First, what would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* One day my prince charming came along. He just took a wrong turn, got lost, and was too stubborn to ask for directions. Well that was how my first date ended up with a special man, who is now my husband. Yes, you read correctly, I married him and haven’t regretted a minute. Thirteen years later, I have two wonderful boys (three if you include hubby, which I often do) and I’m following my dreams of writing romance books with HEAs, thanks to my supportive family.
* I started writing several years ago. Mainly children’s books for my boys. Those will probably never get published. Then to quote Martin Luther King, “I had a dream!” As a rule I never remember my dreams, but this one I did, and I wrote it down. And the rest as they say is history. I currently have five books published and another due out in the next couple of weeks. At this stage they are all paranormal. What can I say? I love the big predatory mythological creatures so to offer them their own happy ever after was the least I can do.
What are you going to tell us about today?
* How I handle balancing life and writing and my story Devil Takes His Innocent.
* I balance life and writing the way any mother would. My family comes first. I write while my boys are at school. That’s of course if I don’t have shopping or cleaning to do. And with three boys (hubby included) there is always something to get from the shops and a mess to clean up. After school, my boys need me. Then once they’re in bed, hubby and I get a chance to have some us time.
* I often worry that I’m not producing as many books as some of the other authors around me are. It takes me on average six to eight weeks to complete one book. And I’m someone who can only concentrate on one book at a time. I take my hat off to anyone who’s able to play with two or more stories at once. My brain just won’t allow me to do such a thing.
* That’s also another reason I can only write when everyone is out of the house. Distractions are my enemy when it comes to writing. My books take one hundred percent of my attention. I can’t even listen to music. I like the kind of music that I can sing to, which in turn has me typing the words that I’m singing rather than thinking.
Now for a look into my story
* In order to protect her best friend, nurse Gabby Winters must bow to her abusive father’s demands and offer her innocence to a stranger. She never expected to feel anything, let alone find herself irrevocably tied to the man. But can Gabby learn to accept that Devil’s scars run deep, and the love she’s spent her life secretly yearning for is forever out of reach?
* If Devil thought that keeping Gabby at arm’s length would keep either of them safe, he was dead wrong. When danger lands at Gabby’s feet, it’s up to Devil to pick up the pieces. Will he come to realize that love isn’t a weakness and Gabby is his greatest strength, before it’s too late? Or will he lose the most precious gift of all?
* “Who the hell told you she was a call girl?”
* “I’ll give you one guess.”
* “That asshole Harrison.”
* Devil picked up the photo Jeffrey Harrison had given him. Only this time, his eyes saw something they had failed to earlier. The picture depicted the same woman from tonight minus the makeup. Her beauty and innocence shone through. How could he have missed it?
* His murderous thoughts changed slightly. Instead of just killing Jeffrey Harrison, he planned on torturing the asshole first. What kind of father would sell their innocent daughter to pay off his gambling debts? No matter what sins he had committed, and the list was long, Devil knew that he would never contemplate such a thing. Yes, Jeffrey Harrison would pay for his crimes, and Devil would be the judge, jury, and executioner.
* Though Devil had to concede that Jeffrey Harrison wasn’t the only one responsible for what had happened tonight. Devil had been just as responsible. He had been so wound up lately, that he hadn’t taken the time to appreciate this beautiful woman for what she was. Had he done so, he no doubt would have recognized the signs of inexperience and sent her away before he ruined her. Or at least recognized what she wasn’t, a call girl. He too needed to make amends, only it was for his stupidity and impatience.
* As soon as he had seen the woman, he had become hard. It had been a long time since his cock had appreciated a woman so instantly. Her curves were on display in that tight little dress she wore. He’d dragged her into his hotel room, desperate to hide her amazing body from passersby. He wanted to be the only one to view such a delicious sight. She reminded him of the women from his youth. They enjoyed their food too much to worry about what they looked like. He rued the day that body image became an important factor in a woman’s life. Now, the first woman to pique his interest in a long time, and look at the way he had treated her. It was an error he would make amends for, but first he needed more information.
* “I say you get that fucker on the phone and let’s hear what he has to say for himself,” Viper said, his fae yellow eyes coming to the forefront, highlighting what his body language failed to. He was pissed. He was known as Viper because he struck his prey hard and fast; they never knew what hit them until it was too late.
* Devil followed Viper’s advice, and a few seconds later a ringing tone could be heard through the phone’s speaker. “Hello,” came the wary greeting.
* “Um, yes, Mr. Torments. Was there a problem with Gabriella?” The man’s question had Devil emitting a low, menacing growl.
* “Yes there’s a problem. She’s not a call girl like you insinuated.”
* “Um, yes, well,” the man muttered down the phone.
* “What did you tell her to get her here?” Devil demanded.
* “The truth! It’s not like she’s innocent,” the man scoffed.
* “What the hell did she ever do to you to gain such disregard?” Devil asked, furious at this man’s attitude toward Gabriella.
* “She existed,” the man replied with venom in his voice. “Do you have any idea how difficult she made my life once my wife found out about her? Her presence all but killed my wife.”
* Hearing enough of this man’s viciousness, Devil stated, in a voice that left no room for argument, “Tell me everything you know about her! Then you will stay out of her life. You will have to clear your debt with us without using your daughter any further. Do I make myself understood?”
* The truth was, the money meant very little to him at the moment. Revenge was the only course of action in Devil’s mind. By the end of the phone call, he had this guy’s slow death all planned out. But first he needed to make things right with Gabriella. She deserved nothing less, and so much more.
Buy Devil Takes His Innocent here...
All Romance eBooks | Amazon | Barnes & Noble | BookStrand | Evernight Publishing | Smashwords
Find Emma Anderson here...
Blog | Facebook | Goodreads | Tsu | BookStrand | Google+ | Reader’s email | Author's email | Amazon | Manic Readers
Thank you for joining us here today, Emma Anderson. It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story. Have a sinfully good week everyone!