Attention!

Thanks for visiting!
* When you see the * in my posts that just indicates a new line/paragraph. :)
* To see a lot of fun information, scroll through the side bars and to the bottom of the blog.

17 August 2013

Saucy Saturday ~ A Look At Naomi Clark & 'Silver Kiss' ( @naomi_jay @evernightpub #erom #shifters #LGBT )

Today we have author Naomi Clark visiting. Welcome!

What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Oh, such an open question! I guess we'll go with the basics – I'm a British urban fantasy and paranormal romance writer based in Cambridge. I live with my fiance (who is probably sick of werewolves!), my cat, and two snakes. When I'm not writing, I'm working as a PA and making a lot of perfume. When I'm not doing that, you can usually find me curled up somewhere with a good book and a cup of tea.

What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* I'm here today with Silver Kiss. It's the first full-length novel in my Urban Wolf series, but the first chronological story is Wolf Strap, a Free Read from Evernight Publishing. The Urban Wolf series tells the adventures of former outcast werewolf, Ayla and her girlfriend, Shannon, a human private investigator. If you love werewolves, mystery, a pinch of romance and a dash of danger, Urban Wolf is perfect for you!

How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* Silver Kiss was easy enough – I'd already written Wolf Strap and that short story left one or two loose plot threads for me to pick up. I've always had a passion for shape shifters and werewolf folklore, and wove that into both stories. You'll find plenty of references to werewolf myth and legend in Silver Kiss, and I've done my best to put my own, modern twist on the old tales.

Describe the heroine in five words.
* Ayla Hammond – fierce, passionate, brave, independent, impulsive

Describe the other heroine in five words.
* Shannon Ryan – caring, logical, clever, witty, grounded.

Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* Glory, my drag queen werewolf! She's so glamorous and fun, and she knows how to use a pair of high heels as a weapon. What more could you ask for in a friend?

What's your favorite line in the story?
* So, so hard to pick just one, but I'll go with this: A pair of amber eyes glowing like hot coals in the shadows ahead of us. The feral.
* (I know that's technically two lines, but I just love the tension!)

A look into the story
~ Blurb ~
Ayla Hammond has come home. After years as a lone wolf in a self-imposed exile she's rejoining the pack and trying to mend fences with her parents. She's convinced them to accept her girlfriend, but can a lone wolf change her ways? As if homecoming wasn't hard enough, Ayla also can't help getting involved in a missing person case. With pressure to solve the case mounting from the pack alphas, Ayla is starting to question where her loyalties lie - and if a return to the pack she left behind is really what she wants.
~ Excerpt ~
* There was something different about this wolf. He didn’t smell like Pack, but wildly foreign, an odor that both excited and scared me. I crouched low, ears flat, tail tucked between my legs as I watched. When he released his grip on the younger wolf with a snarl, the cub flopped to the snowy ground, exposing his belly with a whine. The dominant wolf nudged at his flanks, tail held erect in a classic posture of strength and the youngster scrambled back to his feet and shot off into the park with a yelp.
* For a second I thought the dominant wolf would chase after him, ignoring me. I stayed low, hoping to avoid notice, but the breeze was going the wrong way, carrying my scent straight to him. He swung his great head straight towards me, hackles high. I held my own submissive position, quivering with a cocktail of nerves and energy. He was a feral, there was no doubt about that. In all my years as a lone wolf, I’d never met a feral. They were almost mythical; werewolves who chose to live as wolves, cutting away their humanity in favor of the wilderness that lurked in us all.

Buy Silver Kiss here...
Evernight Publishing | Amazon | All Romance eBooks | Bookstrand

Find Naomi Clark here...
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Thank you for joining us here today, Naomi Clark! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.

No comments: