What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* J. J. Lore needs three things; strong, black coffee, time to write, and…well…you can guess the third. When she isn’t inventing fantastical tales filled with passionate people, she’s shaking sriracha on whatever she’s eating or reading about the Justinian plague. For updates on her bestselling erotic romance releases, visit her at the links below.
What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* My latest Planet Alpha book, Ruled is now available. It’s part of a special line of sci-fi erotic romances from Evernight Publishing. They’re all stand-alone stories so you can start anywhere and enjoy them in whatever order you prefer.
How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* This story came from two impulses. First, my critique partner for Unexpected, another Planet Alpha book asked me if Prince Edem, who briefly appears in that story, would be getting a book of his own. I guess he made an impression. Second was my other male character, Mallet, getting into my head and grumbling that Prince Edem always got all the attention and he’d like to get a chance to be a hero in a book someday.
Describe the hero in five words.
* I have two heroes, so I’ll just pick Mallet: smart, confident, sophisticated, strong, and protective.
Describe the heroine in five words.
* Corrine is humble, industrious, brave, kind, and loving.
If ménage/multiple partners, then pick a third hero or heroine to describe in five words.
* Oh, good, now I can talk about Prince Edem! He’s impetuous, passionate, open, arrogant, and loyal.
Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* Mallet. He’s so conscientious about taking care of everything his bondmate the Prince needs; security, food, comfort. He also discovers he has room in his heart for another love when he meets Corrine, no matter how difficult the sacrifice.
What's your favorite line in the story?
* That wide chest she’d sheltered against before was somehow bare and hers to touch so she ran her hands along the sweeps of muscle, threaded her fingers through the hair that dusted it, raised herself up to lick first one pebbled nipple, then the other.
A look into the story
* Despite all the reasons to avoid her, the Alphans seek her out, intrigued by her prickly pride and defiant disposition. For her part, Corrine is intimidated by these imposing and mysterious alien men, but finds herself overwhelmed by their determined courtship.
* Edem and Mallet convince themselves their deepening feelings for Corrine do not have to include bonding, since such a commitment is forbidden by the King and subjects of Alpha, determined to keep the bloodline pure. But when danger threatens, the three are forced to choose between having the galaxy at their feet or losing each other forever.
* Someone’s hands were pulling at the hem of her shirt, and she drew away from Mal to glance down and discover Edem had insinuated his fingertips underneath the material and was now rubbing along her bare waist. Her skin tingled. Mal reached for her buttons and had the front of her shirt open before she realized what was happening. When the cool air reached her nearly exposed breasts, she automatically reached to bring the edges back together, her breath rushing in and out with a mix of desire and caution.
* “Let us see and touch. Just here,” Edem said softly as he caressed her lower back. Mal stared at her, his eyes darkening as he gave a slight nod. It was stupid to even consider it, but she seemed to be doing lots of stupid things lately. This could be the test. She could say no and hope they would stop. Would they let her control this? She didn’t want to say no yet, though. She sucked in a breath and urged her stiff fingers to cooperate as she released her grip on the shirt. She was wearing a bra, so she could say no when then tried to remove that final layer and expose her.
* Edem let out a sigh and tugged at her sleeves, her blouse falling from her shoulders. She couldn’t stop her shiver as the cool air trickled across her back and stomach. Mal tightened his grip on her waist, and with a start she realized he had a sizeable erection and it was pressed into her belly. Normally, she’d shy away, but somehow knowing how aroused he was pleased her rather than made her anxious.
* Mal trailed his fingers along her collarbones. “You’re lovely.”
* “So delicate,” Edem chimed in, and she glanced at him, wondering what he thought of her faded, repaired bra. He was a powerful man on his planet and was probably used to women who were perfumed, groomed, and attired in beautiful chiffons and laces. She failed on all counts.
* Sliding his hand along her side, Edem cupped one of her breasts, pushing her flesh slightly up. Her nipple contracted in a painful nub, and she inhaled deeply. He ran his thumb over the sensitized bit of flesh, and the material of her bra bit into her.
* Mal dipped his head her way, long strands of his dark hair trailing along her bare shoulders. He pressed a kiss to the top swell of the breast Edem was holding, and she shook at the sensation of both of them caressing her in synchronicity. She clenched her hands in confusion. She wanted to touch them but wasn’t sure how. She’d always been confused and tense with the few men she’d been with, which had undoubtedly contributed to her discomfort with the act.
* Soft lips nibbled at her neck, and she leaned away from him, not to avoid the touch as she should, but to allow him more room. The ticklish sensations crept over her nerves, and she compulsively reached up to clutch at Edem’s head, her fingers sinking into his surprisingly silky hair. He bit her throat gently in response, and a surprised moan burst from her. Before she could think further, Mal had fastened his mouth over her nipple and pressed his teeth to the sensitized flesh. Her whole body jolted uncontrollably, and she cried out, unable to hold back the sound of surprise and excitement.
* “It would be better without this,” Edem whispered in her ear as he ran his fingers under the shoulder strap of her bra. Mal rumbled against her breast, and she reached her other hand out to trace into his hair, careful to avoid those curving horns. “May I?”
Buy Ruled here...
Evernight Publishing | Barnes and Noble | Amazon | All Romance eBooks | BookStrand
Find J. J. Lore here...
Blog | Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads
Thank you for joining us here today, J. J. Lore! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.