What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
Full time nurse, amateur cake baker, writer, and zombie obsessed, Kathleen draws a lot from the real-life medical drama she experiences as a RN for her novels. Writing romance is a creative outlet where she can effectively deal with the daily stress and sorrow, adding levity and humor to situations that provide a happily ever after when there isn't one.
What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
The Doctor’s Deception is a standalone book. I’ve had a request from a reader to write Chad and Jolene’s story. They are two nurses in this book and I’ve been thinking about doing a short story about what happens to them from where The Doctor’s Deception leaves off.
How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
Well…working as a cardiovascular intensive care nurse is extremely challenging because of the dynamics of the heart surgeons. I originally wrote this story back in 2007. Frustrated after a difficult shift, I decided to roll up all the heart surgeons that I’d worked with over the years that had complex personalities and wrap them up in a nice hot package (Dr. Stone Lassiter) and make him redeemable by the end of my story.
Describe the hero in five words.
Stubborn. Single-minded. Workaholic. Compassionate. Sexy.
Describe the heroine in five words.
Smart. Chocoholic. Spirited. Complicated. Caring.
Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
I’d have to say nurse Faith Daniels, my heroine because she cracks me up. Her obsession with chocolate is way worse than mine! LOL
What's your favorite line in the story?
Just don’t stare at me with eyes of the purest Godiva. There’s only so much a chocolate-worshiping woman like myself can take.
A look into the story
* She lifted her head and glanced at her clock. 7:00a.m. Groaning, she pulled the covers over her head and rolled onto her stomach, trying to recapture her fantasy. Maybe whoever it was would go away if she ignored them.
* Ding-dong… Ding-dong… Ding-dong…
* “Oh, give it a rest already!” she yelled, climbing out of bed. The cool morning air hit her bare legs and arms, and she shivered.
* She reached the front door and yanked it open.
* Stone Lassiter stood on her step, hand in air, ready to pound the unrelenting wood again.
* Staring, her fogged brain tried to wake up. Hadn’t he just been in her room?
* No, that wasn’t real you nit-wit!
* “You! What’s the big idea? Do you realize how early it is? It’s my day off!”
* Not to mention, I was in the middle of the best dream of my life.
Find Kathleen here...
Keeping A Pulse On Life & Romance Blog
Amazon Author Page
Evernight Author Page
Thank you for joining us here today, Kathleen! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.