* Linda K. Hopkins was born in South Africa, and grew up in Johannesburg. She left South Africa in her mid-twenties, and after spending a few years in England, finally settled in Calgary, Canada, where she lives with her husband and twin daughters.
* When she's not writing, she's usually reading (a great pastime when you are trapped in a snowbound landscape eight months of the year!), tinkering on the piano or just living life!
So, Linda K. Hopkins, what/who inspired you to become a writer?
* It was my mother who first encouraged me to write, and before writing my first novel, I spent many years writing for newsletters as well as business documents. However, my love of stories and storytelling came from the multitude of books I have read from the time I could first read.
When did you attempt your first story? What length was it? What's become of it?
* Although I have spent my life dreaming up stories, it was only recently that I wrote one down. This full length manuscript (100 000 words) has been temporarily put aside, but I plan to come back to it at some stage, and eventually publish it.
How many stories did you complete before you sold your first?
What are the best and worst pieces of writing advice you ever received?
* The best writing advice I received was to write something you want to read. The worst - you can do your own self-editing.
The book you’re promoting, is it a stand-alone story or part of a series?
* Bound by a Dragon is the first book in a series. The second book will be available early 2015, so be sure to sign up for updates!
What sparked the idea for the story/series?
* I love fantasy and the supernatural, as well as the potential in romance. The idea for the story was actually born in a daydream, and started off as a short story that just grew!
*** Now for some fun info… ***
Would you/have you own(ed) a snake or some other exotic pet?
* The most exotic pet I have ever owned is a budgie!
Which do you prefer: rain or sun & warm weather or cold weather?
* Sunshine and warm weather
If you could live anywhere in the universe, where would it be and why?
* I would live right here on Earth - there is so much to see and experience, a lifetime is not long enough to do it all!
If you were stranded on a desert island and were only allowed to have five modern conveniences with you, what would they be?
* Laptop; Coffee machine; Flashlight; Hot, running water; Duvet (is that a modern convenience?)
*** About Linda K. Hopkins’ book/series… ***
* A dragon has moved into the neighborhood of Keira's small, medieval village, unsettling the residents as they fear for their safety. All except Keira, who is fascinated by the creature, both dangerous and beautiful. But when Aaron Drake decides to take up residence in his ancestral home of Storbrook Castle, set deep in the nearby mountains, Keira finds herself unsettled by the handsome stranger. Why did he decide to move to Storbrook, almost eighty years after it was last inhabited, and does the dragon really live in the caves below the castle?
* “Why did you take me?” she finally asked, shuddering at the thought of what might have been. She lifted her hand to her cheek, feeling the sting of scratches scored down her face. A flash of sharp teeth made her draw in her breath as the dragon replied with a growl.
* “I’m sorry Keira,” it said. “I should have been there sooner. When I think of what that boy was about to do …” The dragon stopped and pulled in a breath. “I shouldn’t have left him alive!”
* Keira trembled at the thought. “But why?” she said. “What does it matter to you?”
* The dragon stared at her for a long moment, until finally it breathed out a sigh, sending sparks flaring from its nostrils. “Come closer, Keira,” it said.
* Keira hesitated, wondering what the dragon intended to do with her.
* “I’m not going to hurt you,” the dragon said.
* She looked at the mighty beast before her and suppressed a shudder. Its claws rested on the ground, razor-sharp and menacing. She could see its pointed teeth and knew that it could rip her to shreds in an instant, or burn her to a crisp with one hot breath. One swipe of its massive tail could send her flying through the air, or leave her broken on the ground. Keira knew that the dragon could wield mighty power with barely any effort, striking fear into the hearts of many brave men. But as she looked at the dragon, gazing into eyes that blazed like the fire it breathed, she felt her fears slowly melt away.
***Buy Linda K. Hopkins' book here***
Amazon | Nook | Kobo
***Find Linda K. Hopkins here***
Website | Facebook
Thank you for joining us here today, Linda K. Hopkins! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your work.
ANNOUNCEMENT! The author will give away a $25 Amazon gift certificate via Rafflecopter! So be sure to leave your name and email with your comment AND use the Rafflecopter below to enter for the prize. Also, visit the other tour stops (find them here: goddessfishpromotions-virtual-book-tour-bound-by-dragon) for a greater chance of winning!
a Rafflecopter giveaway