Mid Week Tease is an event where authors are spotlighting a few lines or a paragraph or two from their stories. Readers, you get to sample some delicious snippets and be teased, titillated and tantalized into the weekend!
This week I'm happy to give my blog space over to Jewel Quinlan, author of Surrender Sweet Succubus and other wonderful stories. She's going to share some information before her tease. Enjoy!
A look into the story
* “Mm hm. Well, you found one.”
* He lost his train of thought as she rolled a tube of lipstick over her lips. The same lips that had been wrapped around his cock last night doing the most wicked things to him.
* She finished and started to walk back into the bathroom but her feet stopped short just before the door as if she had hit an invisible barrier. The look on her face was almost comical.
* “What the…?” She backed up a step and then tried to move forward again but was halted once more in the same place. She reached in front of her and grabbed the doorway then tried to pull herself through but from the waist down, nothing else moved.
* “What the hell is going on?!” She sounded scared now.
* He stood. It was working, the binding spell was working! “Okay, I don’t want you to get upset but I put a binding spell on you.” He couldn’t help feeling bad about it. It wasn’t really in his nature to cast such spells but it had been necessary.
* “You did what?” Her tone turned to acid and her eyes narrowed.
* “A binding spell,” he repeated, “So you can’t go more than three yards away from me. Sorry, were you trying to go to the bathroom?”
* He moved closer to give her more slack so she could go in. She stumbled slightly as the perimeter of the bind shifted. She straightened, looking even more upset, and moved away from the bathroom towards the front door.
* “How dare you!” she raged. “I am not to be held in bondage by any man. Release me at once!” Her hands scrabbled at the door behind her for the knob.
* “I’ll remove it I swear! It’s just, I need your help with something and I didn’t want you to disappear. I wasn’t sure how you would react when I told you I knew what you were.”
* “You think I’m going to help you now!?” She looked like she would hit him if she could. Her eyes blazed emerald fire.
* “I think, when you listen to what I have to say, you will.”
* “And what if I don’t want to listen? You’re going to force me?”
* He started to negate it but then stopped. She was right. The look in his sister-in-law’s eyes had haunted him since they’d spoken. He couldn’t let her down. Couldn’t let them both go on with the heartache of being childless. He shook his head, not knowing what to say.
* “That’s it, I knew it! You men are all the same. You just take what you want and bend other people to your will.”
* He held his hands out to her in pause. “Now look, I don’t even know if you can help me. I just wanted the opportunity to discuss it with you. That’s all. But before we do there’s something else I have to tell you about.” Better to come clean right away. He slowly inched forward towards her.
* She yanked the door open. “I don’t care! Whatever it is, I’m not doing it you jerk!” she said, turning to go.
* He quickly called out, “I just wanted to be honest and tell you…”
* She took one step and then crumpled into a heap on the carpet.
* “…about the sedative.”
Buy Surrender Sweet Succubus here...
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | All Romance eBooks | iTunes | Or add it to your shelf on Goodreads
A look at Jewel Quinlan...
* From a young age, Jewel Quinlan had an abundant imagination and strong desire to write novels. She particularly enjoys writing paranormal and fantasy romance. An avid traveler, she has visited fifteen countries so far (which she enjoys using as settings in her novels) and has plans to see more of the world. She has a particular fondness for Bavaria and studies the German language as one of her hobbies. During the day, she works as a pharmaceutical sales representative and, at night, she writes romance. She currently lives in Orange County, California with her two dogs; Shimmer and Penny.
Find Jewel Quinlan here...
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Tumblr | Goodreads | Amazon
Thank you for joining us here today, Jewel Quinlan! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.