What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* The Cargills docked at Southampton and explored the South of England in preparation for this thriller, Key to Lawrence. They also sailed the North Atlantic just like Dora Benley. But their transatlantic voyages were on the Queen Mary 2 instead of the Lusitania. They made use of the American Southwest where they live to depict the Syrian Desert that was home to Lawrence of Arabia. Visit their website. Read their blog. Linda also has a Facebook Fan Page.
What are you going to tell us about today?
* Our historical thriller, fiction story, Key to Lawrence: Special Edition.
A look into the story
* The stranger stared at Dora’s package. A wide-brimmed hat shaded his face, revealing only a dark beard and mustache. Smoking a small, cheap, stubby cigar, dressed in a nondescript, ill-fitting dark suit, the man strutted towards her in a menacing fashion. Blueish-white cigar smoke curled upward in a lazy corkscrew. It vanished into the air several yards above his head.
* Twenty-year-old Dora Benley quickly stuffed the surprise birthday gift for her father into her satchel. Holding a green parasol edged with black fringe over her head she skirted crowds of well-dressed, gossiping passengers waiting to board the Lusitania. Dressed in a full-length, aquamarine dress with white lace around the sleeves, Dora moved as far away from the intruder as she could without falling off the edge of the pier.
* She searched impatiently for her parents. They were supposed to rendezvous with her at 11:00 AM. By now it was almost noon!
* A man and woman reporting team burst upon the crowd at Cunard’s Pier 54. They were trailed by a photographer and his assistants carrying a large folding camera and a tripod. The reporters hurled themselves at the passengers.
* “What do you think of the German announcement?” The male reporter thrust a copy of The New York Times at Dora. He pointed to the advertisement prominently displayed on the front page.
Buy Key to Lawrence: Special Edition here...
Find Gary and Linda Cargill here...
Website | Facebook | Pinterest | Goodreads
Thank you for joining us here today, Gary and Linda Cargill! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.
ANNOUNCEMENT! Gary and Linda Cargill will be giving away a historical, 100-year-old postcard of the Lusitania – a valuable collector's item! So be sure to leave your name and email with your comment AND use the Rafflecopter below. Also, visit the other tour stops (find them here: goddessfishpromotions-book-blast-key-to-lawrence) for a greater chance of winning!
a Rafflecopter giveaway