What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Author Kay Phoenix believes in the miraculous, transformative power of love. She believes it is possible for the human heart to be reborn just as the mythological creature, the Phoenix, is able to rise from the ashes of its former self.
* Ms. Phoenix is a lifelong resident of Las Vegas, Nevada. She serves on the board of the Las Vegas Romance Writers and is also a member of the Kiss of Death and Women’s Fiction chapters of Romance Writers of America.
* Prior to writing, Kay was a Graphic Artist for 15 years, and holds a degree in Graphic Technology. In her spare time she enjoys hiking, camping and photography and is pursuing a Bachelor’s in Psychology. She is also a member of the Las Vegas Artists Guild.
* Kay writes in the contemporary and paranormal romance categories, as well as non-fiction articles. Find her at www.KayPhoenix.com
What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* Borealis Ardor is a paranormal romance novella that is part of the Seasons of Passion series from MuseItUp Publishing.
How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* Borealis Ardor is part of a larger story that I plan to publish within the next year or so. The characters and world will carry though into that one.
Describe the hero in five words.
* David is noble, committed, honest, strong, and tenacious.
Describe the heroine in five words.
* Lauren is curious, persistent, reasonable, resilient, and sarcastic.
Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* My favorite character is Lauren because she is able to keep her wits about her even as her life swirls into chaos around her.
What's your favorite line in the story?
* “Come on. I’ve saved your life, Princess. You owe me a dance.”
A look into the story
* The only pillar of strength in her fragile life was David Wagner, her bodyguard who was placed in witness protection. But, what had he seen that day, and why couldn’t she remember?
* She had no choice but to run. And if her life was threatened again, who would be there to protect her?
* I had to see his grave. I figured it would give me some closure since I’d probably never see him again. Dad had seen it fit to order a funeral service in addition to placing him in witness protection, in order to close up any loose ends. I couldn’t blame him knowing the types of people he was getting threats from. It seemed everyone wanted their hands in on his research, especially knowing that his team had finally narrowed down a microbe that could single out and fight certain cancer cells. He was close to a miracle. So close.
* Shaking my head I tried to recall why I was in this grocery store in Kingman, Arizona. I wanted to pick up some flowers to take to David’s grave, that’s it.
* Get it together, Lauren.
* And, what the hell was I thinking sneaking away in the middle of the night to drive to Arizona? Dad was going to be so upset. He’d probably fire Michelle, which was fine with me because she gave me the creeps anyway. I didn’t like the way she studied me. With her I felt more like a germ under a microscope than with any of my previous bodyguards. She was so stuffy. Actually, most of them were stuffy.
* Except David. He hadn’t been stuffy.
Buy Borealis Ardor here...
MuseItUp Publishing | Amazon | Apple/iTunes-Book | All Romance eBooks/OmniLit | Barnes & Noble | Kobo
Find Kay Phoenix here...
Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | E-mail
Thank you for joining us here today, Kay Phoenix! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.
What is Mid Week Tease? Mid Week Tease is an event hosted by the wonderful Sandra Bunino where authors spotlight a few lines or a paragraph or two from their stories. Readers, you get to sample some delicious snippets and be teased, titillated and tantalized into the weekend!
Visit these other wonderful authors for more MWT goodness!