What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Ronald Chapman is owner of an international speaking and consulting company, Magnetic North LLC. In addition to international accreditation as a speaker and national awards for radio commentary, he is the author of two novels, My Name is Wonder (Terra Nova Publishing, 2016) and A Killer's Grace (Terra Nova Publishing, 2016 and 2012), two works of non-fiction, Seeing True: Ninety Contemplations in Ninety Days (Ozark Mountain Publishing, 2008) and What a Wonderful World: Seeing Through New Eyes (Page Free Publishing, 2004) and the producer of three audio sets, Seeing True: The Way of Spirit (Ozark Mountain Publishing, 2016, 2005), Breathing, Releasing and Breaking Through: Practices for Seeing True (Ozark Mountain Publishing, 2015), and Seeing True – The Way of Success in Leadership (Magnetic North Audio, 2005). Ron provides a wide array of social media content at www.SeeingTrue.com, content for people in substance abuse recovery at www.ProgressiveRecovery.org, and other content from his master site, www.RonaldChapman.com. He holds a Masters in Social Welfare from The University at Albany (New York.) Prior to his relocation to Atlanta, Georgia in 2008, he was a long-time resident of Albuquerque, New Mexico.
* Somehow he drove his car to downtown Evansville, but rather than heading for his hotel room he found another bar. After that, his memory was spotty.
* The nightmare filled in troubling details. Lurid wallpaper in a seedy, riverfront hotel formed the backdrop. His right hand clenched an ugly little man by the throat. Pitcairn’s whitened knuckles stood out in vivid contrast to the man’s face with its bulging blue eyes and torrid complexion. Bluish tinges of asphyxiation gave way to dark violet as bubbles frothed on the man’s lips. In the periphery of Pitcairn’s vision the man’s arms and legs flailed. A terrible focused fury held him against the wall until the struggling ceased. The little man’s eyes dimmed. He dropped with a dull, lifeless thud when Pitcairn eased his grip.
* Pitcairn awoke at dawn, slouched sideways in the seat of his car. The dirt parking area lay atop a wooded bluff above the banks of the Ohio River. At first he had no recollection of the night, but when the image of the man he strangled came to him through the drug and alcohol induced fog, he bolted for Indianapolis.
* An otherworldly vision came to him then. Oren looked down upon him. There was a twinkle in the old goat’s yellow eyes as he spoke without the movement of his mouth. “My dear Wonder, this is most certainly an interesting detour. Remember, there is no path that is not in the Light. The secret is in what you do with the path that finds you.”
* The vision slipped away as Wonder again lost consciousness.
* The next thing he knew, the darkness had grayed into morning and his head felt like a hollowed-out gourd. As he rolled up, he found he was able to stand, albeit awkwardly. Staggering around like a newborn kid, he surveyed his surroundings. He was in an old, barnlike structure, filled with bales of hay and an odd collection of creatures large and small including a dozen or more goats.
* From the rafters, he heard a familiar croak. “Wonder wondering?”
* He looked up to find Mac Craack peering down at him. The bird was a welcome sight in this strange place.
* “Where am I?” he asked, his voice slurred so that the words all ran together. Wonder shook his head to clear it, and as he did so, he discovered that something metal had been clipped into his right ear. He turned in a tight half circle, trying to see what the jangling thing was.
* “Calm, calmer, calmest,” croaked Mac Craack.
* “…a book for the ages, with profound truths simply stated. First there was Jonathan Livingston Seagull and then Yoda—Now there is Wonder…” - Beverly Molander, Minister and Radio Host of Activating the Power of Yes
* “…an exploration of human nature and into the allegorical realm that shows us how to be wise teachers and guides…” - Paula Renaye, Author of Living the Life You Love
* “Clarity is an aspect of love, it is seeing clearly. Ron Chapman sees with those eyes. He pays attention as few do to the miracles around us.” - Stephen Levine, Author and Teacher
ANNOUNCEMENT! Ronald Chapman will be awarding a $10 Amazon or B/N GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour! So be sure to leave a comment AND use the Rafflecopter below. Also, visit the other tour stops for a greater chance of winning!
a Rafflecopter giveaway