Attention!

Thanks for visiting!
* When you see the * in my posts that just indicates a new line/paragraph. :)
* To see a lot of fun information, scroll through the side bars and to the bottom of the blog.

21 December 2012

Z0mbie/Mayan Ap0calypse Bl0g H0p Bl0w Out ~ P0st 1

Well, it’s 12/21/2012. Are we still here? Yes? Lovely.
* To start off the Z0mbie/Mayan Ap0calypse Bl0g H0p Bl0w Out I’m going to share part of a post I did back in the summer of 2009…
Let me say that I’m a bit of an astronomy, astrology, Mayan calendar enthusiast. Shows, articles, books regarding those subjects will catch my eye and interest. So when this commercial came on touting a group that’s been set up for human survival when the events of 2012 hit, I perked up. It claimed that science has evidence to back up the mythology of what’s to occur in 2012 when the planets align and that there’s a group that will hold a lottery to ensure everyone has an equal chance at surviving the cataclysms. I’m intrigued. Science can back up the stories? Cool! There’s a group called the Institute for Human Continuity setting up safe havens? That’s good to know, not just because it will help out humanity, but lets me know that a story line I’m working on now seems plausible if something like this is already being done. Ooh, and there’s a website. (http://www.instituteforhumancontinuity.org/) Research material!
* Then I noticed the fine print.
* “This film is not yet rated.”
* Damn. Hollywood got me on that one.
* Yep, it’s all subliminal advertising for a movie that’s coming out. (http://www.whowillsurvive2012.com/) & (http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1441959/institute_for_human_continuity_ihc.html?cat=3)
* But that’s alright. The website still provided fodder for my imagination. And, yes, Hollywood achieved its goal of piquing my interest for the movie.
* Bah, Baaaaa, bah…
I can be a good little sheep on occasion. I did eventually see the movie ~ ‘2012’ ~ but my take on it is for a discussion on another day.
* There’s a grand prize being given away for this hop. Please visit Ashlynn Monroe’s Website for details and for other hop stops on which you’ll have to comment to be entered for the grand prize drawing.
* I’m giving away a prize for a lucky reader who participates in this blog hop! To be entered in my drawing for a choice of two PDF books by either C.R. Moss or Casey Moss (or one from each), in the comment section below please answer the question I’m about to ask, leave your name and email address so if your name is drawn you can be contacted about your win and ‘Join This Site’ via Google Friend Connect ~ the button to do this is in the column to the right. Question: What was your favorite movie in 2012?
* Also, following C.R. & Casey at these links will earn you an additional entry each: C.R. Facebook Page; C.R. Twitter; Casey Facebook Page; Casey Twitter
* Don’t forget to return on the 26th and 31st to comment again for extra chances to win a couple of books!
* Looking for a fun Christmas read? Pick up a copy of Stockings and Suspenders & make sure to read my urban fantasy/paranormal story called Chasing Miss Kringle that’s in it. For more information, visit Evernight Publishing. This story is the prequel to my 'LVH Underground' paranormal/urban fantasy series I'm writing. The first story in the series - Lovers and the Fiend - is due out in January through Evernight and is a part of the Naughty Fairy Tales line.
* Happy Hopping and Good Luck!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I've seen that movie! We will definitely have to talk! Love your writing. Your heros are to die for! Pardon the end of the world pun!

Eva's Flowers said...

Ha! You will not believe what movie I was just watching...ready for it 2012! Yes it was just on, how funny is that?? Anyway, what movie was my favorite, well, I didn't make to too many of them, but I really was looking forward to the last part of the Twilight series, went to the midnight showing and I loved it!

Liked both of your FB pages previously!

Eva
evitap67(at)gmail(dot)com