Attention!

Thanks for visiting!
* When you see the * in my posts that just indicates a new line/paragraph. :)
* To see a lot of fun information, scroll through the side bars and to the bottom of the blog.

26 August 2013

A Look At Eden Risk from 'Shadow of Perception' ( @KristineMason7 @GoddessFish #suspense )

Today we have Eden Risk visiting from the story Shadow of Perception. Welcome!


Eden Risk, what would you like to tell readers about yourself? For instance, Where are you from? Do you have an interesting job? What brought you to the setting/point in the story where you come in? Etcetera...
* I was born and raised in Wissota Falls, Wisconsin, a small town smack dab in the middle of boring and dullsville. Don’t get me wrong. It’s a nice place to raise a family. But, I had big dreams and even bigger goals. Before I ended up stuck helping run the family diner, I left Wisconsin and headed for Chicago.
* I’ve never regretted making the move to Chicago. Within a few years, I landed a job with one of the local TV stations, paid my dues doing grunt work and reporting less than desirable stories. Eventually I made a name for myself, becoming one of the best-known investigative reporters in the city. I’ve been featured in local and national magazines, have won awards for my reporting skills, and recently I’ve been offered the opportunity of a lifetime—my own, nationally syndicated investigation show.
* But fame comes with a price. I’ve recently caught the attention of an unwelcomed fan. He’s not only put me in a dangerous position, but because of what he’s doing, I’m now forced to work with my ex-boyfriend…the most stubborn, pigheaded, arrogant and sexiest man I’ve had the unfortunate pleasure of knowing.

Are you happy with the way people perceive you?
* No. I know I come across as unfeeling and self-centered, but I’m not. There’s a lot people don’t realize about me, things that have happened in my past that have shaped me, made me guarded, made me need to keep everything in my control.

If you were taken out of the story and placed into your author’s world, what would be the first thing you’d do?
* I’d hire a babysitter and take her shopping. I’m all for yoga pants and comfy clothes, but this woman needs to update her wardrobe.

If you could pull your author into your world, what do you think would happen to them?
* I’m glad she’s married. Because given the chance, I guarantee she’d be all over Hudson. I also think she’d love to be involved in this investigation. Her stomach would probably turn if she took a look at some of the things we’ve seen, but the killer gave us one hell of a puzzle to solve and I know she enjoys puzzles.

What’s your take on Hudson Patterson?
* Hudson and I had an affair a couple of years ago. He’s one of those all or nothing guys. He doesn’t like to lose and will do anything to achieve his goals. While I admired those traits, not to mention his hard, chiseled body and what he could do with it, being with him scared me. I’d fallen hard and fast for him, but couldn’t let him know. I couldn’t trust my gut and risk the disappointment of another failed relationship. Now that he’s back in my life, working to stop this crazy, sadistic killer before he murders again, I’m having a hard time denying all of those emotions I’d refused to acknowledge when we’d been together. He makes it hard. Physically…I’m still attracted to him and can’t denying that I think he’s the sexiest guy I’ve ever been with. Emotionally…I don’t want to believe it, but he’s changed. Yeah, he’s still arrogant and still doesn’t like to lose, but I get the impression that he regrets our break up, that he wants us to try again. This time with trust and honesty. I do trust him. I might not always be open and honest about my past and feelings, but I trust him with my life. I’m just not so sure I trust him with my heart.

Now for some author information!
* My author is Kristine Mason.
* Kristine says, "I didn’t pick up my first romance novel until I was in my late twenties. Immediately hooked, I read a bazillion books before deciding to write one of my own. After the birth of my first son I needed something to keep my mind from turning to mush, and Sesame Street wasn’t cutting it. While that first book will never see the light of day, something good came from writing it. I realized my passion, and found a career I love. When I’m not writing contemporary romances and dark, romantic suspense novels (or reading them!) I’m chasing after my four kids and two neurotic dogs."

You can find my author, Kristine Mason, here...
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon | Goodreads

Now for some book information!
A look into the story

~ Blurb ~
Shadow of Perception (Book 2 CORE Shadow Trilogy)
What happens when negligent plastic surgeons get a taste of their own medicine…?
* Chicago investigative reporter, Eden Risk, receives an unmarked envelope containing a postcard ordering her to watch the enclosed DVD…or someone else dies. No police. After Eden watches the DVD, a gruesome, horrifying surgery, she turns to the private criminal investigation agency, CORE, for help. Only she hadn’t expected that help to come with a catch. Her former lover, Hudson Patterson, has been assigned to the case.
* Hudson would rather have another CORE agent handle the investigation. Two years ago, he’d screwed things up with Eden…bad. And as more DVDs arrive, Eden and Hudson find themselves not only knee-deep in a twisted investigation, but forced to deal with their past, and the love they’d tried to deny.

~ Excerpt ~
* “Hey, Eden,” Hudson Patterson said as he shrugged out of his leather coat and pierced her with his steely blue gaze. “I see you got yourself into another mess.”
* The room shrank and her sole focus remained on the one man who had stirred more emotions in her than all the other men before and after him combined. Two years ago, he’d lit a fire inside her, and within months, he’d smothered the flames with his arrogance and bullheaded attitude.
* Based on the condescending remark he’d just made, she doubted his opinion of her had changed. His appearance had, though. Harder, darker, more dangerous. His brown, wavy hair now reached his shoulders and he needed a shave. Even without the worn, black leather jacket, which now hung on the coat rack, he looked thuggish in a tattered charcoal gray thermal shirt, low-riding jeans and black Doc Marten boots. The whole badass biker look shouldn’t have appealed to her, but Hudson owned it and wore it well.
* She glanced at his mouth, then immediately regretted it. Lust slammed into her belly as wicked memories of what his firm lips had done to her surfaced. Those unwanted memories collided into a kaleidoscope of naked skin, harsh moans and multiple orgasms. Even now, she swore she could still feel his rough hands urging her hips, spreading her legs, gripping her bottom. Could imagine his mouth on hers, or better yet, between her thighs.
* Hudson smiled. A smug, satisfying smile that snapped her out of her sexual spell and reminded her exactly why breaking things off with him had been the right decision. Her body might not have thought so at the time, and those urges to have him in her bed right now might still be strong, but her head knew better. Hudson was an arrogant jerk who exuded less emotion than she did.

Buy Shadow of Perception here...
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | iTunes

Thank you for joining us here today, Eden Risk! It was a pleasure getting to know about you, the story you're in, and your author, Kristine Mason.

ANNOUNCEMENT! Kristine will be awarding $5 Amazon gift cards to six randomly drawn commenters during the tour as well as print books to ten other randomly drawn commenters during the tour. Five will be of Pick Me, a contemporary romance; and a gnome will come with the five copies of Shadow of Danger, book one of the suspense series. [US ONLY on the books]! So be sure to leave your name and email with your comment, visit the other tour stops (find them here: goddessfishpromotions-book-tour-shadow-of-perception) for a greater chance of winning!

4 comments:

Mary Preston said...

Such a fun interview thank you. (Nothing wrong with yoga pants.)

marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Unknown said...

Thanks for the great character interview. I really love learning what makes them tick

fencingromein at hotmail dot com

Unknown said...

Thank you for hosting today! I had fun doing this interview!

Emily said...

Loved the character interview, great getting to know you Eden!

tiger-chick-1(at)hotmail(dot)com