Attention!

Thanks for visiting!
* When you see the * in my posts that just indicates a new line/paragraph. :)
* To see a lot of fun information, scroll through the side bars and to the bottom of the blog.

17 March 2014

A Look At Beth D. Carter & 'On Call Mistress' ~ @BethDCarter @evernightpub #erom #rotg

Today we have author Beth D. Carter visiting. Welcome!

What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* I have a very dry sense of humor which I put into my books, usually through the comic relief characters (like the best friend). I usually write about the ordinary girl thrust into extraordinary circumstances. I usually write about places I’ve lived or been, so my books are set all over the place, including Paris, France where I lived for four months. I love to hear from readers so I’ve made it really easy to find me on the web. You can find the links at the end of this post.

What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* I wanted to share about my new (and first) release with Evernight titled On Call Mistress. It’s a Romance on the Go, which means it’s about 35 pages, long enough for someone to get their romance fix for the day. I like writing these short stories because they’re challenging to get that happy ever after in a short amount of space. It’s not part of a series, although my next two books with Evernight are Romance on the Go, and each one is a little different from the other.

How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* I thought of the title first and then recalled a country song titled “Addicted” by Dan Seals (Blake Shelton also covered this song). It’s about a woman who was addicted to a man who didn’t realize what a good thing he had. I tweaked it some, added my own flavor and I really liked how this one turned out.

Describe the hero in five words.
* Giovanni Macari- Italian, rich, driven, in love

Describe the heroine in five words.
* Lexy Carmichael- Waitress, mother, loyal, in love

Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* I’d say Lexy is my favorite character because she’s a lot like me and a lot like other women out there. She’s a single mom trying to take care of her son and sick grandfather as best as she can. She has a dream (of being a costume designer) that’s she’s had to put on hold for the better of her family, but she’s not bitter about it. Family is everything and all she has for a personal life is a few stolen moments with the man she loves. I think a lot of women can relate to her.

What's your favorite line in the story?
* My favorite line is uttered by Lexy’s friend, Marcy, at the beginning of Chapter One. She’s a comic relief character and is reading from a gossip magazine how Giovanni has broken up with his nineteen year old girlfriend. She says:
* “I mean, what could they possibly have had to talk about once the sex fizzled out? Her homework?”

A look into the story
~ Blurb ~
* For two years Lexy Carmichael has been having a secret affair with Italian director Giovanni Macari. Every time he flies into Los Angeles, he text her to meet him. And she always goes because she’s fallen in love with him.
* After a night of earth shattering sex, Gio has changed the rules. He asks her for exclusivity because he wants to date her. But Lexy comes with a ready made family…a son Gio knows nothing about. When she tells him the truth will that kill his desire for her? Can the fantasy sex they share translate into something real?
~ Excerpt ~
* As she stared into his eyes, something shifted inside her. Her heart began to race like a thoroughbred in the Kentucky Derby. Her skin prickled, her breathing became shallow, and her pussy clenched with desire. She’d never, ever, had such a knee jerk reaction to a man, and she hadn’t a clue on how to handle it.
* Giovanni’s eyes traced over her face in an intimate sort of way. She felt his cock harden against her stomach, and her panties were instantly drenched as her juices ran. He gave her a sheepish, roguish smile.
* “Hello,” he greeted in a teasing, sexy voice that held just the faintest trace of an accent. “I must admit I’m very happy to meet you.”
* She grinned and felt her dimples crease her cheeks. “I was going to ask if that was a banana in your pocket.”
* He tipped his head back as he laughed. She was fascinated by the muscles in his throat. Really? Throat muscles turned her on?
* “I’m Giovanni Macari.”
* “Lexy. Lexy Carmichael.”
* “Ah. Sexy Lexy.”
* She felt her cheeks heat up. “Not fair. I can’t rhyme Giovanni with anything.”
* “How is it I’ve never run into you before?”
* “Maybe because there’s nine million people in this town?”
* He tilted his head. “Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine.”

Buy On Call Mistress here...
Evernight Publishing | Amazon | All Romance eBooks | BookStrand

Find Beth D. Carter here...
Website | Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon Author Page

Thank you for joining us here today, Beth D. Carter! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.

1 comment:

Beth D. Carter said...

Thank you so much for letting me visit!