What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* I’ve been writing all my life, since I could hold a writing instrument. Computers foil me, lol, but I’ll admit they’ve made my production soar, although I tend to be more dogged than prolific. As a former therapist I’ve seen pretty much everything people bring to the table, and when I decided to try to get published it was extremely cathartic for me. Dark, emotional interactions, only with a happily ever after. Love don’t come easy but it’s worth the long, hard slog.
* For more on me, visit my website at the link provided later in the post.
What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* The Death of You is not yet part of a series, but there are enough supporting characters that it will be easy enough to follow those threads and build another story. Essentially, this is an erotic suspense and features a young woman, Maddy, on the run from very bad men. She seeks out a BDSM club to both explore her submissive side and find a safe place to interact with others, seeing as she is in hiding and has no other life and contact with people. What she doesn’t bargain for is an almost immediate connection with two Doms, Rafe and Connor—and a ménage is born. The heroine is loath to involve them in her life because of the danger to them but they insist. Unfortunately they are too certain of their abilities and it nearly costs Maddy her life. The relationship is then strained as Rafe and Connor blame themselves while Maddy regrets causing them such angst. Their communication falters, things are misinterpreted and once again she is on her own...until the Doms get their heads back into the game.
How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* As with most of my work, I woke up with it. I’d been listening to music before bed, something powerful and dark, and probably starting plotting the book in my sleep.
Describe the heroes in five words.
* Built, arrogant, determined, hot, sexy x 2
Describe the heroine in five words.
* Feisty, smart, troubled, determined and caring
If ménage/multiple partners, then pick a third hero or heroine to describe in five words.
* I’ll add one word for each of the heroes, seeing as the five words already shared describe them both perfectly, lol. Rafe – dark Connor - light
Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* Maddy, the heroine. Despite her troubled, difficult past, she escapes the antagonist twice at great risk to herself and would willingly sacrifice herself to save others, especially her Masters.
What's your favorite line in the story?
* “You’ll be the death of me.” And I, of you, if Abbott knows we’re connected.
A look into the story
* Rafe Mason and Connor Gillespie are accomplished Doms, ex-military men who are on the lookout for a submissive who will live with them in a permanent ménage. They set their sights on Maddy, and she finds herself fleeing two really good guys, because while she is incredibly drawn to Rafe and Connor, she will not risk bringing the kind of danger down upon them that she knows is stalking her.
* The Doms persist and Maddy resists, until they kidnap her and coax out the truth. Can Rafe and Connor keep her safe? Or will she be the death of them?
* The steaming water rinsed off her favorite soap in bubbly rivulets that coursed over her bountiful curves, but the warmth didn’t prevent a shudder as details contained in the flashback coalesced—Ryker’s evil, curiously handsome features twisted with rage, the slash along the side of his face a seeping crimson streak that soured her stomach and made her falter…and the tables turned. With a gasp she reached to wrench the tap to cold for an instant, and the resulting deluge shocked her mind into neutral, erasing all the images.
* Resting her forehead against the tiles, she focused on the night ahead. Club Vantage didn’t really get started until midnight on the weekends, and while she could have used some additional rest, the familiar curls of excitement soon overlaid the crash of adrenaline, building to warm her insides and pool between her legs. Time to choose an outfit and escape her past, even for a few hours. Maybe the Masters who occupied most of her waking thoughts would be there, and she could indulge in the fantasy that they were more to her than one scene. It was a dangerous fantasy, because she suspected they were indulging in the same wishful thinking, and that would never do. But a girl could always dream. Even a girl like her.
Buy The Death of You here...
Evernight Publishing | Amazon | All Romance eBooks | BookStrand | Allyson Young at B&N
Find Allyson Young here...
Website | Blog | Facebook Profile | Amazon Page | I so enjoy hearing from readers and an email to firstname.lastname@example.org will always get a response.
Thank you for joining us here today, Allyson Young! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.