What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Married since 2000 to a man Dulce isn’t sure is quite human, her husband and children (whom she fondly calls the demon spawn) keep her busy, but never too busy to write. Is there such a thing as too busy to write? Most mornings you can find Dulce set up with her laptop, a cat curled up next to her, and a steaming cup of coffee just an arm’s reach away.
* From cowboys to shapeshifters, she has a story for them all, but her passion lies in writing m/m romances. Dulce believes in love in all shapes and sizes, and that everyone deserves a happily-ever-after.
What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* Fatal Games, my new release with Evernight Publishing, is a stand alone short novella. The story is a romantic suspense (m/m) about two cops who realized there’s much more between them than just being partners on the job. But with a killer on the loose, our hero isn’t sure getting involved is the best idea.
How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* Actually, I saw a picture of a model (Caylan Hughes) and thought he would make a yummy hero. Then the ideas started flowing. My husband works in law enforcement, and my uncle is a retired police officer, so I tend to write about cops rather frequently.
Describe the hero in five words.
* Ginger, sexy, determined, heroic, revenge
Describe the other hero in five words.
* Mouthwatering, dedicated, protective, focused, domineering
Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* Griffin, the hero, is my favorite. Something tragic, life-altering, happens to him in the beginning of the story, but instead of giving up on life, he charges back into the fray by donning the badge once again and goes after the person responsible for turning his life upside. He doesn’t know what the word “quit” means.
What's your favorite line in the story?
* “Would you quit being a stubborn S.O.B. and take some time to calm your mind and lay low for a day? The last thing you need to do is give him another shot at you while you’re rattled. Don’t make me attend your funeral. I don’t think I could take it.”
A look into the story
* Garrett gripped the back of his neck and pulled him down for a scorching hot kiss, his lips rough and demanding as he took what he wanted. Griffin could have pulled away, could have put a stop to it, but as Garrett’s tongue flicked against his lips, he found himself opening, wanting more, needing Garrett’s taste on his tongue. He dropped his boots and his hands rose of their own volition, gripping Garrett’s waist and pulling him closer. So lost in the moment, Griffin didn’t care if someone saw them. It was no secret that he was gay and the guys on the force didn’t seem to have a problem with it. It was completely out of character for him to flaunt it though.
* The deep, devastating kiss was both exploratory and fierce. Garrett demanded that Griffin give in to him and Griffin found himself powerless to do anything else. It was a long, drugging kiss, Garrett’s lips lingering as if he couldn’t bring himself to pull away. Garrett’s tongue thrust into his mouth again, dancing, curling, coaxing. The kiss turned seductive and Griffin couldn’t fight his body’s response to the other man. His cock stirred with interest and for the first time in six months Griffin wanted more than basic human contact: he found himself desiring another man, needing him with an urgency he thought he’d never feel again.
* When Garrett finally pulled away, Griffin was panting, his heart hammering against his ribs, his body hard and tense, wanting a release that he knew wouldn’t come. Not yet anyway. After that kiss, Griffin knew if Garrett pursued the growing attraction between them that he would be powerless to turn the other man away. His body craved satisfaction, but now wasn’t the time. He wanted more than a quick tumble, wanted more than to just take the edge off.
* “I’m not giving up on you, Griffin. We will finish this later. Count on it.”
Buy Fatal Games here...
Evernight Publishing | ARe | Amazon | BookStrand | Dulce on B&N
Find Dulce Dennison here...
eMail | Website | Facebook | Twitter
Thank you for joining us here today, Dulce Dennison! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.