What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* An obsessive bookworm for twenty years, Codi Gary likes to write sexy small-town contemporary romances with humor, grand gestures, and blush-worthy moments. When she’s not writing, she can be found reading her favorite authors, squealing over her must-watch shows and playing with her children. She lives in Idaho with her family. Visit her website www.codigarysbooks.comfor latest news, social media, or just to say hi!
So, Codi Gary, what/who inspired you to become a writer?
* Devouring six or more books a week as a tween, I wanted to write like the amazing authors I couldn’t get enough of. I was inspired by every writer who drew me in.
When did you attempt your first story? What length was it? What's become of it?
* I have always started stories, but never finished one until I was 30. I finished 120,000 word novel based in my imaginary Idaho town of Rock Canyon, and it is forever lost in the folder for horrible first books. :)
How many stories did you complete before you sold your first?
What are the best and worst pieces of writing advice you ever received?
* The best was to stay true to my voice, and honestly I haven’t received any bad advice.
The book you’re promoting, is it a stand-alone story or part of a series?
* It’s a series, The Loco, Texas series, Make Me Crazy is the first book, and I Want Crazy, the book I’m promoting, is the second.
What sparked the idea for the story/series?
* A call out for sweet, southern romance and I love friends to lovers stories.
*** Now for some fun info… ***
Would you/have you own(ed) a snake or some other exotic pet?
* No. I spent two years in school and had friends that liked snakes, but I am not a fan of feeding live or stunned bait to animals. I couldn’t do it.
Which do you prefer: rain or sun & warm weather or cold weather?
* Rain, Thunderstorms, or cold weather!
If you could live anywhere in the universe, where would it be and why?
* Scotland because I love the history and the way people speak.
If you were stranded on a desert island and were only allowed to have five modern conveniences with you, what would they be?
* Toilet paper, carbonated water, a Kindle with a lifetime of books, a solar charger, and a tent.
*** About Codi Gary’s book… ***
* Jake Hansen is a single guy who likes his women pretty and uncomplicated, with no plans to settle down anytime soon. When he decides to help Rand hook her man, he has no idea the effect watching Rand change would have on him. Especially when she starts letting her gorgeous brown hair down and showing off a body he didn’t even know she had. Before too long, Jake isn’t just lusting after his best friend, he’s feeling downright possessive. But when it comes down to the wire, will he get over his issues and step up to the alter…or lose the only woman he was ever meant to love?
* Rand tried to open her eyes but the early morning light sent shooting pain from her frontal lobe to the back of her skull. Her mouth tasted like a baked cow pie and her stomach was churning painfully. She moved a bit and felt something hard tighten around her waist. Her eyes popped open, despite her body’s protests and she stared into Jake’s sleeping face. She was spread over him like a blanket and it was his arm around her middle keeping her immobile.
* Trying to be easy, she reached down to grab his hand, moving it off her waist as gently as she could so as to not wake him. As soon as she was free, she rolled off the bed and stood up, staring down at him in confusion. Jake Hansen, asleep in her bed. They hadn’t shared a bed since the concert trip to Dallas, when Red had refused to sleep with Jake and whined about sleeping on the floor. So Rand had crawled in with Jake and let Red have the second bed to himself. She hadn’t even been aware of Jake that night, just drifted off into a deep sleep, but boy was she aware of him now.
* She walked around the bed, stumbling a bit as her stomach lurched. Damn, she was never going to drink again. She slipped into the bathroom, grabbed her tooth brush and brushed her teeth, feeling a little less disgusting as she ran the bristles through her mouth. She tried to remember what had happened the night before, but patches were missing.
***Buy Codi Gary's book here***
Amazon - Print | Amazon - Kindle | Barnes & Noble | iTunes
***Find Codi Gary here***
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Book on Goodreads