What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* LaKisha Johnson is a girl after God’s own heart; doing what she believes to be her purpose…writing. In addition to being a self-published author, she’s also a wife of 15 years, mother of 2 and native of Memphis, TN. She comes from a huge family and has always been the go to girl whenever someone needed a poem written or read, an acknowledgement that would convey just what they were thinking or even an occasion written for that special day. She’s an all-around talented lady that makes everything she touches turn to gold. She has 2 degrees from Southwest TN Community College both in Information Technology and has worked in the corporate field for over 15 years. She is also a dedicated blogger, delivering a devotional blog 5 days per week entitled “Kisha’s Daily Devotionals.”
* LaKisha wants readers of her books to step outside the box and read with imagination. She wants them reeled in from the front cover to the last word, enjoying every second in between, asking for more. She doesn’t proclaim to be the best writer or even author in the world…she just proclaims to be blessed because her motto is “God’s purpose is bigger than any problem!”
What are you going to tell us about today?
* My story A Secret Worth Keeping.
A look into the story
* “Well, good for you; I can’t say the same,” said Kerri.
* “Listen ladies, I know that these trips are supposed to be a release to renew our minds but they do no good if you go back to home and accept the same mess you left. If you all are not happy then make some changes. Life is too short to keep living in hell. You all are beautiful, educated and capable of taking care of yourselves so why continue to take less from your husband than what your husband is supposed to do? Please don’t get me wrong, I am in no way saying that you all should head to divorce court, however, I am saying stop lying down and accepting everything. Stop accepting less than what your husband should be giving. Why should you have to find part time love in the hands of someone else? Why should you find pleasure in the bed of someone else when your husband should be fulfilling your every fantasy and you should be filling his?”
* “Shelby, I hear you but you have all that at home, we don’t” Chloe said with tears streaming down her face.
* “Yea, you have a husband whose eyes light up when you enter the room, one who notices your new hairdo, one who doesn’t mind shopping with you, one who holds you when you cry, sit with you when you’re sick, stay up with you when the baby is sick; you have all that,” Kerri added.
* “Yes, I do but this is because I wouldn’t accept anything less. Understand, we have our ups and downs but we work through them. We are not perfect and I’d be lying if I said anything differently but he knows my faults and accepts them and I know his and accept them.” I said.
Buy A Secret Worth Keeping here...
Amazon - Kindle | Amazon - Print | Barnes & Noble - Nook | Barnes & Noble - Print
Find LaKisha Johnson here...
Author Site | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | E-mail
Thank you for joining us here today, LaKisha Johnson! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.
ANNOUNCEMENT! LaKisha will be awarding a download of A Secret Worth Keeping (format: winner's choice) to two randomly drawn commenters during the tour! So be sure to leave your name and email with your comment, visit the other tour stops (find them here: goddessfishpromotions-virtual-book-blast-tour) for a greater chance of winning!