What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Umm…. I love writing my books and I hope you enjoy them too :)
What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* Stalking the Pharmacist, and yes, it’s the second book in my series- ‘Perfect Pairs.’ Although you don’t ‘have’ to- reading Prowling the Vet- book 1, would make everything easier.
How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* The perfect pairs men are all based on my very multi layered partner. The idea came from a conversation I had with him about why women like reading ménage. I believe what we are really looking for is enough sex, enough love, and men with personality traits that don’t often exist in one person. This story is based around the parts of my man that have been tortured by his past, and yet he maintains an amazing amount of humour and love in his life on a daily basis. The shifter part just came with it. I love shifters.
Describe the heroes in five words.
* Jack- Funny, crass, sexy and dominant. Scott-tortured, sensitive, loving, gentle.
Describe the heroine in five words.
* Ash is smart, loving, affectionate, sensual and a little insecure.
Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* Oohhh…. That’s a hard one. I love my boys, and I find it hard to choose. Jack is just so hot. Talks sexy, impossible to upset and always says the right thing. But Scott is broken, and needs lots of love and affection- all traits I just adore in my men.
What's your favorite line in the story?
* Hmm….this is the set up
* (“My sons are a perfect pair. Which means that they are perfect compliments to each other, in both looks and personality. Pretty much think of it as your perfect man, divided into two.” Ashleigh laughed, the bubbles spreading through her belly and out. She had to cover her mouth with her hand, she was so loud.)
* (The line I love) :
* “Well, in my experience that would be the only way to get a halfway decent man.”
A look into the story
* Scientist Scott and Football-coach Jack are a perfect pair of Rockie Mountain lion shifters, who made the horrible decision when they were young to break from tradition. They each married a woman who made their lives miserable rather than search for their destined mate, and now into their mid forties they’re struggling with their everyday life.
* All the signs show them that Ash is their true mate. Jack is eager and ready to chase, but Scott’s scars run deep. Will they be able to overcome their past to create a new future?
* “You look happy, beautiful girl.”
* Jack’s deep voice slid into her ear as his arms embraced her in their strength and warmth. Fresh, spicy scents filled her nostrils. He smelled great after his shower.
* “Hmmm, I am.”
* How could she not be happy? Her body was still singing from the orgasms Jack had caused within her, and it looked like her beautiful, damaged Scott wanted to love her too. It seemed ridiculous that her life had taken such a massive shift, but she was going with it and wasn’t going to look a gift horse in the mouth.
* She wiped down the clean bench for the second time, feeling the need to nest already. She could do so much with this house.
* “Hey, Jack—” She opened her mouth to ask him about the boundaries of his property, when sounds of a loud commotion outside the house reached her ears and she turned toward the sound.
* What the hell is that?
* The back door burst open and a rather red-faced teenager huffed her way into the room, followed closely by Scott, looking just as disgruntled.
* “Her? You cannot be serious, Dad!”
* Ash blinked at the younger, female version of Scott. This was obviously his oldest daughter. She had his gorgeous green eyes, square jaw, and flowing brown hair.
* “Meaghan, stop being so rude!”
* “She’s not even a shifter! How can you guys be so stupid?”
* A shifter? What the hell was a shifter?
* Meaghan growled and stamped her foot like a toddler.
* Okay, so maybe she looked like her dad, but, from what Ash had heard about the girl’s mother, she obviously had a temperament like her mum.
* Jack growled back and stepped closer, the tension in the room painfully high as the three family members postured and snarled at each other.
* That was just plain weird.
* Meaghan turned back toward Scott.
* “You’re supposed to be with mum! You never even worked on it. You’re not supposed to just give up on your marriage.”
* Scott groaned and threw his hands up in the air.
* “Meaghan, I worked on it for twenty years! I did everything I knew how to do to keep us all together. There was nothing left for me to do.”
* Meaghan growled again, louder and deeper this time, and when she spoke, her words were garbled.
* “No. It’s her fault. She broke up our family. You would have come back to mum if it wasn’t for her.”
* Scott shook his head and crossed his arms over his chest.
* “Meaghan, the marriage ended five years ago and you know it never really should have begun. Your mum and I never suited each other.”
* The teenage daughter growled in an inhuman way. “That’s not true!”
* Ash’s heart jumped in her chest as Meaghan began to change. Her body grew more hair and her face transformed into an ugly, grotesque mask. Then she was gone, and a mountain lion stood in her place.
* “Oh my God!” Ash screamed and jumped back as the animal surged toward her.
* Her men disappeared and suddenly there were three very large, cinnamon-colored cats circling each other, growling and hissing.
* No fucking way!
Buy Stalking the Pharmacist here...
Evernight Publishing | Amazon | All Romance eBooks | BookStrand | B&N
Find Tamsin Baker here...
Website | Blog | Facebook
Thank you for joining us here today, Tamsin Baker! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.