What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* I was born in England. My parents loved to travel as my dad spent many years in the navy. By the time I reached the age of 12 we had traveled pretty much around the world on cruise ships.
* This sounds fun and exciting unless like me you can get sea sick sitting in a bathtub. Lets just say boats do not feature highly in my books.
* I still love to travel, but I use planes. All of my life I have written stories in my head. I would rewrite and add characters to TV shows, edit and change novels I was reading, invent scenarios and scenes to amuse myself on long journeys. But strangely I never wrote any of them down. About three years ago I woke up with a scene so clear in my head I knew I had to put it down on paper. Now, what should I do with this one page of prose? I know, I will email it to some friends. The friends approved, in fact they asked what book it was from. I shyly admitted it was my own work and the reaction was immediate...please write the next bit! I did and I have not stopped writing since.
What are you going to tell us about today?
* My contemporary paranormal holiday romance, Ghosts of Grace Cottage.
A look into the story
* On the first night in her new home, sensual erotic dreams surprise and delight her. Only these aren’t dreams. The rumors are true. Two handsome Regency ghosts inhabit the cottage, becoming corporeal at night, trapped by a curse, compelled to satisfy every desire of the new owner.
* Elly begins to fall in love with Anton and Phillipe, her charming ghostly lovers. But is there more? Can the curse be broken? Or does Elly risk her own soul. As Christmas approaches, and memories surface, how will Elly choose? How can she possibly leave behind the Ghosts of Grace Cottage?
* “I don’t know why you don’t buy a lovely new place with the life insurance money.”
* “My folks always wanted a country cottage. Maybe in some ways I’m fulfilling their dream.”
* Sally yanked the collar of her coat higher as a chill breeze flew along the quiet country lane. “You know she died there,” she whispered. “The previous owner, I mean.”
* “Miss Hardy was ninety-two years old. She had to die somewhere.”
* “Doesn’t it freak you out?”
* “Nope, from what I hear she had a long and happy life.”
* “Really?” Sally shivered. “I don’t know where you get that idea. She was a recluse who wouldn’t let anyone inside the house to do repairs and renovations. That’s why it’s so cheap. Did you hear the rumors? Some people say she used to talk to herself, and strange noises came from inside late at night.” Her voice dropped back to a whisper. “Maybe it’s haunted. I heard another rumor too. They say a witch might have lived here a couple of hundred years ago.”
* Elly laughed. “Sal, honey, I think you need to go back to realtor school. Your selling method leaves a lot to be desired.” Her eyes turned once again to the faded beauty of the old home, and her voice was determined. “I want it.”
Buy Ghosts of Grace Cottage here...
Secret Cravings Publishing | Amazon | Barnes and Noble | All Romance eBooks | Smashwords | iTunes
Find Carolyn Wren here...
Website | Facebook | Twitter
Thank you for joining us here today, Carolyn Wren! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.
ANNOUNCEMENT! Carolyn will be awarding a $50 gift card to winner's choice of Amazon or Secret Cravings Publishing to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour! So use the Rafflecopter below to enter and visit the other tour stops (find them here: goddessfishpromotions-blurb-blitz-ghosts-of-grace-cottage) for a greater chance of winning!
a Rafflecopter giveaway