What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Lina Sage is a writer, speaker, producer and entrepreneur. She is the creator and founder of Chic Spirituality; a movement whose philosophy is to live your life with heightened awareness by surrounding yourself with things you deem beautiful. Lina believes balance of mind, body and soul, is the key to unlocking all things beautiful. Therefore, she enjoys physical activity to maintain a strong body and meditation to calm the mind. But she especially cherishes time spent with her beloved husband and dog because they are what brings her soul the greatest joy. Lina also likes to surround herself with great food and exotic travels around the world.
Today Lina Sage will be talking about the first book she read that had a big impact on her.
* The first book I read that had a big impact on me was Eckhart Tolle’s book, The Power of Now. I was coming out of a bad break-up and was completely heartbroken. Not only was I heartbroken but I was also lost in my life and I had a lot of questions for myself like why do I always fall for the wrong guy? Why do I always sabotage all the good things in my life? Why do I hate myself so much?
* I was at a point in my life where I needed to self-reflect and find answers to questions that could only be answered by the internal. I was tired of all the noise of the external world. I’m a true believer that books find you, you don’t find them. I asked for spiritual guidance and somehow life made me stumble across The Power of Now. Prior to reading the book, I had no idea who Eckhart Tolle was. I read the book cover to cover twice because I couldn’t fully grasp his concepts the first time around. After I read it the second time, I slowly started to understand the books message, that there is no past or future but only the present.
* It seems easy enough to understand. But to apply to your own life is a different story. I was prime example of one of those people who perpetually lived in the past or the future. My emotions were stuck in the past even though life was moving along. Because my emotions were stuck in the past, I was a self-loathing miserable person. Being so miserable, I would always look into the future for salvation believing that the future would be so much better than the now. The Power of Now was the beginning of my awakening of sorts because that’s when I woke up and started to see. My friend Ade once told me, “Once you see you can’t unsee.” After I read The Power of Now, I was able to see.
* Luckily, Canada accepted us as refugees and we were excited for a new beginning. However, any hopes of a brighter future vanished before an abusive alcoholic father who’s repeated physical violence against my mom left me screaming for any stability. Sexual, physical and emotional abuse clouded my childhood years leaving me so damaged that it changed who I was meant to grow up to be.
* In my early twenties, I bought a house and converted it into a full blown marijuana grow op.
* Soon after, I entered into the world of elite call girls and became one of the most sought after girls in my agency. By my late twenties, I was on top of the world and the proud owner of a multi-million-dollar luxury day spa.
* Just when I thought I had it all, I made the ultimate mistake that ended in me losing everything and hitting rock bottom.
* I was spiritually broken and in desperate need of healing. I had no choice but to reconcile with my past. This decision brought me down a miraculous journey that opened me up to consciousness and enabled me to exist in the space I do today; that of uninhibited peace.
* The Last 10 Pounds: One Woman’s Journey to Love (by shedding Fear, Anger, Hatred…and Everything In-Between) [Available October 8, 2016. Pre-order your copy now via the link below) is my personal journey and a testament that it is possible to heal and transform. To be the person you were born to be.
* You’ll be fine. It’s just a job. The oldest job in the world.
* I walked up to the unassuming two story grey building that was located on a busy street. I had driven by this building plenty of times and had no idea what businesses it housed. There were no exterior signs nor were there numbers assigned to any of the offices. The only instructions I had was to walk up to the second floor and once at the top of the stairs to turn right and the office was the door to the right. I inhaled a deep breath and knocked gently on the door.
ANNOUNCEMENT! Lina Sage will be awarding a $20 azon or B/N GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour! So be sure to leave a comment AND use the Rafflecopter below. Also, visit the other tour stops for a greater chance of winning!
a Rafflecopter giveaway