What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* MK Harkins is the author of the romantic novel Intentional. An avid reader, she began writing fiction when she ran out of reading selections on her Kindle. Her new novel, Unintentional, is a sequel to her first work and is based on the life of the character Cade. A business owner, Harkins spends her free time traveling, watching movies, reading voraciously, in addition to creating her own fiction. The author currently lives in Mercer Island, Washington.
Can you describe your dream home?
* Anything right on the beach. It could be a shack, I wouldn’t care. I only need to hear the sound of the ocean.
If you could be any character, from any literary work, who would you choose to be? Why?
* Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice. She’s everything I’d love to be – feisty, determined, stubborn and loyal.
What is the first curse word that comes to mind? How often and why do you use it?
* I really don’t swear! I wrote Unintentional, which follows the lives of rocks stars and people from the music industry. So, in order to make it realistic, I used many swear words. The entire time I was writing it, I was giggling like a schoolgirl.
How would you spend ten thousand bucks?
* I’d take a vacation with some of it – and I’d donate the rest to a worthy cause.
What are 5 things within touching distance?
* Computer, book, Kindle, a cup of tea, and chocolate. LOL – I don’t need to move for a day or so.
What story are you going to tell us about today?
* My story Unintentional. The sequel to Intentional, the debut romantic novel by MK Harkins, Unintentional is the heart-racing new work that follows the tangled thread of Cade in the aftermath of his heartbreak in losing the one woman he thought was his soul mate. After taking a hiatus from his job as an engineer, as well as his role in the band as lead singer, Cade reemerges in the Seattle music scene. Enter Laurel, the tenacious and determined music agent. Laurel is determined to sign him, no matter how clearly reluctant he is. Though they try to resist one another romantically, the magnetism is as immediate as it is powerful.
* Unintentional offers readers an intricate, riveting story about the fraught paces of love, while also offering strains of heartwarming humor. With rich detail, authentic characters, and plenty of blood-pumping romance, Unintentional is a moving and multilayered look at how love can slip through our fingers, only to be pulled back again at the most surprising, stirring moments.
A look into the story
* I was wrong. He links his hands into mine, placing them over my head. He leans in and starts the softest, sweetest kiss I’ve ever had. This is good—no, this is spectacular—but I want a little more. I gently nip at his lower lip. He stops suddenly, leans back, and looks at me again, studying me. I think he likes what he sees, because I’m suddenly back against the wall, all bets are off. This is not a soft or slow kiss. This one is demanding, passionate. Oh no, what did I get myself into? But right now, I don’t care. This feels so good. I couldn’t stop even if I wanted to. Wait, I do want to stop. I need to stop. But I can’t. Lord, help me, because I don’t want this to ever end.
* He shifts me away from the wall, continuing the devastating kiss that is now skyrocketing out of control. His hands are rubbing up my back, into my hair, back down. Now he has hands on my upper arms, drawing me even closer.
* My hands are doing their own exploring. I’ve kept all my feelings in, under wraps, for a year now, and I’m unable to hold back any longer. My whole body goes into a total meltdown.
* “Stop me, Laurel.”
* I meet his eyes and shake my head.
Buy Unintentional here...
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Intentional (First in the Series) - Amazon
Find MK Harkins here...
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads
Thank you for joining us here today, MK Harkins! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.
ANNOUNCEMENT! One randomly chosen winner via rafflecopter will win a $50 Amazon/BN.com gift card! So be sure to leave your name and email with your comment AND use the Rafflecopter below to enter. Also, visit the other tour stops (find them here: goddessfishpromotions-book-tour-unintentional) for a greater chance of winning!
a Rafflecopter giveaway