Attention!

Thanks for visiting!
* When you see the * in my posts that just indicates a new line/paragraph. :)
* To see a lot of fun information, scroll through the side bars and to the bottom of the blog.

25 March 2015

A Look At April Patterson from 'Elysium' @TheaLanden @decadentpub #1NS #1NightStand #scifi

Today we have April Patterson visiting from the story Elysium. Welcome!

April Patterson, what would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* I’ve lived in Connecticut my entire life, though I just recently moved from Bridgeport to West Hartford. Working at Elysium is definitely far more rewarding than my old job at a sandwich shop! I never would have imagined myself living here and working at this kind of job, but then again, for the past two years, I didn’t really envision any sort of future for myself. Though I’ll never forget the past, as it’s shaped who I am and brought me to where I am today, I’m grateful for the fresh start.

Are you happy with the way people perceive you?
* I don’t like anyone to see me as a victim (even though I kind of am, though I’ve been working hard to move forward). I want people to understand my background so they know where I’m coming from, but at the same time, I don’t want their sympathy or pity. Especially pity. I hate that.

Is expressing love difficult for you?
* I’ve never really been an open person with any of my emotions; I have a tendency to keep things to myself. However, there are times where I just feel so strongly, I can’t help but take a risk and tell someone how I much I care for them.

If you were to spend a day with a reader, what would you two do together?
* Stay away from work, that’s for sure! Elysium is one of those strange companies where while we want to stay in business, of course, we feel bad for those who use our services. I’d hope that whoever came to visit wouldn’t be in need of what we offer, so we could go do something fun instead, like eat lunch at one of the quirky restaurants in town.

Where do you see yourself in the future? What do you hope to accomplish?
* I definitely want to finish up my degree. Maybe one day I’ll go on to grad school, but for now, I just want to counsel clients at Elysium as best I can and help them move on in their lives.

Now for some author information!
* My author is Thea Landen.
* Thea Landen lives in New York with her husband and a variety of houseplants. A former educator, she strives to encourage creativity and passion in all those around her, and uses writing to help inspire. Though she reads and writes in nearly all genres, she has a special fondness for science fiction, fantasy, and adventure and anything that pushes the imagination beyond its usual limits. When she’s not writing, or thinking about writing, her hands and mind are occupied by either yarn crafts or role-playing games.

You can find my author, Thea Landen, here...
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon Author Page | Goodreads | Google+

Now for some book information!
A look into the story
~ Blurb ~
* Two years have passed since April Patterson’s husband was shot and killed in the line of duty, and she’s trapped in a haze of grief and uncertainty. Having grown frustrated by all other efforts to engage her in activities where she could meet new people, her cousin pays for a date via 1Night Stand. Not thrilled with the idea, April nevertheless contacts Madame Eve and requests the impossible: a date with her deceased husband.
* Brilliant software engineer Drew Monroe created his company, Elysium, to help give closure to those who have suffered the loss of a loved one, through the use of virtual reality. Though passionate about his work, being constantly surrounded by heartache and death has taken a toll on his mental health. When he accepts the case of a young widow referred to him by Madame Eve, her tragic tale depresses him further, but he commits himself to programming April the romantic date she desires.
* April arrives at Elysium and prepares to enter Drew’s virtual realm. Will she find the solace she seeks within? Or will she discover she doesn’t need a fantasy world to discover happiness again?
~ Excerpt ~
* A likeness of April appeared on one of the monitors. For that singular moment, she was mine, the starring character in the show I’d engineered. She explored the world I’d crafted just for her, and a sense of accomplishment melted my heart when she ran her fingers over the grass and smiled. It helped dull the cruelty of the situation, that the woman Madame Eve delivered right to Elysium’s doorstep hadn’t come for me.
* I could have sat there and watched her play in this fictional universe for hours. As it stood, I tried not to think about how soft her hair had felt when I helped put the headset on her or the way her hand gripped mine as if she needed me. But I had a job to do, and it was time to accept this was not a date for us to share together and I had to take on my own role in the production.
* When I input the next commands, Kevin’s avatar joined her in the park. I made sure my own headset sat in place and adjusted the microphone properly. The software altered every word I spoke to come out in his voice, but I still tried to match his cadence and mannerisms. “Hey, kitten,” I said, using his pet name for her.
* I’d seen the same amazement that crossed April’s face a hundred times on previous clients’ faces. Shock, doubt, disbelief, and an overwhelming desire to believe what she saw, all clearly displayed as if I’d read written words. After the surprise wore off, something in her entire demeanor shifted. Her eyes lit up as she gazed upon him, and she reverted back to the woman I’d seen in the photographs. Another pang of envy stabbed through me. No one ever viewed me like that, especially not someone as enthralling as her.

Will April ever be ready to love another man? Find out by buying a copy of Elysium here...
Decadent Publishing | All Romance eBooks | Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Google Play | iTunes | Kobo

Thank you for joining us here today, April Patterson! It was a pleasure getting to know about you, the story you're in, and your author.

No comments: