Mid Week Tease is an event where authors are spotlighting a few lines or a paragraph or two from their stories. Readers, you get to sample some delicious snippets and be teased, titillated and tantalized into the weekend!
This week I'm happy to give my blog over to J. J. Lore, author of Bondmate, a Planet Alpha story from Evernight Publishing. Enjoy!
* Avanelle Rein is merely trying to survive in the chaos of a dying society. The last thing she expects is rescue at the hands of golden-skinned alien men. Despite her attraction to them, she fears their warrior ferocity.
* Facing danger from Xyran raiders draws the three together as they explore their new relationship and one another. An unexpected challenge during an ancient claiming right forces Avanelle, Bynton, and Mateen to decide if their bond is strong enough to survive.
* “We want to talk to you.” Mateen stared at her, his brows lowered.
* “Learn about you.” Bynton released his hold on her arm long enough to adjust the way her cowl fit against her head. She swerved away from his touch, and he dropped his hand.
* “Didn’t have to grab me to do that.” It was only bravado talking at this point. She knew her legs were going to shake soon and she’d fall. Too little to eat over the last few weeks, running and screaming, terror, had all stolen away whatever she’d been holding in reserve.
* “We did. We needed privacy with you, and that wasn’t an option at the camp, was it?” Mateen’s voice was low, his reasoning logical. No, there was no privacy in the camp for anyone. She hadn’t had a moment of silence or peace since the soldiers had forced the evacuation of her apartment block in Puerta Santigo over a month ago, not that she’d had much solitude there. A blanket sectioning off half a tiny room hardly counted as a home. But she’d belonged there. Once she’d been evacuated her life had turned to hunger, filth, and desperation.
* “Privacy for what? Are you going to kill me?”
* Mateen narrowed his eyes, and she felt Bynton release her entirely as she asked her question.
* “Kill you? Why would we—?”
* “To eat me. The devils like to eat us, or so the stories go.”
* “We aren’t devils.” Bynton took a step away and jammed his hands on his hips, throwing his broad chest and thick arms into perfect display. “We are decorated warriors of a respected house, not uncivilized cannibals.”
Pick up your copy of Bondmate here: Evernight Publishing | Amazon | All Romance eBooks | BookStrand | Barnes & Noble
About J. J. Lore
* J. J. Lore needs three things; strong, black coffee, time to write, and…well…you can guess the third. When she isn’t inventing fantastical tales filled with passionate people, she’s shaking sriracha on whatever she’s eating or reading about the Justinian plague. For updates on her erotic romance releases, visit her website.
Find J. J. Lore here...
Website | Facebook
Thank you for joining us here today, J. J. Lore! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.
Visit these other wonderful authors for more MWT goodness!