What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* I like writing about the very ordinary girl thrust into extraordinary circumstances, so my heroines will probably never be lawyers, doctors or corporate highrollers. I try to write characters who aren't cookie cutters and push myself to write complicated situations that I have no idea how to resolve, forcing me to think outside the box. I love writing characters who are real, complex and full of flaws, heroes and heroines who find redemption through love.
* I’ve been pretty fortunate in life to experience some amazing things. I’ve lived in France, traveled throughout Europe, Australia and New Zealand. I am a mom to an amazing little boy. I’m surrounded by friends and family. I hate washing dishes but I love cooking. I hate washing clothes but I love wearing them. Writing my bio is difficult because I never know what to say so I hope you like this one. My favorite color is red but I look best in black (it’s slimming). I hate people who don't pick up their dog's crap in public places, people who don’t use turn signals, and I really hate people who are rude and condescending. I especially hate discrimination in all and every form. And although I love holding a book in my hand, I absolutely adore my ereader, whom I’ve named Ruby.
What book are you going to tell us about today?
* Today I’ll be talking about my newest release titled “As Midnight Loves the Moon”. At this point in time, it is not part of a series but I do have an idea for another book set in the same world.
How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* I had a couple of different muses for this story. It was first to be a vampire mystery, and then it morphed into a M/M story. And then finally morphed into a M/M/F erotica romance.
Describe the hero in five words.
* Wayde: Carefree, Spontaneous, Strong, Faithful, Loyal
Describe the heroine in five words.
* Daphne: Sick, Resigned, Caring, Devoted, Accepting
If ménage/multiple partners, then pick a third hero or heroine to describe in five words.
* Alex: Warrior, Uptight, Humble, Loving, Strong
Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* I think it would have to be Wayde because he was fun to write. The witty banter he has with Alex was a delight to hammer out, and I loved discovering his hidden sword and karate talents.
What's your favorite line in the story?
* I like the witty repartee between Alex and Wayde. For instance:
* “You expected me to divulge all my secrets?”
* “I suppose talking your opponent to death is another tactic?”
* “I’m very good at a lot of things.”
A look into the story
* Alexander Malden is a Shade cop sent to patrol the supernaturals who lives among humans. A rogue vampire is killing women and he thinks Wayde is the monster because only a trickster can make him feel such lust and longing.
* To prove his innocence, Wayde goes out to find the real rogue vampire and Alex can’t help but follow because the mating bond has already settled between them. And when they believe they can finally help Daphne, she’s become the next victim. Now they must rescue her and turn her before her heart gives out.
* She bit her lip and tears welled up in her eyes. “I was born with my heart valves messed up,” she said softly. “My parents were told I wouldn’t live. They gave up on me.”
* “I won’t give up on you,” he vowed.
* “Me, neither,” Alex said. “And I think you fit perfectly with us.”
* “But Daphne,” Wayde said, taking a deep breath. “There’s something about me that I need to explain—”
* “That you’re a vampire?” she asked, interrupting him.
* “Yes, that I’m a vampire,” he finished and then blinked. “Wait. How did you know that?”
Buy As Midnight Loves the Moon here...
Evernight Publishing | Amazon | All Romance eBooks | BookStrand
Find Beth D. Carter here...
Website | Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon Page
Thank you for joining us here today, Beth D. Carter! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story. Have a sinfully good week everyone!