Attention!

Thanks for visiting!
* When you see the * in my posts that just indicates a new line/paragraph. :)
* To see a lot of fun information, scroll through the side bars and to the bottom of the blog.

09 April 2015

A Look At Ares from 'Bleeding Love' @BethDCarter @evernightpub #erotic #futuristic

Today we have Ares visiting from the story Bleeding Love. Welcome!

Ares, what would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* I was a cop. Damn good one, too. Had a great family. Great life. Until the Overlords showed up. One day, everything I had was gone. I almost lost my life to them but when I opened my eyes in the hospital, and realized I was still alive, I made it my vow to destroy the assholes who stole everything from me. So I tracked them and finally found them in a place called Paradise. Now that I’m this close I will have my reckoning.

Are you happy with the way people perceive you?
* Honestly, I don’t give a shit how I’m perceived. My mother and sister were raped and murdered. That changes a man on a fundamental level and their ghosts demand justice. If I have to bash in a few heads then so be it. You can either applaud me for making a difference or you can condemn me, but at least people will be safer once the cancerous Overlords are destroyed.

Is expressing love difficult for you? Why?
* Love. My brother and sister were married to some wonderful people. But love made them weak and now they’re just a memory. I can’t let that happen to me. There’s nothing left but my drive for vengeance and I can’t be distracted by love. Faith is…a complication I wasn’t expecting.

Does your author ever try to take over the story? And how do you deal with it?
* She tried. She thought it might be a good idea to make me a leader of this biker clan hunting the Overlords but I was like Hell no! I’m not a leader type. I may be the type of man who gets the job done, but I hunt alone.

If you were taken out of the story and placed into your author’s world, what would be the first thing you’d do?
* I don’t know…be confused? My world is tough. Unforgiving. It’s killed or be killed. Suburbia and white picket fences are forgotten concepts, so I wouldn’t know what to do without a blaster in my hand.

If you could pull your author into your world, what do you think would happen to them?
* I think she’s a pretty strong woman. I don’t think she’d have much trouble adapting, but she’d have to learn how to fight, and sometimes fight dirty.

What was the best sexual experience you’ve had?
* This may sound clichéd as hell, but sinking into Faith’s tight little body was euphoric. I lost control and I’ve never done that before.

What was the least interesting thing that has ever happened to you? (In bed or out.)
* My life before the Overlords was ordinary. I lived near my parents and siblings, so there was always dinner over some family member’s house. It wasn’t very interesting, but looking back now, it was some of the best times of my life.

What’s your take on Faith?
* Naïve. Idealistic. She grew up in a convent, so she has no idea the sadistic things men can do to innocents like her. She infuriates me with her religious nonsense. Still…she’s far stronger than I ever gave her credit for, and for that, I respect her.

If you were to spend a day with a reader, what would you two do together?
* Go to the gun range. Seriously, World War Three is coming and y’all need to learn to survive. I’ll teach any reader how to aim, fire, and clean a blaster.

Where do you see yourself in the future? What do you hope to accomplish?
* I see myself in a world free of the Overlords. If it’s the last thing I do, I will punish those responsible for the deaths of my family. And…I see Faith by my side. Somehow, she’s wheedled herself under my skin. Other than that, not sure where we’ll end up. If I survive, that is.

If you could time travel and/or live anywhere in the world, where would you go and/or where would that be?
* It would be wherever Faith was. I can’t live in a world without her.

Now for some author information!
* My author is Beth D. Carter. This is what Beth has to say...
* I like writing about the very ordinary girl thrust into extraordinary circumstances, so my heroines will probably never be lawyers, doctors or corporate highrollers. I try to write characters who aren't cookie cutters and push myself to write complicated situations that I have no idea how to resolve, forcing me to think outside the box. I love writing characters who are real, complex and full of flaws, heroes and heroines who find redemption through love.
* I’ve been pretty fortunate in life to experience some amazing things. I’ve lived in France, travelled throughout Europe, Australia and New Zealand. I am a mom to an amazing little boy. I’ve walked a red carpet event and visited the USS Voyager. I hate washing dishes but I love cooking. I hate washing clothes but I love wearing them. Writing my bio is difficult because I never know what to say so I hope you like this one. My favorite color is red but I look best in black (it’s slimming). I hate people who don't pick up their dog's crap in public places, people who don’t use turn signals, and I really hate people who are rude and condescending. I especially hate discrimination in all and every form. And although I love holding a book in my hand, I absolutely adore my ereader, whom I’ve named Ruby. I love to hear from readers so I’ve made it really easy to find me on the web.

You can find my author, Beth D. Carter, here...
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Tsu | Blog | Amazon author page

Now for some book information!
A look into the story

~ Blurb ~
* In the year 2112 and civilization is in ruins. The world has fallen from war. People live in designated cities.
* Ares has one mission: to destroy the Overlords, the men who killed his family. To accomplish this, he is ruthless. Unforgiving.
* Faith has grown up in a convent. She's heard what the world is like, but now she'll experience it first hand. Saved by Ares, he will demand her utter submission as payment.
~ Excerpt ~
* At the top of the landing, he halted and turned to face her. Faith’s heart once again pounded at the heat in his dark gaze. He traveled his hands around to her behind, gripping her cheeks until he picked her up. “Wrap those pretty legs around my waist.”
* She did as he asked, although she didn’t know why she was so compliant with his demands. He walked with her through the hallway to their room. She didn’t even notice the décor as she stared into his eyes, which were no longer cold and unfeeling. Instead, he looked at her with a sharp hunger. A call deep inside her body answered, rocking her soul. What was happening to her?
* They entered a bedroom and he kicked the door shut behind him. He sat down on the edge of the bed with her still wrapped around him. Ares curled his hand into her hair and pulled her head back so he could lick up her neck.
* “For the next five days, this is our room,” he said in a deep voice. “I don’t want you to leave here. You bathe, and you make yourself pretty for me, and when I come back after my business, you and I will finish this little dance. You understand me, Faith?”
* Dazed, she nodded.
* He claimed her mouth again, once again making all her thoughts disappear. All she could do was hold on to the rush as he plundered her mouth with his tongue. Tingles sparked through her. She was so close to something monumental, but before she could even begin to explore it, he pulled back. Gently he stood back up, holding her like she weighed nothing, and laid her down on the mattress. He smoothed out her hair until it fanned around her head.
* “You’re mine, Faith,” he said thickly. “I’m your protector now, which means my cock is the only cock you’ll know. Any other man touches you, and I’ll kill him. If someone tries to help you escape, I’ll string him up by his balls. I may be a bastard, but I won’t hurt you unless you try to leave, touch another man, or put yourself in danger. Then I’ll spank that gorgeous ass of yours until you can’t sit for a week. Do you understand?”
* Mutely, she nodded.

Buy Bleeding Love here...
Evernight Publishing | All Romance eBooks | Amazon | BookStrand | Barnes & Noble

Thank you for joining us here today, Ares! It was a pleasure getting to know about you, the story you're in, and your author.

No comments: