Mid Week Tease is an event where authors are spotlighting a few lines or a paragraph or two from their stories. Readers, you get to sample some delicious snippets and be teased, titillated and tantalized into the weekend!
This week I'm happy to give my blog over to Teri Riggs, author of Resolutions, a story from Decadent Publishing. She's touring right now so be sure to check out the contest below. Enjoy!
What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Teri Riggs was destined to be a writer. As a small girl she didn’t read bedtime stories, she made up her own. Who needed Little Red Riding Hood or The Three Little Pigs when there were so many great tales bouncing around in her head? When she grew up and became a mother to three little girls, she continued the tradition of making up bedtime stories. On the occasions she chose to tell conventional fairytales, Teri usually gave them a bit of tweaking here and there or added a new ending. Her girls loved it.
* After her daughters had the nerve to actually grow up and leave home, Teri discovered she had a passion for writing and jumped right in. It came as no surprise she chose to write mysteries and happily-ever-after’s since that’s the genres she loves to read.
* Teri lives in Marietta, Georgia with her husband, one of her daughters and two dogs that seem to think they rule the world. And some days Teri thinks maybe they do.
* Teri still frequently tells herself stories as she falls asleep. The only difference now is she wakes up the next morning and turns her bedtime stories into books.
Do you ever wish you were someone else? Who?
* I think I’m good with who I am. But if I had to be someone else, I’d still be me, but a younger version. And I’d be 20 pounds lighter. I’d want my brain loaded with all the things I’ve learned over the years so I wouldn’t have to spend so much time figuring out things.
What did you do on your last birthday?
* I haven’t had a birthday since I turned 36. I plan to stay 36 till the end of time.
Do you have any tattoos?
* No tattoos.
What are you working on right now?
* I’m finishing book 2 of my Kennedy O’Brien series and working on a follow up to Resolutions.
What is something you’ve lied about?
* My age. I’m really not 36.
What story are you going to tell us about today?
A look into the story
* As a teen, Mac watched his family fall apart after his mother died doing dangerous U.N. work. The possibility of losing Eve to a mission ignited an overwhelming need to protect her. When he forced her to choose him or her job, she walked away. Two years later, it seems all his nightmares have come true and he’s tasked with rescuing her from a Colombian prison. Mac has never stopped loving Eve, but does he dare risk his heart when he’s so terrified of losing…
* On the run, Mac and Eve must learn to trust each other again in order to stay alive.
* “This is an IDEA operation. My assignment. And Rex’s. We can do our jobs.”
* Mac smiled. “Not anymore, baby. Your boss hired Resolutions to get you back into the Mendoza compound. More specifically, he wants me for the job.”
* “Why would I need you?” Her face reddened. “Rex and I had no problem getting past the compound walls before.”
* “Are you kidding? Your team lost a man, you were captured, and almost died yourself.” He wanted to shake some sense into her. “You call that no problems?”
* “I meant we infiltrated the compound without incident. I’ll make sure we get out safely this time.”
* “It’s gonna be harder.” Mac wished she would listen to reason, but he knew Eve, and nothing he said would change her mind once she made it up. “After you and your team breached the compound, Mendoza doubled his security force. Chances are good you won’t be able to retrieve the hidden flash drive. Getting back inside the study—if you need another go at his computer—will be a bigger challenge. I’m the only guy who can get you past all the extra security.”
* “Oh, pa-leeease! What have you got that I don’t have?”
* He looked at his ever-present-around-Eve hard-on and smiled sheepishly. “Well, baby, if I need to expla—”
Buy Resolutions here...
Decadent Publishing | Amazon | All Romance eBooks | Barnes & Noble | BookStrand
Find Teri Riggs here...
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Blog | Goodreads
Thank you for joining us here today, Teri Riggs! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.
ANNOUNCEMENT! Teri will be giving away a $50 Amazon/BN GC! So be sure to use the Rafflecopter to enter, leave your name and email with a comment, & visit the other tour stops (find them here: goddessfishpromotions-virtual-book-tour-resolutions-by-teri) for a greater chance of winning!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Visit these other wonderful authors for more MWT goodness!