Noble
Find Jewel Quinlan here...
Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter
Thank you for joining us here today, Jewel Quinlan! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.