Attention!

Thanks for visiting!
* When you see the * in my posts that just indicates a new line/paragraph. :)
* To see a lot of fun information, scroll through the side bars and to the bottom of the blog.

17 April 2015

A Look At Darci Diamond from 'Diamond Moon' @celiabreslin @decadentpub #shifter #romance

Today we have Darci Diamond visiting from the story Diamond Moon. Welcome!

Darci Diamond, what would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Hi, I’m Darci Diamond, human-wolf hybrid. I’m 25 and fresh out of grad school, with a degree in Computer Science. I was born and raised in Ashland, Oregon. My parents died when I was little so I lived with my human aunt. It was hard living among humans and having to keep my true identity a secret. Shifting is a problem for me, so I came to Los Lobos, in the Black Hills of South Dakota, to get some help with it. If I don’t find help soon, my next shift might kill me…

Are you happy with the way people perceive you?
* Yes and no. In Ashland, my circle of friends was quite small. It’s hard to make deep connections when you’re keeping this huge secret. I felt like an isolated superhero most of the time, but without the fun powers. That said, I was well liked by my teachers and fellow students – I worked hard and treated everyone with respect. In Los Lobos, it’s a mixed bag. I’m half human and some Wolves can’t see past that to get to know me.

Is humor important?
* God, yes! Life is messy. And for me, I mean that figuratively and literally. I’ll spare you the gory details of my shifts… Laughter lightens the load, ya know?

If you were taken out of the story and placed into your author’s world, what would be the first thing you’d do?
* Get coffee! My author Celia lives in San Francisco, and I love Four Barrel Coffee in the Mission District. It’s nuclear powered goodness served up in a sweet little cafĂ© with friendly service and easy going customers. Great, now I’m totally in need of a cappuccino and one of their bacon maple donuts…yum!

If you could pull your author into your world, what do you think would happen to them?
* Ha, Celia’s a bit of a city girl, but I bet she would love it here, anyway. I have wi-fi so she would feel connected to the outside world. Plus, she grew up in the land of wicked cool thunderstorms, so I know she’d love storm season here. Though on super hot and sunny summer days, she’d probably hide inside until sunset. Sometimes, I think she’s part vampire.

What was the best sexual experience you’ve had?
* Ross. Enough said. :-)

If you could time travel and/or live anywhere in the world, where would you go and/or where would that be?
* Oh, time travel… Well, I’d go back to the day my parents died and stop them from getting on that damn plane. But, wait, if I did that then I would never have gone to South Dakota, never met Ross, and who knows what else might change in the world for better or worse, so maybe I shouldn’t play God… This is the easier part of your question: if I could live anywhere in the world, I would pick wherever Ross is. I love the woods, and so does he, so Los Lobos suits us just fine.

Now for some author information!
* My author is Celia Breslin. Celia lives in California with her husband, daughter, and two feisty cats. She writes urban fantasy and paranormal romance, and has a particular fondness for werewolves, vampires, and the Fae. Her award-winning vampire series - The Tranquilli Bloodline - is available from Champagne Books. Diamond Moon is her first werewolf story for Decadent Publishing’s Black Hills Wolves shifter line.
* When not writing, you’ll find Celia exercising, reading a good book, hanging with her family, or indulging her addiction to Joss Whedon’s TV shows and movies.

You can find my author, Celia Breslin, here...
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Pinterest | Amazon Author Page

Now for some book information!
~ Blurb ~
* Human-wolf hybrid Darci Diamond spends every full moon locked in auntie’s basement in Southern Oregon. Her excruciating shifts terrify her, the last one causing her heart to stop beating. Seeking a cure, she journeys to Los Lobos.
* Ross Luparell returns to the struggling Tao pack, using his millions made in the tech industry to build homes for pack families in need. He never imagined he would also find his one true mate. But when a hybrid with the biggest green eyes he’s ever seen lands on his doorstep in the middle of a wicked summer storm, there’s no denying it. She’s the one.
* She wants a normal human life, free from pain-filled shifts. He won’t give up on her Wolf, and will do whatever it takes to help her accept her true nature. But can he convince her to trust him with her heart?
~ Excerpt ~
* Darci hurried along the gravel edging the worn pavement masquerading as a road leading into Los Lobos, population unknown, exact location not even listed on her Rand McNally map. Her boots kicked up enough dust in the growing wind to make her sneeze, even as the hairs on her nape rose from the incessant sensation of being watched.
* For the millionth time since she’d abandoned her little VW Beetle a few miles back—where the road devolved into a post-apocalyptic joke of a highway—she palmed the pink SABRE mini taser in her jacket pocket, comforted by the hard plastic deliverance of doom her aunt had insisted she take with her on her journey to the middle of nowhere.
* Rolling hills, rocky cliffs peeking out from the densely packed pine trees, meadows encouraging a Sound of Music gallop with arms stretched wide. America’s Heartland. Beautiful and remote Black Hills, South Dakota. Too bad the pretty place had goose bumps tracking up her arms and chills scurrying down her spine.
* The wind kicked up, and she grabbed the bill of her baseball cap, holding tight. If those cranky black clouds started spitting rain, she’d need this little protection. She hadn’t packed an umbrella. Rain rarely happened at home this time of the year. Too bad she’d neglected to Google the weather for South Dakota in June. Judging from the swirling cloud cover, a world of oh, hell no might unleash on her head before she managed to make it to town.
* If the town really existed.

Buy Diamond Moon here...
All Romance eBooks | Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Google Play | iTunes | Kobo

Thank you for joining us here today, Darci Diamond! It was a pleasure getting to know about you, the story you're in, and your author, Celia Breslin.

1 comment:

Celia Breslin said...

Hi C.R.!

Celia here. Darci gave me permission to comment on her behalf. I have her quite busy at the moment in my second Wolf story for the Black Hills Wolves. She's part of the supporting cast.

Darci wanted me to thank you for having her over for a visit. She had a great time wandering in the blogosphere for a bit!

cheers,
Celia