What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Casey Moss delves into the darker aspects of life in her writing, sometimes basing the stories on reality, sometimes on myth. No matter the path, her stories will take you on a journey from the light-hearted paranormal to dark things unspeakable. What waits around the corner? Come explore…
What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* I'm here to share my story Open World. The world of C.O.V.E.N. (Clans of Vegas – Endless Night) first appeared in Evernight Publishing’s anthology Keyboards & Kink (available here: Evernight Publishing & at other fine e-tailers) in Casey’s story, AFK. In AFK, we saw a peek into I-D-8 Entertainment’s in-production MMORPG: Clans of Vegas – Endless Night, also known as C.O.V.E.N. when Beth and another gamer got sucked into the game for real. Now, in Open World, the employees have joined together for a LAN party to test the game.
How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* Like I mentioned above, the world of C.O.V.E.N. was introduced in an anthology. The call for that anth was about on-line relationships and since I'd been into MMORPGs I went that route when creating the story - what if gamers got sucked into a game and hooked up? Open World consists of two novellas that had been previously published, and they'd been repurposed to fit this theme. I'm so excited they found new life and a new home with Evernight Publishing!
Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* There are multiple characters in the story. The bad guy Cor, the parents, the two couples Den & Hope and Faith & Tavis. There's also the cousin, Cassandra. Beth from the first story along with Rick make an appearance, along with some other new characters one of which is JT. JT will be one of the main characters in the next book. Love my JT. But when it comes to Open World, my favorite character is Cassandra. She, too, will be a featured character in the book that comes after JT's story.
What's your favorite line in the story?
* There are a lot of great lines in the book & I have several favorites. Here's one of them:
* “Hey, if you want to be bit by the CWU that’s coming up on you, feel free to continue standing there with your thumb up your ass.”
A look into the story
* Welcome to I-D-8 Entertainment’s newest game: Clans of Vegas—Endless Night.
* Friends and family have gathered for a crunch time playtest of C.O.V.E.N.. When a horrible thunderstorm hits, everyone’s sucked into the game for real. In the MMORPG, Hope Collins is kidnapped by Buzz and forced to submit to his whims. Her boyfriend, Alden, has to delay his quest of defeating a clan’s prince to save her, but time and circumstance don’t seem to be on his side. Faith Collins is bombarded by strange dreams brought on by Buzz. Her boyfriend, Tavis, learns to dream walk, but can he help break the spell she’s under and save her before she’s lost to him?
* C.O.V.E.N. is more than just a game. It’s a whole other world.
* The gathering area, which when empty reminded him of a great room in someone’s house, had been rearranged. Two black leather couches and a matching recliner had been pushed against the far wall blocking a pair of sliding glass doors. A brick façade fireplace lay bare since there was no need for supplemental heat. Opposite the hearth and in the far corner area was the kitchen. A breakfast bar counter divided the great area from the food space and was laden with cans of soda, bottles of water and various snacks.
* But the most important part spread out in front of him. Three rows of long folding tables spanned the room. Two more near the kitchen were pushed up against the three making the whole configuration look like a squared off M on its side. Keyboards, monitors, switches and small pyramid crystals filled the table tops, and wires cascaded down in colorful streams to computer towers and power strips. Enough room on top of and under the table surrounded each chair and work space.
* A woman with light brown hair pulled into a pony tail popped up from beneath the middle table. Scratching her head, she stared down at a monitor.
* “Hey, Beth,” Den called out to her as he strolled into the room. “Need a hand?”
* She jerked her head up and her gaze landed on him. “Oh, hey there, Alden. Help? Nah. JT, Bruce and Steve should be back any moment. One of them will double check my connections. Thought you’d be out there with your girl and her family.”
* A wide grin lit her face. Beth wasn’t a classic beauty, but there was something about her mannerisms and expressions that had the guys in the company taking second and third looks. He didn’t think she had any clue about her mysterious allure.
* “I was. I told her I wanted to check out things in here. See if you all needed help.”
* Beth swung an arm out. “Well, as you can see, we’re pretty much ready to go.”
* The lights flickered, brightened, dimmed and slowly went back to normal. Ceiling fans which had slowed sped up again to resume their normal cycling.
* A curious tingle sparked in Den’s fingers, spread up and flared in his arms. The ‘boat’ sensation returned. He took a deep breath and mentally shook off the wonky vibes, not wanting to face his issue at this particular time.
* Beth’s face paled. She shook her head. “Oh no. Not again.”
Buy Open World here...
Evernight Publishing | Amazon | All Romance eBooks | BookStrand
Find Casey Moss here...
Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads
Casey Moss is touring! There's a unique excerpt at every spot. :)
May 15: Casey Moss | May 15: Beth D. Carter | May 16: Iyana Jenna | May 17: Ela Stein | May 18: Elodie Parkes | May 19: Nicola Cameron | May 20: Leigh Ellwood | May 26: Carlene Love Flores | May 27: S.J. Maylee | May 28/29: Evie Jayne | May 29: Doris O'Connor | May 30: Jessica Coulter Smith | June 4: Kastil Eavenshade | June 6: London St James