* The hero in my story, Dax, could definitely be played by Vin Diesel. Vin is way too short but when he speaks with that sexy voice, who cares? My heroine, Opal, is a little harder to pin down. I can’t find anyone who really embodies her, but if forced to choose, I’d say maybe a young Nicole Kidman with white hair.
* I had just finished the BBC’s NORTH AND SOUTH when I saw the call for the antho, so I kinda had Richard Armitage (THE HOBBIT, HANNIBAL, ROBIN HOOD) in full Victorian fig lodged in my head when I sat down to write. I knew I was going to be writing a piece set in Victorian London, and I could easily see Armitage being able to shift into a Black Staffordshire bull terrier and leading a rough-and-tumble shifter pack in the slums of London.
* Of course, then I had to come up with Gunner’s mate. Who could play a determined, quick-thinking solicitor who could give as good as he got? And then I remembered who Armitage had worked with in HOBBIT and thought, “Martin Freeman. PERFECT.”
* What can I say? I like snarky Brits.
* While I was writing, I totally saw Joe Manganiello as Marick (because, seriously… who embodies the Bad Alpha shifter quite like he does?) He’s big, burly, stoic, hot as hell, but you just know there’s a heart as big as his biceps under all the rest of those muscles.
* As for Caleb, I imagined the face of French actor Gaspard Ulliel – partly because he’s 30 and looks about 21 (which is Caleb to a T), but also because he’s just so pretty I could cry.