Attention!

Thanks for visiting!
* When you see the * in my posts that just indicates a new line/paragraph. :)
* To see a lot of fun information, scroll through the side bars and to the bottom of the blog.

28 August 2013

A Look At Matt Owens from 'Chasing Matt' ( @eileengriffin77 @NikkaMichaels @evernightpub #erom #LGBT )

Today we have Matt Owens visiting from the story Chasing Matt. Welcome!

Matt, what would you like to tell readers about yourself? For instance, Where are you from? Do you have an interesting job? What brought you to the setting/point in the story where you come in? Etcetera...
* Hi. Thanks for having me on your blog today. I’m Matt and I’m a Emergency Room Nurse Practitioner in the Chicago area. I like to have the attitude that if I can keep my patients smiling, both my job and their visit to the ER will be much smoother for everyone involved. The ER can get pretty tense at times, so I try to use humor as much as possible.
* This is Chase’s story, but damn am I lucky to be a part of it. I enter the story when Chase - unfortunately for him, but extremely fortunate for me - winds up in the ER on a Friday night. I think that even if I wasn’t the one assigned to his case, my fellow nurse and friend, Caroline, would have gotten me assigned to him. All I have to say is thank goodness I pulled a double that night.

Is humor important? Why or why not?
* Humor is a huge part of my life and my job, making someone feel like a stressful situation where they might be in pain is manageable. As a nurse I deal with a lot of hurt, upset people and making them smile can make their trip to the ER go more smoothly.

What was the best sexual experience you’ve had?
* When Chase threw his glasses across the room? I thought I was going to lose it right there. I have never seen anything hotter in my entire life. I plan on trying to find out if I can get him to do that again, and again…

What’s your take on Mr. Hodges?
* Mr. Hodges is awesome but has an unnatural fondness for Brussels Sprouts that neither Chase nor I can figure out. In all seriousness, he’s a great neighbor for Chase and has always been supportive of him and being out. Some people aren’t, but Mr. Hodges has never judged us for being gay. He still asks for help on his home repair projects, but Chase bought him a new step-ladder, so it’s all good.

Where do you see yourself in the future? What do you hope to accomplish?
* I would really love to go into physical therapy in addition to my work in the ER. Chase is incredibly active and is involved with several Rec Sports leagues. He’s gotten injured a lot lately (lowers my voice and whispers - Don’t tell him I said this, but he kind of gets into a lot of accidents.) and I’d love to be trained to help not only him, but others with similar sport-related injuries.

Now for some author information!
* My author is Nikka Michaels. Nikka lives in the often rainy Pacific Northwest where she spends her time cooking, laughing and crafting romantic tales to satisfy her craving for HEAs.

You can find my author, Nikka Michaels, here...
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon Author Page | Goodreads

Now for some book information!
A look into the story

~ Blurb ~
* Chase Williams is a gorgeous but painfully shy web designer whose long term boyfriend dumped him for being such a “nice” guy. His friends encourage him to get out of his nerd cave of a home office but Chase isn’t ready for change. Instead of meeting his buddies at the local bar he heads to his elderly neighbor’s apartment to lend a hand with a DIY project. When a wobbly step ladder leads to a banged up wrist and a trip to the ER Chase is convinced it’s the worst night ever. Then he meets his handsome nurse.
* Matt Owens is the boy next door who loves working at a nurse practitioner in the busy ER. Except for nights like this when half his patients have the flu. He’s more than ready to clock out from his double shift until he meets the sexy patient in Bed 4. Matt’s bedside manner is charming enough to make Chase consider throwing caution to the wind and going after what he wants for a change. But will Matt’s attraction to Chase be enough to make him to break his rule about never dating patients?
Be warned: m/m sex
~ Excerpt ~
* “Good evening, Mr. Williams. I’m Matt Owens, your nurse practitioner for the evening. What brings you into our beautiful ER this evening? Our sludge-like coffee? The horrible fluorescent lighting? Maybe our attractive scrubs?”
* “I’m sure the coffee is delicious, but to be honest? I’m exhausted, my wrist hurts like a son-of-a-bitch.”
* Nurse Owens must have been trained to deal with surly patients like myself, because he just chuckled as he looked at me with a smile that lit up his entire face.
* “No worries. I can tell you’re in some serious pain here. And trust me, I’ve heard worse. Let’s get you looked at so we can patch you up and send you home. Sound good?”
* I took another deep breath in and tried to focus on Nurse Owens as he began his medical spiel.
* “Mr. Williams on a scale of one to ten, one being ‘nothing at all’ to ten being ‘please kill me now’ how would you describe your pain level?”
* I cracked a small smile despite the pain. Any other day I’d have laughed out loud at the hot nurse’s pain level description, despite the throbbing pain in my wrist. Today all he got was a soft chuckle.
* “Look, my wrist is killing me, so I guess I’d have to say ‘Please kill me now, and make it as quickly as possible, please?’ I just want to know what’s wrong with it, so I can go home and pass out with some decent painkillers.”
* He looked over from the computer, his lips curving in a smirk. “Wow, that’s the nicest way I’ve ever heard anyone beg for me to put them out of their misery. You get the extra good drugs for that.”
* My eyebrow rose. “Really?”
* My hot nurse snorted before resuming his typing. “No.”

Buy Chasing Matt here...
Evernight Publishing | Amazon | All Romance eBooks | Bookstrand | Rainbow eBooks

Thank you for joining us here today, Matt Owens! It was a pleasure getting to know about you, the story you're in, and your author(s).

No comments: