Attention!

Thanks for visiting!
* When you see the * in my posts that just indicates a new line/paragraph. :)
* To see a lot of fun information, scroll through the side bars and to the bottom of the blog.

18 December 2013

A Look At Ben Wright from 'Sin’s Haven' ( @cloveflores @evernightpub #contemporary #romance )

..Today we have Ben Wright visiting from the story Sin’s Haven (A Sin Pointe Novel, #3). Welcome!

..Ben Wright, what would you like to tell readers about yourself?
......Hey there, it’s me, Ben. Geez, that sounds really formal or else pretty lame. Sorry, not used to being the one getting asked the questions. Yeah, so I am from Southern Cali but not the chillaxed, beachside places you’re probably thinking of. Barstow’s not rockin’ anybody’s socks, at least not that I know of. I haven’t spent much time there since I became the glorified errand boy for the band Sin Pointe, I mean their webmaster. It’s a pretty cool job and the band have pretty much adopted me. The guys just moved from Cali to Nashville, TN so I’ve been uber busy getting studio stuff set up. Oh, so my birthday night fiasco…let’s just say I spent six years chasing after the wrong girl and it blew up in my face…that’s pretty much why Carlene wrote my story. It was jacked up what happened but I wouldn’t change a thing since I ended up with a sweet deal in the end.

..Are you happy with the way people perceive you?
......It’s funny you ask that right off the bat because most peeps I meet for the first time assume I’m into dudes, which I have no problem with, except for I’m totally not. But whatevs. I like what I like and I’m not gonna worry about changing my style or the way I do my hair. Being around the guys in the band for as long as I have, you kind of learn to shut a lot of the outside noise off and focus on your real friends who could give a crap if you’re into bracelets and Kenzo.

..Is humor important? Why or why not?
......Oh yeah, I make jokes all the time. Are you kidding me? I’m this tall, lanky computer nerd dude and I’m living with these guys who are so freaking smooth, they make girls cry just by breathing the same air. If it weren’t for humor, I’d be all kinds of disturbed.

..Does your author ever try to take over the story? And how do you deal with it?
......Oh dude, this is too funny. But yeah, that actually almost happened. I remember Carlene working on the story one day and she came to me with, “Benny sweetie, no one’s gonna believe you chased Erby around for six years and never hooked up.” She kept winking at me like I was lying about that part and I could be honest with her. I think she even hinted we should flip it and make me this dude who was hooking up all the time but just never connecting with the girl, like with my emotions. Luckily she took one more look at me and was like, “Nope, that’s just not you.” Look, the deal is that I work these insane hours for the band, we’re on the road a lot, and while I could have hooked up a ton, I just wasn’t into that. I have a reason and it’s in the book, but I don’t really wanna get into it here. Sorry. But then I found The One and Carlene was like, “Slow down, you guys can’t just wham, bam, thank you ma’am so fast.” Would it be weird if I put a smiley face here? :) Pow, there we go.

..What was the best sexual experience you’ve had?
......Carlene is eyeballing me not to give too much away but I think I have permission to say that camping is something I look forward to every year now. :) Bam, another smiley face. Wait, that’s supposed to be a winky face. ;)

..What’s your take on Erby?
......So here’s the deal. I guess people get pretty pissed when they read what happened on my birthday night. So Erby’s got a lot of haters. But I’m like, if it wasn’t for what she did...let’s just say I think about sending her “Thank You” flowers some days. The way I see it, no harm no foul. Trista and Lily on the other hand (two of my closest friends) don’t see it that way. I think they’d like to send something her way, but it’s not flowers.

..Where do you see yourself in the future? What do you hope to accomplish?
......I’ve got a pretty sweet deal as far as my job goes but I’m not ashamed to admit I totally want to be a daddy someday soon. I’m 31 so I’m pretty much ready. As soon as I get the green light, I’m going into baby making mode big time.

..Now for some author information!
......My author is Carlene Love Flores. Carlene Love Flores is a big fan of the stars (especially Orion), honest music (especially Depeche Mode), and her traveling family (no favorites there-she loves them all). These things inspire her intimate style of romance writing. She feels honored to be a member of Washington DC Romance Writers (WRWDC). Carlene currently lives in the D.C. area where she can often be found listening to live music and looking up at the sky on clear nights. If she could touch someone’s heart with her writing the way others have done for her, she’d say truly there never lived a luckier girl.

..You can find my author, Carlene Love Flores, here...
......Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon Author Page | Goodreads | Evernight Author Page

..Now for some book information!
..A look into the story
..
~ Blurb ~
......When Sin Pointe webmaster, Benjamin Wright, is publicly humiliated on his birthday, he knows he’s never gonna be able to show his face around the guys again. But an angelic hostess who lets him sleep it off at the club seems surprisingly eager to help him out. Is his luck changing or does she just feel sorry for him?
......Hazel Temple, bagel mistress by day and club hostess by night, feels horrible for inadvertently playing a part in Ben’s embarrassment and vows to make it up to him—by telling him they had a sizzling hot one night stand. Still recovering from losing her fiancé to suicide, she worries about Ben when he discovers her lie. Is she bound to hurt the men she cares about?
......A Sin Pointe camping trip provides Hazel her chance to get Ben’s groove back.
......Will her webmaster be the one to rock her world? ..
~ Excerpt ~
......Unless a chick was super into a personalized website or slick Facebook banner, Ben didn’t have much woo factor to offer. And a one-night-stand-to-blow-your-mind was definitely not on his menu. He wouldn’t have slept with Erby on their first date and he’d known her for six years! Okay, maybe he would have last night...
......“I suck and ow,” he said, holding his head in one hand while his elbow dug into his knee. Closing his eyes, he tried to remember Haven’s hands on his legs, maybe playing with his knees. It was a hot fantasy, but he got nothing. “Great, just great,” he muttered and then stood up and flushed, even though he hadn’t even dropped his trousers.
......It was time to make his way out.
......But what if she was out there, waiting?
......An apology. That’s what he owed her. A big ole I’m sorry. This woman might have been pleased with her experience but she should know he wasn’t that kind of guy.
......As he dragged his reluctant feet from the stall, her kiss popped onto his lips. He remembered. She’d tasted like sweet cherries. He was so screwed. He knew he’d messed up and had no idea how to deal with this which meant avoidance until he figured it out. What would Jaxon do?
......“You’re not Jaxon, dip wad. You’re Saint Benjamin,” he told himself as he swallowed, and followed the narrow hallway from the back office up to the café.
......Coffee.
......He needed some and if she was up there, he could invite her to have a cup with him. And maybe talk. Nerves brewed heavy in his stomach as he pushed open the curtains that divided the club from the café. Why in the world he chose that very moment to start worrying about condoms was beyond him. But he fumbled for his wallet and found the one he kept still tucked into his bill fold.
......“Oh shit.”

..Buy Sin’s Haven here...
......Evernight Publishing | Amazon | All Romance eBooks | Bookstrand

..Thank you for joining us here today, Ben Wright! It was a pleasure getting to know about you, the story you're in, and your author.

1 comment:

Carlene Love said...

Hi! Ben's author here. :) Just popping in to thank C.R. for hosting Big Ben today and wish you all the best of what's left in 2013!