Attention!

Thanks for visiting!
* When you see the * in my posts that just indicates a new line/paragraph. :)
* To see a lot of fun information, scroll through the side bars and to the bottom of the blog.

05 September 2015

precious minutes with D. L. Jackson @Dlaree69 @decadentpub #SciFi #romance

Today we have author D. L. Jackson visiting. Welcome!

What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* D. L. Jackson is a writer of urban fantasy, science fiction, military romance and erotic romance. She loves to incorporate crazy plot twists, comedy and the unexpected into her worlds. As a U.S. Army veteran, she naturally adores men in uniform and feels the world could always use more. She does her part by incorporating as many sexy soldiers in her novels as she can. When she isn't writing or running the roads, you can often find her online chatting with her peers and readers. Grab a cup of iced coffee, pull up your virtual chair and say hi. She loves emails and blog visits from her readers.

Today D. L. Jackson will be talking about how she handles balancing life and writing.
* I’ve been writing for almost ten years now, and published for eight of those years. Being an author and wife/mother/grandmother/employee is indeed a delicate balance. Time is the one currency, that once you spend it, you don’t get it back. There are no refunds, exchanges and discounts. You can try to save time, but honestly, once it slips through the hour glass it’s gone. It’s how you spend it that counts.
* About six years ago in my mixed martial arts class
we discussed time. Essentially time equals life. When you put it in that prospective, you realize anyone who wastes your time is taking a sliver of your life, something you can never get back. Therefore, what you spend your time on should always be a priority. So, what is a priority?
* I look at it this way. If it makes me happy, makes others happy, allows me to make a mark on this world in one way or another, it is something I will spend my time on. I have walked away from jobs because they didn’t make me happy. I have walked away from time leeching relationships that brought me nothing but misery.
* When I sit down to write a book, I ask myself. Is this worth my time? Will it be worth my reader’s time? Every book I’ve written has passed that question.
* So, how does one balance a full time job, family and love of writing?
* I’ve written every novel, novella and story from within the cab of my vehicle on my lunch hour and during my breakfast. Here I can focus and separate it from work and family. Here I don’t cut into time I’ve set aside for other things. The Bank of D. L. keeps a tight schedule and as an author, if you want to be successful, you need to be able to put cheeks to chair and focus every day, if only for a few minutes. My goal isn’t necessarily an hour, but word count. If I can reach 1000k words, I’m done, I put it away and spend the remainder of my balance on something else.
* In my two most recent releases, Moon Crazy and Dangerous, both were written in this fashion, the same way every novel has since I started this writing adventure. Now that you know how precious I consider every minute, I hope you’ll check these stories out and share a sliver of my time.
A look into...


~ Blurb ~
* Jace and Tara—dysfunctional. Yeah, maybe a bit. They decided a long time ago they shouldn’t be married, but the sex isn't something they want to walk away from. Not when it is that good.
* Jace has more on his mind than a booty call when he shows up to his ex-wife’s dome. He needs a pilot to fly a racing ship he plans to repossess, and only the best pilot will do. There’s one issue with hiring Tara for the job. His ex-girlfriend Nia, has also signed on as navigator, and the two women can’t be in the same room, let alone the cramped cabin of a high-credit racing ship. And, well, he’s kind of still sleeping with them both. But they don’t know that.
* When they find out, the claws come out and hair flies. When the dust settles, something else happens. Yeah, two is company, but three can set the galaxy on fire when passions turn from homicide to more pleasurable activities.
A look into...


~ Blurb ~
* Eleven years from the day he left, Xan Davis returns to Los Lobos a changed Wolf. After promising his insane Alpha, Magnum, that no one will ever know who he really is, he is forced to endure unspeakable torture in distant lands. The Black Hills call to his tormented soul, so he goes, hoping the familiar forests will soothe his suffering inner beast.
* Liv Dunn, born a coyote but living as human, constantly looks over her shoulder. Less than a year before, a former patient attacked her, leaving her emotionally devastated. Hoping for a fresh start and the chance to find the coyote who’s remained elusive since childhood, she travels to the Black Hills.
* Suffering from PTSD and no longer able to shift, Xan loses it in Gee’s Bar, Drew intervenes, forcing him into therapy with a human doctor living near Los Lobos. But just when their professional relationship blooms into more, Xan’s past arrives on his doorstep. This time, his enemy has set their sights on his mate, knowing he will do anything to protect her.
Buy...
Dangerous at All Romance eBooks | Moon Crazy at All Romance eBooks | Dangerous at Amazon | Moon Crazy at Amazon | Dangerous at Barnes & Noble | Moon Crazy at Barnes & Noble
Find D. L. Jackson here...
Backward Momentum Blog | Twitter | Website
Thank you for joining us here today, D. L. Jackson! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.

No comments: