What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* K. E. Shade is multi-published author Kastil Eavenshade in disguise pandering her romantic shenanigans. When not catering to the whims of three rescued kitties, she's dreaming up her next heart-beating tale. No period in history—past, present, or future—is safe from the clutches of her muse. Her passions beyond writing are drawing, cooking, and watching Pittsburgh Penguins hockey. She credits her parents for her free spirit as they've always supported her in every aspect of her life. Without them, she wouldn't be here. :D
What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* Muir Bhreatan is a historical pirate tale based in and around Ireland. It is the first in what I hope will be a series.
How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* I love doing historical fiction and the base of the story surrounded two brothers but grew into something much more. Every ship has a berth and most men of the sea have a woman they call their own. The more I read on the 17th century, the more the story grew into a journey into getting back to that one lass that holds the heart of the hero.
Describe the hero in five words.
* Passionate, cunning, torn, determined, and PIRATE!
Describe the heroine in five words.
* Fiery, temptress, loyal, strong, and unwavering.
Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* Daithi, the brother of the hero. It's his ultimate sacrifice that helps his brother return to his beloved Kaitlin.
What's your favorite line in the story?
* [Daithi] "I decided to take a more chivalrous road."
* "Oh aye?" Aedan chuckled. "Has it fallen off yet from yer chivalry then?"
A look into the story
* Liberators of gold from the British on the high seas, Aedan O' Loinsigh and his brother have never shied away from a challenge on the open waters. Aedan's only tie to solid ground is the lovely Kaitlin who possesses him like no other. When the brothers are captured and awaiting execution, a mysterious man offers to free them if they pay off their debt aboard his ship. The brothers waste no time in agreeing to the proposal only to find their new lives are not much better than those of slaves. Desperate to reach Kaitlin again, Aedan must figure out a way to save not only the other indentured servants aboard the ship but get back to his true love. Salvation could come at a price. One that Aedan will have to live with for the rest of his life.
* The booming crash of waves startled Aedan from his desires. "No." He stumbled back. The disappointment shone in her face, and he turned away. "Does our relationship mean so little to ye that ye trick me with ye wiles?" He laced up his trousers.
* "Does ye rule on having women on board mean so much that ye leave me time and time again to wonder if I'll see ye again?" She stomped past, but he grabbed her arm and spun her around. His hands grasped her shoulders.
* "I care about keeping ye safe, Kaitlin." He shook her. "Barbary Corsairs. That is who owned the ship we sunk that all those not of my crew had the displeasure of meeting. If they ran, their feet were struck with a cane. If their stomachs ached, their bellies met with the cane as well. Yer a woman, Kaitlin. Those men had wives—daughters! All sold into slavery."
* She tore from his grasp. "I can take care of me own." Her words were bold, but Aedan caught the tremble in her limbs. She ran back toward the tavern.
* He watched her go, scrubbing his face. If he wanted her to do unnatural things to his crotch instead of the pleasantries she had started, running after her would do the trick. He walked along the beach until he reached the rowboat. The best course would be to sleep off the altercation in the calm of the water and hope Kaitlin came to her senses by morning.
Buy Muir Bhreatan here...
Breathless Press | Amazon - US | Amazon - UK | All Romance eBooks | BookStrand
See the book trailer HERE
Find K. E. Shade here...
Website/Blog | Facebook
Thank you for joining us here today, K. E. Shade! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.