Attention!

Thanks for visiting!
* When you see the * in my posts that just indicates a new line/paragraph. :)
* To see a lot of fun information, scroll through the side bars and to the bottom of the blog.

17 October 2014

A Look At Tara Andrews & 'Her Everything' @tara_andrews1 @decadentpub #1NS #1NightStand #erotic #romance

Today we have author Tara Andrews visiting. Welcome!

What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* I live in New York, less than an hour away from Manhattan. My husband and I have been married for 14 years and we have two children ages nine and six. During the day I manage a billing office, though my dream job is to write full time. It’s what I love. I’m also an avid reader and skilled procrastinator.

What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* My latest release is Her Everything and its part of Decadent Publishing’s 1Night Stand series. If you’re not familiar, the series is a collection of short stories by various authors and written for a variety of genres. There’s something for everyone. 1Night Stand is the name of the agency run by Madame Eve, who is a central figure in all the books. The characters engage the agency for various reasons with the expectation of a one night stand. However, Madame Eve’s goal is to provide her clients with a happy ending beyond a single night.
* While there are some sub-series within 1Night Stand, my book is a stand-alone.

How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* I was watching a documentary on VH1 about The Pussycat Dolls and the idea seemed to bloom from there. At first I thought the main character would be the lead of the girl group, but as much as stars are fascinating, I always wonder how it’d feel to be within their orbit. The idea that my lead character, Rachel, was the sister to the band’s lead singer formed and quickly after I discovered they were twins.

Describe the hero in five words.
* Sexy, confident, talented, caring, gorgeous

Describe the heroine in five words.
* Loyal, beautiful, responsible, shy, bold (when needed)

Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* As much as I love Mark, I’d have to say it was especially fun to write about the relationship between Rachel and her twin sister, Sasha. I have two sisters and a brother; I found writing the sibling scenes to be a lot of fun. Their teasing, the I-got-your-back moments, and even at the end when Rachel was kind of mad at her sister, all of it I enjoyed writing and came pretty naturally. Also, I was the oldest and always thought of myself as the more responsible one – which Rachel finds herself to be as well. So I would say that Rachel edges about Mark just a bit because I identify with her more.

What's your favorite line in the story?
* Oh, that’s a tough one (and I think this may change depending on my mood!). But right now:
* “I don’t need protecting, Rachel. I need you.”

A look into the story
~ Blurb ~
* Rachel Turner made a mistake—a couple, in fact. Ruining a surprise meeting with the front man to her favorite band is just the beginning. But agreeing to switch places with her famous sister may spell the end of both of their careers. With rumors flying and an unexpected invitation from Madame Eve, Rachel hopes she can put the mistakes behind her.
* Attending an event to support a charity close to his heart, Mark Travis wasn’t looking for love, or even company—and definitely not with a fan. But when he puts in a hasty bid at a silent auction and wins the services of 1Night Stand, Madame Eve has something different in mind. A single evening with a woman she claims can fulfill his needs. But one night might not be enough.
* Come morning, will Mark and Rachel’s unexpected one-night stand give them more than they bargained for?
~ Excerpt ~
* His hold on her shifted, bringing them closer, the difference slight, but welcome. The nerves at her waist sizzled under the weight of his palm, while his thumb rubbed the exposed skin of her back. She shivered again from the simple touch, and an answering heat flared in his eyes.
* “I…I got called away to help my sister.” She stumbled on the near lie. But, truth be told, she never dreamed Mark would give her a second thought after she’d left, his disinterest so plain to see.
* “Sasha?”
* So he knew who she was then? “Yes, she’s my sister.”
* “Your twin.”
* Rachel allowed him to spin her before replying. “That’s correct.”
* “I didn’t realize at first. The glasses threw me off, as did your hair.” He smiled then. “Even so, you two are not identical.”
* Aside from her and Sasha’s obvious style differences and voices, very few people were able to tell them apart. A knot formed in Rachel’s throat. She didn’t like where his comment appeared to be leading or the way his movements slowed and his brow furrowed.
* He met her eyes. “Was that you on stage tonight?”

Buy Her Everything here...
Decadent Publishing | Kindle | Nook | All Romance eBooks | Kobo

Find Tara Andrews here...
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Goodreads

Thank you for joining us here today, Tara Andrews! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.

No comments: