What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* I live in New York, less than an hour away from Manhattan. My husband and I have been married for 14 years and we have two children ages nine and six. During the day I manage a billing office, though my dream job is to write full time. It’s what I love. I’m also an avid reader and skilled procrastinator.
What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* My latest release is Her Everything and its part of Decadent Publishing’s 1Night Stand series. If you’re not familiar, the series is a collection of short stories by various authors and written for a variety of genres. There’s something for everyone. 1Night Stand is the name of the agency run by Madame Eve, who is a central figure in all the books. The characters engage the agency for various reasons with the expectation of a one night stand. However, Madame Eve’s goal is to provide her clients with a happy ending beyond a single night.
* While there are some sub-series within 1Night Stand, my book is a stand-alone.
How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* I was watching a documentary on VH1 about The Pussycat Dolls and the idea seemed to bloom from there. At first I thought the main character would be the lead of the girl group, but as much as stars are fascinating, I always wonder how it’d feel to be within their orbit. The idea that my lead character, Rachel, was the sister to the band’s lead singer formed and quickly after I discovered they were twins.
Describe the hero in five words.
* Sexy, confident, talented, caring, gorgeous
Describe the heroine in five words.
* Loyal, beautiful, responsible, shy, bold (when needed)
Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* As much as I love Mark, I’d have to say it was especially fun to write about the relationship between Rachel and her twin sister, Sasha. I have two sisters and a brother; I found writing the sibling scenes to be a lot of fun. Their teasing, the I-got-your-back moments, and even at the end when Rachel was kind of mad at her sister, all of it I enjoyed writing and came pretty naturally. Also, I was the oldest and always thought of myself as the more responsible one – which Rachel finds herself to be as well. So I would say that Rachel edges about Mark just a bit because I identify with her more.
What's your favorite line in the story?
* Oh, that’s a tough one (and I think this may change depending on my mood!). But right now:
* “I don’t need protecting, Rachel. I need you.”
A look into the story
* Attending an event to support a charity close to his heart, Mark Travis wasn’t looking for love, or even company—and definitely not with a fan. But when he puts in a hasty bid at a silent auction and wins the services of 1Night Stand, Madame Eve has something different in mind. A single evening with a woman she claims can fulfill his needs. But one night might not be enough.
* Come morning, will Mark and Rachel’s unexpected one-night stand give them more than they bargained for?
* “I…I got called away to help my sister.” She stumbled on the near lie. But, truth be told, she never dreamed Mark would give her a second thought after she’d left, his disinterest so plain to see.
* So he knew who she was then? “Yes, she’s my sister.”
* “Your twin.”
* Rachel allowed him to spin her before replying. “That’s correct.”
* “I didn’t realize at first. The glasses threw me off, as did your hair.” He smiled then. “Even so, you two are not identical.”
* Aside from her and Sasha’s obvious style differences and voices, very few people were able to tell them apart. A knot formed in Rachel’s throat. She didn’t like where his comment appeared to be leading or the way his movements slowed and his brow furrowed.
* He met her eyes. “Was that you on stage tonight?”
Buy Her Everything here...
Decadent Publishing | Kindle | Nook | All Romance eBooks | Kobo
Find Tara Andrews here...
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Goodreads
Thank you for joining us here today, Tara Andrews! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.