Attention!

Thanks for visiting!
* When you see the * in my posts that just indicates a new line/paragraph. :)
* To see a lot of fun information, scroll through the side bars and to the bottom of the blog.

01 January 2014

A Look At Alexa Bourne & 'Liar, Liar' - @AlexaBourne @decadentpub #romsuspense #thriller

Happy New Year everyone! Today we have author Alexa Bourne visiting. Welcome!

What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* I’m a teacher by day and a romance writer by nights, weekends, and all school holidays. I also teach online classes for writers throughout the year. I write romantic suspense and contemporary romance and I’m thrilled to have the chance to share my stories with readers everywhere.
* When I’m not concocting sinister plots and steamy love scenes or traveling and exploring new cultures, I spend my time reading, watching brainless TV, and thinking about exercising. Okay, I also spend way too much time interacting with readers and writers on social media sites. But don’t tell my editors! Find out more about me and my books on my WEBSITE.

What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* I’m sharing my latest release, LIAR, LIAR. It is the 1st in what will hopefully be a 2-book series about the Cooper brothers.

How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* I actually came up with Grady’s character first. He was such an amazing character and I just knew I had to find out more about him. Once Devin came into the picture and they began to be explosive together, I knew I had a winner.

Describe the hero in five words.
* Focused, misguided, caring, overwhelming, laid-back

Describe the heroine in five words.
* Controlled, determined, sensitive, guarded, hopeful

Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* I love Grady! He’s such a strong, misguided character and I love how he changes throughout the story to be an even better man. Plus, he’s hot!

What's your favorite line in the story?
* I actually love the opening line: “If Grady Cooper had any hope of salvaging his professional reputation, he needed to charm Devin McQueen into giving him what she’d never given any other man.”

A look into the story
~ Blurb ~
* Unable to protect her mother from her father as a child, Devin McQueen has made it her mission as an adult to protect as many abused women and children as she can. The rare moments she’s not consumed with work as a victims’ advocate, she limits her involvements to safe, predictable men….until she meets bounty hunter Grady Cooper. He is big, bold, brash, and has no problem speaking his mind.
* Growing up in a broken home, Grady realized early on that good deeds had a price. To survive, he learned to weigh every decision by what he could gain. Unfortunately, the successful, solitary life he’s worked so hard to create spins out of control when demons from his past shake his confidence. His boss has given him one last chance—bring in Devin’s latest client quickly, and quietly and maybe he’ll still have a job. It didn’t sound unreasonable until he met Devin.
* Suddenly, Grady must make a decision: save his career or follow his heart?
~ Excerpt ~
* If Grady Cooper had any hope of salvaging his professional reputation, he needed to charm Devin McQueen into giving him what she’d never given any other man.
* He tucked his keys into his cargo shorts, stared up at the five-story office building and cursed the humidity.
* And his dilemma.
* Needing anyone was bad enough. Being forced to rely on a complete stranger to help prove he wasn’t a menace to society was as appealing as the Red Sox using his head for batting practice. If she refused to help him, he’d lose his job for sure.
* “That’s not going to happen,” he whispered. He’d do whatever he had to, promise her the world even, to get himself out of this mess and restore his reputation. By the time she realized he had no intention of honoring his pledge, he’d be a free man and he could get back to chasing the bad guys instead of being labeled one.
* Whatever it took.

Buy Liar, Liar here...
Decadent Publishing | Amazon | All Romance eBooks | Bookstrand | Barnes & Noble

Find Alexa Bourne here...
E-mail | Website | Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads

Thank you for joining us here today, Alexa Bourne! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.

No comments: