What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Tyler Robbins is the pen name of author Robin Badillo, who lives in a small Texas town and is the mother of four nearly grown kids, two boys and two girls.
* Tyler enjoys stepping out of her comfort zone and pushes the envelope on the stories she writes every chance she gets. She hopes her readers are just as thrilled as she is with the chances she’s taking.
* Always the optimist, Tyler is a firm believer that grey hair is merely God’s graffiti!
What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* I’m all about my latest M/M erotic story, “A Beautiful Lie” today. This story follows the romance between Texas boys, Jesse Reagan, and his best friend’s older brother, Trip Cantrell.
How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* This story came from an idea I had while driving my kids to school and listening to a song by the group, FUN., “Some Nights”.
* There’s a verse in the song that goes: ‘My heart is breaking for my sister and the con that she called "love"… When I look into my nephew's eyes … Man, you wouldn't believe the most amazing things that can come from … Some terrible nights …’
* In my head, I heard, ‘terrible lies’ rather than ‘terrible nights’, and originally thought to name the story as such, but as I played around with the title, I decided that my story differed just a bit.
Describe the hero in five words.
* Jesse Reagan: Family-guy, angry, survivor, brave, sincere
Describe the beta hero in five words.
* Trip Cantrell: “Golden Boy”, romantic, responsible, number-cruncher, trusting
Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* Jesse is my favorite character hands-down. He’s been through hell, and it might not be over yet. He longs for the freedom to be himself, but his fear of doing so in their small Texas town is rather profound, and not without merit. Through everything though, he’s been there for his sister and her son, Jeremy. He’s a real stand-up kind of guy. Just the way I like ‘em.
What's your favorite line in the story?
* One of my favorite lines in the story is something Jesse says to Trip:
* “Some truths are terrible, and should never be spoken aloud, but then, there are some truths that are so spectacular they take your breath away.”
A look into the story
* When Trip Cantrell returns to town, he’s blindsided the instant he’s reunited with his kid brother’s lifelong friend, Jesse. His inability to find happiness in the years he’s been gone, suddenly makes sense. Love’s been waiting at home all along.
* Life begins to look promising, except for the fact that neither have come out of the closet publicly, and that’s not even their biggest problem. Someone has a secret so shocking they may never find a way past it.
* Will they be accepted in their small Texas town, or will secrets, lies, and the threat of tragedy destroy everything?
* Some small towns just aren’t meant to hold big secrets.
* “Yeah. Had a lot of stuff to do.” Jesse reached down and picked up a red, plastic gas can.
* “Too busy for a goodbye?” Anxious knots twisted Trip’s insides. A first time for everything.
* “Look, man. Last night—” Jesse’s cheek puffed out as he exhaled. “Last night was crazy.”
* Trip nodded. “Yeah, more than I bargained for, that’s for sure.”
* Jesse swayed from one foot to the other. He’d yet to look Trip in the eye, which only added to the tension mounting between them.
* “So, how are you?” Sh*t. I sound like a girl.
* Jesse shrugged. “I’m cool.” His voice kicked up an octave, giving his reply an air of indifference.
* “Cool.” Trip folded his arms across his chest, suddenly feeling awkward as f*ck. “Well, I wanted to see if you’d be up for a ride out to the island later today.”
* Jesse squinted as the sun cascaded across his face. He covered his eyes with his hand. “I don’t know, man. I have a lot to do around here.” He sloshed the can of gas and started to walk past Trip.
* Trip raised his hand and gently touched Jesse’s chest. “I just want to talk.” He spoke barely above a whisper.
* The instant Jesse’s deep green gaze met Trip’s, a frenzied charge of electricity tingled across his skin.
* “Trip, if Eric finds out—” Jesse shook his head. “Why are you doing this?”
* “Why am I doing this? Jesse, something happened. Something I can’t explain.”
* Jesse drew in a deep breath. “I’ve got a lot going on right now. Having my best friend find out I f**ked his brother is the last thing I need to deal with.”
* Trip tugged at the hem of Jesse’s t-shirt. “I have as much to lose here as you, but if I don’t see you … and I mean alone, and face to face, it’s gonna drive me f**kin’ nuts.”
* Jesse scanned the area around them then gently nudged Trip’s hand away. “I can’t make any promises, but I’ll try.”
Buy A Beautiful Lie here...
All Romance eBooks
Find Tyler Robbins here...
Facebook Author Page
Thank you for joining us here today, Tyler! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.