What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Isla Grey grew up in Central Virginia. From the time she won an elementary school writing competition, she has always seemed to have a pen and paper handy and a story sprouting in her head. She likes to write a variety of stories, especially those that bring out the darker side of things.
* When she's not being called Mom, Mama, Mommy (you get the picture), by her daughter who constantly keeps her on her toes, she enjoys good music, walking, reading, go-carts and is addicted to "The Walking Dead" and Panera Bread. She's also a pet human to a plethora of cats that have taken up residence at her home.
* Isla also loves movies and is the Movie Mistakes Editor for Bellaonline.com, one of the top women's sites on the web. You can also visit her site, www.islagrey.com.
What are you going to tell us about today?
* My contemporary romance - A Voice in the Dark.
A look into the story
* By day, she works at her family's funeral home. By night, she lives alone on its upper floor. With her stepfather, Sam, about to retire, Abigail is convinced there is only one person who can run the business effectively, her.
* However, her life at the funeral home changes when Hasten Holmes arrives.
* Ready for his first day on the job Hasten is met by a reluctant Abigail who hopes Sam sends him packing after they exchange unpleasantries.
* Reluctant to get too close to anyone, especially someone who's associated with Stu--Sam's lowlife friend and wannabe business partner--Abigail deliberately keeps things strictly professional between them.
* Then something unexpected happens...
* Abigail's plans to take charge of the family business take a drastic turn when she finds the mutilated body of one of their clients, and it becomes apparent that there's more going on in the funeral home as a sinister plot begins to reveal itself.
* The only thing seedier than Griffin’s Bar was the crowd that frequented the local hangout. No doubt their funeral home attire made the two of them stand out among the scruffy beards and long hair of the bruisers and brawlers who were starting to pour in. If it wasn’t for Hasten’s tribal tattoo peeking out from under his short sleeved dress shirt and the black leather jacket hanging on the back of his chair, they’d be completely out of place.
* “First of all,” he said, leaning across the graffiti- covered table as if they were conducting shady business, “you said ‘any place,’ and after the past couple of days, I need a beer.” He guzzled the last bit from his glass before hammering it against the table and motioning for the waitress to bring another. “No,” he continued, seriousness crossing his face, “tell me what happened back there. Did Stu hurt you?”
* “He waited until everyone was gone and blindsided me, pushed me against one of the caskets.” Abigail rubbed her aching shoulder. She could tell there was going to be one hell of a bruise. “I guess I should be thankful he didn’t put me in one.”
* "You need to be careful," Hasten warned through clenched teeth. "Why am I the one who needs to be careful?" Abigail fired back. “Stu attacked me!”
Buy A Voice in the Dark here...
Kindle | Nook | Kobo
Find Isla Grey here...
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Amazon Author Page
Thank you for joining us here today, Isla Grey! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.
ANNOUNCEMENT! Isla be awarding a $25 Amazon GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour! So be sure to leave your name and email with your comment AND use the Rafflecopter below. Also, visit the other tour stops (find them here: goddessfishpromotions-blurb-blitz-voice-in-dark-by-isla-grey) for a greater chance of winning!
a Rafflecopter giveaway