What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Phil Fragasso sold his first article at the age of 16. Since then he has written and published a wide variety of books, articles and essays. After many years as a corporate marketer, he left to pursue endeavors that were more fulfilling personally and more contributory on a societal level. Today he focuses his time on writing and teaching.
* I thought Nina was going to pee her pants from excitement. “We have to get bikes,” she announced. “It’ll be fun.”
* “You sure you don’t want to just walk around for a while and then take a taxi to Edgartown?”
* Nina took a short skip-step and then whirled around so she was standing directly in front of me. She was wearing a pink New England Patriots hat and I watched the brim tip back and forth as she silently counted, using her fingers as a digital abacus making calculations that only she could understand. “Reason Number forty-seven why we can’t get married. We’ve never ridden bikes together.”
* “You’re really reaching now,” I said. “We’ve also never snow-shoed or ridden a camel together.”
* “You’re right. So maybe those should be Reasons Number forty-eight and forty-nine.”
* “You’ve lost your mind.”
* “I thinkest my lord doth protest too much. Perhaps Lord Adam doth not knowest how to rideth de byzzicle.”
* Only Nina could get away with morphing Olde English into cartoon French and not sound like a freak. Perhaps that was Reason Number eighty-seven thousand that I loved her.
* We rented a two-seater. It was my idea.
* “Here’s my concern,” I explained with the solemnity of an attorney arguing a case before the Supreme Court. “I have agreed to go bike riding with you in order to satisfy Reason Number forty-seven. However, based upon the randomness and ever-expanding nature of these capricious reasons-why-Nina-cannot-marry-Adam, I suspect the fact that we have never ridden a bicycle built for two could very well make an appearance on that list sometime down the road. Thus, we can kill two reasons with one credit card swipe.”
* Nina nodded. “Nicely done. You are way smarter than you look.”
ANNOUNCEMENT! Phil Fragasso will be awarding a $25 Amazon or B/N GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour! So be sure to leave a comment AND use the Rafflecopter below. Also, visit the other tour stops for a greater chance of winning!
a Rafflecopter giveaway