What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* A lover of books, as a teenager Kiru Taye used to read novels under the blanket during lights-outs in boarding school. These days, with a young family to take care of, she's still sacrificing sleep for the pleasures of a good book. During the day though, she transforms her wildly vivid imagination into sensual, atmospheric romance stories with passionate characters. When she's not writing or reading, she'd hanging out with family and friends or travelling. Born in Nigeria, she currently lives in the UK with husband and children.
What are you going to tell us about today?
* My story Making Scandal & the 'Top Ten Facts about The Essien Trilogy'.
* First, the top ten...
1. The book series is set in Lagos, Nigeria. Although the characters get to visit other places like London, New York and Johannesburg.
2. The trilogy is focused on the Essien family and the three brothers, Felix, Mark and Tony.
3. Their father is Chief Aloysius Essien and he is chairman of Apex Group Holdings. His sons run the subsidiaries.
4. Felix's mother is different from Mark and Tonys' mother.
5. Kola Banks is the bodyguard but he grew up in the Essien family home.
6. I have been asked if Kola, the bodyguard will get his own story. The answer is yes. There will be a spin-off story at the end of the trilogy.
7. Ebony, whom you meet in Keeping Secrets, is best friends with Faith Brown who is a main character in Making Scandal.
8. There is an underlying mystery overarching the entire trilogy.
9. There is also a series villain. Although each book has its own villain too.
10. The brothers do have a female cousin, Tari, whom you will meet in Riding Rebel.
A look into the story
* For Mark, personal matters have no place in the boardroom. Spotting the perfect opportunity, he ruthlessly launches a takeover bid for Faith’s Investment Brokerage firm. Finding out he’ll soon be a father, he knows he can’t let the indomitable and sexy Faith go through with her plans of single parenthood. All gloves are off. He’ll seduce her by any tactic necessary if it means his child doesn’t suffer the same stigma he did as a child.
* With the media dogging their affairs in the boardroom and the bedroom, they find that making family is harder than making scandal.
* "Of course, I wasn’t expecting that finally getting you to loosen up will get me so out of control I was going to explode within seconds like a teenager."
* How could he say that or even expect her to believe it? In the past year, he hadn’t exactly been lonely. Unlike her. He shouldn’t pretend this was more than it was. Sex. Lust. That’s all they had.
* She rolled over, trying to cover herself up in a semblance of decency. The thought of him with other women had her heart clenching tightly.
* "If I believe that, I’ll believe anything." She pulled herself up and away from him. "You forget that your pictures have been splashed over the papers with different women hanging on your arms this past year."
* The mattress depressed as he sat on the edge. Tendrils of his heat curled around her. Breathing saturated her lungs with his spice. Need bubbled in her veins. She closed her eyes, hating the tightness in her chest.
* Remember, this is just sex. It doesn’t matter how many women he’s been with this past year.
* Bullshit. Her hands clenched into fists, tightening on the seams of her clothes.
* "Yes, I’ve attended events with women all because you refuse to be seen publicly with me. I would rather have had you as my escort on those occasions."
* Fingers, steel bands, wrapped around her ankles and tugged. Eyes flying open, she gulped in air and slid down the bed on her back until her legs straddled his hips. One by one, he removed her shoes and massaged her bare feet. His fingers worked blissful magic. She purred, to her dismay.
* "But I haven’t had sex with another woman since I met you at that conference in Jo’burg."
Buy Making Scandal here...
Amazon - US | Amazon - UK | Barnes and Noble | Smashwords
Find Kiru Taye here...
Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Amazon Author Page | Pinterest
Thank you for joining us here today, Kiru Taye! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.
ANNOUNCEMENT! Kiru is running a contest during the book tour. She is giving away a $20 Gift card, one Making Scandal T-Shirt, one Essien Trilogy cap and a signed copy of A Valentine Challenge. For your chance to win, complete the rafflecopter entries. This contest is open internationally to eligible entrants over 18 years or as applicable in their country of residence. So be sure to leave your name and email with your comment AND use the Rafflecopter below to enter.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
* That’s the dilemma facing Felix Essien when he wakes from a coma to find he is married to the most beautiful and sensual woman he’s ever known. He cannot remember her or their wedding. He who had sworn never to get married or to give his heart to another. Yet he feels an intense bond with her that he intends to explore fully.
* Ebony can’t believe her good fortune when her paper husband wakes not remembering the temporary marriage arrangement with no intimacies he’d proposed but is now the adoring husband she’s always dreamt of. She plans to make the most of the passion blossoming between them. However would he still feel that way when he regains his memory and realises she’s been keeping secrets and their marriage is not what he thinks it is.
Buy Keeping Secrets here...
Amazon - US | Amazon - UK | All Romance eBooks | Barnes and Noble | Smashwords