What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Oh, such an open question! I guess we'll go with the basics – I'm a British urban fantasy and paranormal romance writer based in Cambridge. I live with my fiance (who is probably sick of werewolves!), my cat, and two snakes. When I'm not writing, I'm working as a PA and making a lot of perfume. When I'm not doing that, you can usually find me curled up somewhere with a good book and a cup of tea.
What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* I'm here today with Silver Kiss. It's the first full-length novel in my Urban Wolf series, but the first chronological story is Wolf Strap, a Free Read from Evernight Publishing. The Urban Wolf series tells the adventures of former outcast werewolf, Ayla and her girlfriend, Shannon, a human private investigator. If you love werewolves, mystery, a pinch of romance and a dash of danger, Urban Wolf is perfect for you!
How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* Silver Kiss was easy enough – I'd already written Wolf Strap and that short story left one or two loose plot threads for me to pick up. I've always had a passion for shape shifters and werewolf folklore, and wove that into both stories. You'll find plenty of references to werewolf myth and legend in Silver Kiss, and I've done my best to put my own, modern twist on the old tales.
Describe the heroine in five words.
* Ayla Hammond – fierce, passionate, brave, independent, impulsive
Describe the other heroine in five words.
* Shannon Ryan – caring, logical, clever, witty, grounded.
Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* Glory, my drag queen werewolf! She's so glamorous and fun, and she knows how to use a pair of high heels as a weapon. What more could you ask for in a friend?
What's your favorite line in the story?
* So, so hard to pick just one, but I'll go with this: A pair of amber eyes glowing like hot coals in the shadows ahead of us. The feral.
* (I know that's technically two lines, but I just love the tension!)
A look into the story
* For a second I thought the dominant wolf would chase after him, ignoring me. I stayed low, hoping to avoid notice, but the breeze was going the wrong way, carrying my scent straight to him. He swung his great head straight towards me, hackles high. I held my own submissive position, quivering with a cocktail of nerves and energy. He was a feral, there was no doubt about that. In all my years as a lone wolf, I’d never met a feral. They were almost mythical; werewolves who chose to live as wolves, cutting away their humanity in favor of the wilderness that lurked in us all.
Buy Silver Kiss here...
Evernight Publishing | Amazon | All Romance eBooks | Bookstrand
Find Naomi Clark here...
Website | Facebook | Twitter
Thank you for joining us here today, Naomi Clark! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.