What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Mandy Colton is from Louisville, KY, and lives a very quiet life with her husband and teenage son. She’s a fan of romance, fun adventure stories, and some occasional sci-fi or paranormal thrown in. Veronica Lane and the idea for her adventures came from her own experiences and career working in the travel industry.
* She claims that working in the travel business could be horribly stressful but was equally laugh-out-loud funny at times. She enjoyed many priceless and comical experiences with groups, friends, and peers. Even her clients shared humorous adventures of their own. Her opinion is that there just are no better stories than those that involve true life.
What are you going to tell us about today?
* My story: Way to Go.
* Gathering up the remains of her dignity along with her travel bags, she returns to her hometown in Peachtree City, Georgia. A community similar to a progressive Mayberry, except with golf cart paths and carts. A lot of them. Her family is kooky. The parents are sexually free and liberal, her brother is a golf cart cop with more good looks and brawn than brains. Her grandparents, one from each side, live in the same retirement community and maintain a constant battle while entertaining the other senior citizens. The Grandmother on her dad's side is stuck in the 1960’s, and the Grandfather on her mother's side served in WWII and thinks that the Japanese are still trying to kill him.
* She calls inquiring about a job in the newspaper, a group escort for a small tour company in Atlanta. She is hired immediately and leaves the next day with her first group to Jamaica. First, she meets a handsome pilot with the charter airline they use, and then there is one unusual group participant that doesn’t seem to belong. He leaves the group for periods of time and when things happen, he uses MacGyver like skills to get them out of the situations. She is aggravated and knows something is fishy and the bad thing is, the man is very charismatic and she’s not just a little attracted to him.
* Upon their return, she finds out that the man is friends with her rather unconventional boss and after a second unusual group excursion to Puerto Rico; she knows for sure that the little tour company in Atlanta is not really what it seems on the outside. When the truth is revealed, she finds herself unintentionally dropped into a new career that she can't exactly add to her resume.
* Veronica finds herself in uncomfortable and hilarious situations, surrounded by crazy tour participants, family, friends, neighbors, and pets. After a long dry spell, she finds that there is suddenly an overabundance of romance, drama, and intrigue in her life. Her life is now a sometimes very bumpy, yet exciting ride.
* The two elderly ladies in the group walked up next to me. The one named Zelda said, “Well, ain’t that a peculiar-lookin’ bathin’ suit on that man. Looks almost nude.”
* Then the man turned around, and I gasped.
* Zelda’s travel companion, Ruby, craned her neck, blinked a couple of times, and said, “Zelda, is that what I think it is?”
* “Yup, I’m bettin’ my tummy tuck it is. From here, it don’t hardly look like one. Wouldn’t think he’d want the whole world to know God gave him a dinky one like that.”
* O-mi-god! He wasn’t the only one like…that at the beach bar. And they were mostly middle-aged or older. Oh, my poor eyes.
* When I was finally able to speak, I squeaked out, “Excuse me, folks. I have to go check something out. Be right back.”
* I heard a snigger behind me, and I didn’t have to guess who it came from. I ran past Chuckles to the front desk and asked for the manager again. I had a little trouble getting my breath and was beginning to hyperventilate, so I reached down, grabbed my knees, and stuck my head between my legs. At least blue would be a new color for my face today. Shit!
ANNOUNCEMENT! Mandy will be awarding a randomly drawn commenter a $25 Amazon/BN GC! So be sure to leave a comment AND use the Rafflecopter below. Also, visit the other tour stops for a greater chance of winning!
a Rafflecopter giveaway