Attention!

Thanks for visiting!
* When you see the * in my posts that just indicates a new line/paragraph. :)
* To see a lot of fun information, scroll through the side bars and to the bottom of the blog.

11 May 2012

Welcome Special Guest: author RM Sotera ( @rmsotera #FF @sirenbookstrand )

Today we have author RM Sotera visiting. RM is a romance vixen stuck in the body of a prim and proper woman. A transplant to Las Vegas, by day she is a wife, mom, taxi driver, counselor, and psychologist to her wild and, at times, crazy friends. But when the family goes to bed and the house is dark, she seeks refuge in her office where her deepest and sometimes darkest desires take hold. And…ultimately a story is born. She’s here today talking about her life as an author and her recent release, Cassadaga Moon, the first book in her Stiletto Sanction series of books, and her upcoming release, the second book in the series, Vegas Moon.

So, RM, what inspired you to become a writer?
My imagination needed a place to come alive, thus on the pages of a book I can make this happen. I’ve always kept diaries and journals, so for me writing has always been a part of my life.

When did you attempt your first story? What length was it? What's become of it?
My first book was over 100,000 words, and I attempted and finished it while attending graduate classes. I needed something else to concentrate on besides academic journals and books, and I had a story that was itching to be told. The book had been revised and edited several times, and sent to several agents. The manuscript had over 60 rejection letters to its name (and I’m damned proud of them!) before it became Cassadaga Moon and was picked up by Siren.

How many stories did you complete before you sold your first?
Many.

What genre(s) do you write in? What drew you to write in it/them? What’s your favorite genre of all to write in?
I write paranormal romance with erotic elements. I also have a humorous streak to my work. I’ve written contemporary, however, I’ve found that manuscript extremely hard to sell. I’ve always loved vampires, witches, and things that go bump in the night, which is why paranormal romance is my favorite. It totally suits me. I am working on a young adult that I hope to finish by the end of the summer. My favorite genre is paranormal, hands down.

What are the best and worst pieces of writing advice you ever received?
Let’s see…the best advice I received was to never give up on the dream if it’s what you really want to do, and to grow a thick skin. Also, to make time everyday to write, even if only for a short amount of time. And, don’t quit my day job hastily, wait to see what transpires. The worst piece of advice… I’m still waiting for the worst advice. To be honest, I hope it never comes.

How do you celebrate/deal with acceptance/rejection letters?
I’ve become quite the connoisseur with rejection letters. I can honestly say that at first, they devastated me. However, I started to get pissed after the 10th letter and decided that for every rejection I received I would send out 3 more query letters. Yeah…I’ve grown some thick skin and I keep moving forward. How did I celebrate when my first book, Dirty Deed was published by eXtasy? I jumped up and down in the privacy of my office, then had lunch with two of my favorite people. Seeing my words and name in print has been a dream come true. And I can honestly say…it keeps getting better. I love being optimistic, so I believe the best is yet to come! Every night before I go to bed, I hum the words to Don’t Stop Believing by Journey; it’s this writer’s lullaby. :)

The book you’re promoting, is it a stand-alone story or part of a series? If it’s part of a series, please list the order the books need to be read in for maximum reading enjoyment.
There are four stories planned for the Stiletto Sanction series so far. Cassadaga Moon is the first and already available. Vegas Moon is the second and is set for release in July 2012. The other two will follow the characters to New Orleans and back.
Cassadaga Moon ~ A Siren Erotic Romance ~ Blurb...
   In the quaint town of Cassadaga, Florida, life isn’t quite what it seems. For the strictly raised Catholic Mia Christini, life is nothing like it seems. There are only three things Mia is sure of—her best friend Cindi might just be crazy, her boss is losing control, and morals are overrated.
   Weary of existing by a moral compass, she is ready and waiting for a one-night stand. She’s twentysomething, and it’s about time. When Jordan De L’croix sets his sights on her, she finds out that her integrity isn’t the only thing she needs to worry about, especially from a man who gets, or takes, what he wants with ease.
   And what he craves isn’t just her virginity. He craves her blood, redemption, and true love.

Contemporary Erotic Romance ~ Note: Hero and heroine involved in acts of vampirism.

~ A sneak peek into Vegas Moon ~
   Under a Vegas Moon, two people realize that they can find forever in the arms of the other.
   Psychic vampire, Cindi Vera Cruz, has no intention of falling in love with sanguine vampire, Tristan Dane. She makes that fact perfectly clear to Tristan every chance she gets. He’s nineteen years old, ten years her junior, and as she sees it, definitely not in her cards as a forever type of man, but he is a hell of a lover. But when Tristan decides he’s tired of her games, and demands she admit her feelings for him, all hell breaks loose. Cindi flat-out refuses.
   Situations heat up more when Tristan walks into the yearly Stiletto Sanction coven party only to find Cindi feeding on his energy without his consent. His shock turns into anger. And then anger turns into a game of the battle of the wills. Tristan calls her bluff by raising the stakes in the blood play room. She has always been a willing participant in bleeding for him in the name of pleasure, but will she bleed to feed his need for pranic energy?
   As Tristan and Cindi vie for control of their relationship, long-time friends, Mia and Jordan are plunged into another stalking scenario. Cindi’s protectiveness of Mia causes a reprieve in their battle and sends her and Tristan to New Orleans where they meet up with coven Elder Jamison Rierson and his girlfriend, Victoria. Mia’s stalking makes Cindi come to grips with the plain truth that she loves Tristan and wants to be with him regardless of her fears, her need to control and his age
   Stay tuned to http://sirenpublishing.com/ for more info.


*** Now for some fun info… ***
What’s your favorite color?
My favorite colors are red, black and grey. I like black the best even though it’s not considered a color.

What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
Say what? Forget the ice cream I’ll take the jar of cherries instead. And I’d like to place them all over… :)

Are you a morning person or night owl?
I am a morning person. And sometimes a night owl. I’m up by 5 am daily, and I can usually be found at my computer typing away at some story. I do my best writing in the early, early hours of the day. My muse, Styxx, loves to wake me at 2 AM.

***Find RM here***
Website
Facebook
Twitter
Amazon Author Page
Siren Bookstrand Author Page

Thank you for joining us here today, RM! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your work.

No comments: