Attention!

Thanks for visiting!
* When you see the * in my posts that just indicates a new line/paragraph. :)
* To see a lot of fun information, scroll through the side bars and to the bottom of the blog.

30 June 2015

Welcome special guest: #author KC Klein @kckleinbooks #SciFi #SpaceOpera

Today we have author KC Klein visiting.
What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* KC Klein has lived most of her life with her head in the clouds and her nose buried in a book. She did stop reading long enough to make a home with a real life hero, her husband, for over twenty years. A mother of two children, she spends her time slaying dragons, saving princesses, and championing the belief in the happily-ever-after. An award winning author, KC Klein has written her gritty, sci-fi, Dark Future Series, and The Omega Galaxy Series, but she has become most widely known for her popular Texas Fever contemporary romance series. KC loves to hear from readers and can be found desperately pounding away on her laptop in yoga pants and leopard slippers or more conveniently at www.kckleinbooks.com.

So, KC Klein, what/who inspired you to become a writer?
* I wanted to become a writer when I was in second grade after reading Super Fudge by Judy Blume. I didn’t even know exactly what an author was, but I knew I wanted to be that person who wrote stories and other people read them. :)
When did you attempt your first story? What length was it? What's become of it?
* I didn’t really try to write until around 6th or 7th grade. I started to write long hand in notebooks and then eventually got an electric typewriter that I burned out over one summer by keeping it on for too long.
How many stories did you complete before you sold your first?
* Dark Future was both the first novel I wrote and first that got published, but that doesn’t take into account that I re-wrote that book like seven times. :)
What are the best and worst pieces of writing advice you ever received?
* Both the worst and best piece of advice was the same, “Just write. Everything can be fixed later.” It was the best because in the beginning that was what I needed to hear. I needed to practice writing and getting any words down on paper was the best way to do that. It was the worst because around novel five I realized I needed to learn how to plot. Writing by the seat of my pants made editing sheer hell.
The book you’re promoting, is it a stand-alone story or part of a series?
* My latest book is a space opera romance, The Space Captain’s Courtesan. It’s the first book in the series, but really can be enjoyed as a standalone.
What sparked the idea for the story/series?
* I was talking to a bunch of authors on the way to a publisher party and we came up with an idea of having a themed anthology. We loved the idea of an “accidental courtesan” but shown how that could play out through time. I volunteered for the futuristic time period and The Space Captain’s Courtesan was born.
* In case you were wondering, the anthology never came to fruition, but it was too late for me. I had already fallen in love with the story and knew I needed to write it.
*** Now for some fun info… ***
Would you/have you own(ed) a snake or some other exotic pet?
* Nope. Never.
Which do you prefer: rain or sun & warm weather or cold weather?
* I’m a total desert rat. I hate to be cold or wet. Sunshine all the way, baby!
If you could live anywhere in the universe, where would it be and why?
* I’m not sure. Paris maybe because it seems as if art is more respected there. Really though, I could be happy anywhere my family was.
If you were stranded on a desert island and were only allowed to have five modern conveniences with you, what would they be?
* Shade (I burn so easily); Laptop; Internet; Cell phone; Coffee maker
*** About the book… ***
~ Blurb ~
* Mya is having a crap day.
* Princess Mya Centauri is stranded and alone on the shady Bates Space Station. With rumors of her father’s dethronement escalating, she needs more than her wits and entitlement to protect her—she needs a hero. So when she unexpectedly finds herself mistaken for some whore by Centauri’s most notorious assassin, and at one time her father’s most trusted man, she decides things can only get worse.
* Jax is having a crap decade.
* Framed for a crime he didn’t commit, Captain Jax Rouss, an ex-Royal Guard, is now an escaped prisoner with a price on his head. Embittered after years of trying to clear his name, Jax wants nothing whatsoever to do with the family he once swore to protect. So when he wakes up to find that the sweet, smelling patron-pleaser he’s purchased is not only lovely, but already in his bed, he decides things can only get better.
* But with lives at stake and kingdoms in jeopardy, Mya will do anything to convince the one man who hates the Royal family above all else to become her hero, even if it means being the one thing he can’t resist…The Space Captain’s Courtesan.
Buy The Space Captain's Courtesan here...
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | iTunes | Kobo
Find KC Klein here...
Amazon Author Page | Facebook | Goodreads | Sign up for her newsletter and receive a free ebook! Newsletter sign up | Pinterest | Twitter | Website
Thank you for joining us here today, KC Klein! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your work.

No comments: