What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* I'm all about the magic of visual stimulus, tactile writing, and use of all five senses. I love eccentric characters and unpredictable plot turns.
* I enjoy a good book that pulls me into its world and holds me captive until the very last page. But then again, who doesn’t love that?
* I'm often caught snickering at a book in the middle of a crowded room, I love it when people wonder what I’m up to.
What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* PROM NIGHT IN PURGATORY is the first in the PURGATORY series.
How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* I love exploring local history. I fell in love with an early 1920’s amusement park that had burned down near my home. It had such a glory about it before it was destroyed. So I really want to give it a new life, and a paranormal twist.
Describe the hero in five words.
* Legendary ghost and human collector
Describe the heroine in five words.
* Cancer-stricken conduit to the afterlife
Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* I love my heroine, Baila, because she’s been through so much. Her cancer has returned. She’s got twenty-five candles on her cake, six months to live, and one middle finger for her slow and painful ending. She’s going to give herself a grand finale. And the legendary Asher’s on the menu.
What's your favorite line in the story?
* I couldn’t pick just one. Maybe a scene? See the excerpt below. :)
A look into the story
* She’s got twenty-five candles on her birthday cake, six months to live, and one middle finger for her slow and painful ending.
* As a conduit to the afterlife and valuable member of her ghost exterminating team, she’s a record holder for most risks taken in a lifetime. She’s not dead yet, but her friends are already morning her. And with her inability to land even a single live boyfriend, she’s ready to shoot that record sky high. Conjuring the legendary ghost of ASHER LANDIN, might be the best option for a grand finale. But to face that stone wall of sex appeal with a terminal illness, would mean risking his rejection with no second chances left. Game over.
* Asher lives for his job—not that you could really call it living, he’s dead. But it’s all he exists for. As The Collector, his gateway to the ever-changing world above only swings one way, and the morsels of life he gathers is his only defense against insanity. That is, until a tart little chasse by the name of Baila breaks through, and he truly learns the meaning of insane. With his father ready to hand over the family business and his step-mother fighting for power, Asher needs to prove his ability to control not only the realm of purgatory, but his increasing urge to chase Baila around like a lunatic.
* Baila bit her lip and looked again to the door.
* “You won’t say? Want to show me instead?”
* She squeezed her eyes shut. Like that would be any easier?
* “Mmmm. Without your direction, this’ll be more time consuming than I planned,” he expelled a small sigh and shifted his body lower, then pressed a kiss to the crevice of her inner thigh. “Course, I’m sure you’ll recall we don’t have much concept of time here anyway.”
Keep a look out for buying Prom Night in Purgatory here...
The Wild Rose Press | Amazon
Find Kacey Mark here...
Website | Twitter | Facebook
Thank you for joining us here today, Kacey Mark! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.